Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

antodeco wrote: »
    Very very large chunks beginning to fall in Dublin 12. Start of the second batch starting now I reckon.

Already? :eek: Is there no f***ing let up to this at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowing like billyio in D4 , CC about to get hit.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

jolly wrote: »
    Latest 3 hour forecast from ME

screenshot20101221at184.png

Can you explain that map to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Evanne can warm me up anytime!!!!:p

really?,-8 here she'd be handy to have around if I ran out of fuel I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 L.perenne

I dunno but if it is heading the same direction as everything that has gone ahead of it today, we'll be seeing feet of snow here...

Here is what M.T. Cranium had to say about that...
    Snow in southwest seems likely to miss Cork and gradually pull out to sea from current areas affected.

Snow in east and southeast is set to continue and move slowly further inland to cover parts of inland southeast and even the southeast coast as far as Waterford and possibly Dunvargan. Amounts further west may be nowhere near as great as coastal Dublin and Wicklow but could start to accumulate several cms. Meath is likely to see some of this snowfall at least in the eastern half of the county, possibly parts of Louth eventually too.

This eastern snow is more than just a streamer event, I've analyzed it as an inverted trough leading to a meso-scale low east of Wicklow that is steady-state and being continually fed from the southeast as very cold air streams out of the Welsh highlands mainly at levels just above the surface. This is creating a large snow shield (not the kind that prevents snow, the kind that is made of snow) :D with sea-effect enhancement (essentially streamers on steroids). Total amounts could be double whatever you've had so far as we seem to be nearing the half-way point of the event. :eek:

Amounts will be highly variable place to place in this situation but it is quite possible for a further 20-40 cms to fall on top of what's already down in some places. Amounts for areas not yet covered at all might increase gradually to the 5-15 cms range. Forecast update will reflect all this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

@boardsies in Kilkenny, is it snowing in your area? Hearing reports of snow but i've got clear skies :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Its stopped again. Its going to be very heavy on and off for a little while then go very heavy, then light/disappear for a good bit. If the temps drop to what I reckon they will, we will all be screwed tomorrow!

EDIT: Back again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

still sleet in d18

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I have never seen snow like this in Naas, complete whiteout, nearly up to my knee when I went outside ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

ok, I dont understand these charts etc. But whats the big blob out in the atlantic where it says 1007????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

From Wales-Dublin it's a conveyor belt spinning anti-clockwise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Elmo5 wrote: »
    on course for Dublin I think unless the wind changes....?

....and this is how I feel about the Angelsey Snow Shadow thats arced over Bray since noon.

5281025826_145826ac48_z_d.jpg

A warm front has just come over me.....in the shape of Evanne!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

Gintonious wrote: »
    Would it be tied into the tank directly in the attic? or does there definitely have to be another small tank?
    most off them have their own tank but if ya cant find one their should be a one inch pipe feeding out of the main tank to your boiler if it is a pressure system it has non return valves on the system so no water can drain back a pressure system has a red pressure vesil it wont blow up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Insightful stuff on RTE right now...

Siobhan: 'That blue stuff on the map over Dublin is snow'

Sharon: 'yes Siobhan, of course Dublin is one of the more populated areas...'

Give me strength!:rolleyes:

Yeah Dublin gets snow news make an extended edition:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just checked outside snow depth measuring 10cm's here in Lucan since this morning

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

IWO recent forecast mirrors MT's.

Could be 2 feet in Dublin by Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Snow now falling again in kilkenny city. Heavier than a previous flurry

Keep us updated just a few miles up the hills outside town :)

dave1982 wrote: »

We rule. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Calibos wrote: »
    No, the snow just blocks the signal. Throw a football at the dish to knock the snow off.

Just back in from doing something similar using a dog toy. Managed to get it all off but wasn't too pleasant sticking my arm in to the deep snow around the shrubs to retrieve it each time. Back up to a decent signal strength again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 L.perenne

ok, I dont understand these charts etc. But whats the big blob out in the atlantic where it says 1007????

Which chart are you looking at... can you post a link?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Calibos wrote: »
    ....and this is how I feel about the Angelsey Snow Shadow thats arced over Bray since noon.

Ah you should be happy by 7:30

screenshot20101221at185.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'm sure next time Cork gets over a foot of snow widespread we will watch the same :pac::pac::pac:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Never seen such consistent snow. Just keeps going and going, alternating from moderate to really heavy.

The house across from me had a bit of an avalanche off their roof. Get to better appreciate the thickness of now.

Ah you should be happy by 7:30

screenshot20101221at185.png

:eek: We're gonna get HAMMERED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Seriously, people from Cork especially would want to fcuking get over themselves. Dublin is the biggest urban area in the country. A QUARTER of the whole population of this country lives here. Dublin is the most important place in Ireland whether you fcuking like it or not. Yes, if there is huge disruption to services in Dublin due to snow, well then they will talk about it more. As DUBLIN IS IMPORTANT. Fcuksake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Rain and only rain:( Oh well. Wind has picked up more aswell.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Seriously, people from Cork especially would want to fcuking get over themselves. Dublin is the biggest urban area in the country. A QUARTER of the whole population of this country lives here. Dublin is the most important place in Ireland whether you fcuking like it or not. Yes, if there is huge disruption to services in Dublin due to snow, well then they will talk about it more. As DUBLIN IS IMPORTANT. Fcuksake.

I think Corkonians have huge chips on their shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Its stopped again. Its going to be very heavy on and off for a little while then go very heavy, then light/disappear for a good bit. If the temps drop to what I reckon they will, we will all be screwed tomorrow!

EDIT: Back again!!
    yeah seems to be more showery antodeco rather than continuous snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 jimmay!

SantryRed wrote: »

This is exactly wats wrong with this country attitudes like you!! theres a whole other country outside of Dublin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement