Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Heavier snow now and definitely no rain in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

it looks like kilkenny is going to get some snow will we????????????

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

sharkman wrote: »
    Still snowing herein Swords , BUT the Temp is up to -0.5 . at this rate it could turn to rain :mad:

Did anyone else read this as "Still snowing heroin in Swords"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Im flying from Dublin airport to Lisbon tommorow afternoon, is there any point in even making the trip up? I havnt been following the weather the last while so whats the forecast like for overnight and tommorow up there please??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

It's about to kick off again here so I will tell you in a minute whether the rain has fecked off. If it has'nt we could be done for the night here.

• Advertisement

Back to pure snow...for now.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

darkman2 wrote: »
    It's about to kick off again here so I will tell you in a minute whether the rain has fecked off. If it has'nt we could be done for the night here.

I think it was just the initial burst - if its not raining here you can be sure it won't there!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Complete whiteout in Dublin 12!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

-2 in Ballyfermot according to Radio Nova News just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Ok so there's no bookings left on the trains. Given what met and MT C are forecasting for tonight and next 24 hours, if school is closed for christmas then should I go tonight for Ballina and stay in a hotel in Longford or somewhere tonight where I'll be further from the snow?? And continue the journey tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Started raining here. Then it stopped completely. And now it's back to snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Huge delays coming out of Chapelizod due to vehicles getting stuck going up hill to take exit onto N4. Gardaí on scene.
    On 67 at base of the exit ramp waiting to go onto N4 with a van in front of us sliding back down the ramp.
    Journey time almost 3 hours. Still counting...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

ok just back from tesco & snow seems to of gotten very sleety,have things gone a bit marginal?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Is navan gonna get any of this snow..we got 10mins of it earlier and thats all:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

My Sky box won't pick up signal any more :( No TV :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lol@Cork on TV3

Dublin > Cork

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

I think it was just the initial burst - if its not raining here you can be sure it won't there!

Graupel here now - not the dry stuff of earlier but wetter stuff. No rain atm. But I think we are on the margins. Inland should be fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

MT's UPDATE _ Tuesday, 6 p.m.

The large-scale forecast remains valid ... here are some updated details.

The heavy snowfall ALERT remains in place for Dublin, Wicklow and parts of MEATH and is extended to significant snow in Kildare, Carlow, Wexford and possibly parts of Louth, Laois, Tipps, Kilkenny, Waterford. Further snowfall amounts now into Wednesday (and possibly Thursday in some cases) could easily double existing snowfalls, and bring additional 20-40 cms of snow to some parts of this region. For the counties being added to the alert, new amounts of 5-15 cms likely and 10-20 cms possible. Coverage may not be complete with gaps in the snowfall as it moves further inland. Some flurries may develop further inland and in parts of Ulster where 2-5 cms could fall in some eastern counties eventually.

Meanwhile, the southwest (mainly inland Kerry and west Cork) may continue to see a few more centimetres of snow but this area is slowly degrading and seems likely to pull out to sea (southeastward) fairly soon -- city of Cork may escape this snowfall -- but eventually there could be further activity from the eastern source spreading that way in the next 36 hours, amounts likely to be small.

Most other parts of the existing forecast still valid, my thoughts on Christmas Day and the two or three days afterwards have not really changed and I honestly don't think the models have that much of a handle on the situation yet, so I am reluctant to keep changing with them until I see better indications of a real trend. It makes sense to me that temperatures would rise at least slightly for 2-4 days some time between Christmas and New Years Eve then fall back in the new year with renewed blocking and the additional influence of very cold air masses moving west through northern Europe. The chances of a very significant thaw and even flooding have to be considered but I'm not ready to declare this "on" at this time.

Watch for further updates as required.

Huge delays coming out of Chapelizod due to vehicles getting stuck going up hill to take exit onto N4. Gardaí on scene.
    On 67 at base of the exit ramp waiting to go onto N4 with a van in front of us sliding back down the ramp.

My old man is in that traffic coming from Cabra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

carlmwan wrote: »
    Is navan gonna get any of this snow..we got 10mins of it earlier and thats all:mad:

Read MTs latest forecast watch the radars you will get an idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

in here , where is that big one over dubling heading , latest update from MT seems to suggest it will head threw south kil/tip/wat ????????? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

RTEs redional correspondents are fairly knocking out the cliches tonight.

'picture postcard'

'praying for a thaw'

etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

Is anyone in Wexford seeing snow yet?

What are our chances of more? I'm down near Duncannon/Hook Head. Will any snow clouds reach this far?

I dont really know how to read charts etc. so need someone to spell it out for me please.

hanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I measured it at eight inches here in Stillorgan, south Dublin (not all of that today.)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

But that van is a transit

What are they saying on RTE news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

SantryRed wrote: »
    My Sky box won't pick up signal any more :( No TV :(

Shake the snow of it if you can reach it...worked for me last time. I think the weight of snow on it pushes it out of allignment

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

met.ie 3 hour forecast

screenshot20101221at181.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

It wasnt actually raining it was very light snow in Palmerstown. Just about to loose the wheels of my car 1 or 2cm until I cant see them anymore :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,959 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Right okay since apparently someone deleted my last post. What do people think about cork city and county getting more snow tonight and tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement