Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

God I hate the way Ireland can be so tribal sometimes!! Can we get back to the weather! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

darkman2 wrote: »
    Rain and only rain:( Oh well. Wind has picked up more aswell.
    :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

still nothing here in south tipp....... this is crap..

completely given up on all this weather and snow crack now ..

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

I think Corkonians have huge chips on their shoulders.

they're just hatin' 'cause we got all the snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

Looks like RTÉ sadly managed to spell TREACHEROUS right today. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Siobhan stuttered and stammered her way to another Met Eireann backtrack there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

We could be in for a heatwave on Stephen's Day according to that weather forecast on RTE? +5 C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

jimmay! wrote: »
    This is exactly wats wrong with this country attitudes like you!! theres a whole other country outside of Dublin

I want to be an attitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

We could be in for a heatwave on Stephen's Day according to that weather forecast on RTE? +5 C.

€100 says they'll be showing at most 3 degrees tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I think Corkonians have huge chips on their shoulders.

No wonder we have no salt left, they use it to cover their huge chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Ya but this time yesterday the heatwave was going to be on Christmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

In Dublin, you serious? Dublin airport reporting -1c.

Ya but this time yesterday the heatwave was going to be on Christmas Eve.

Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Darkman I just drove through Malahide and it was graupel, not rain. Was snowing heavily in swords too. Far too cold to rain I imagine. Meant to get to about -5 this evening so reckon a few spits of rain will turn to snow. No mention of rain in any forecasts

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Just gone over the depth of snow we had the other week in D.16. It was an accumulation of three days worth that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

antodeco wrote: »
    Ah you should be happy by 7:30

screenshot20101221at185.png

That!! That tis but a cold sore on my lips Sir. I want a full facial Snow Rash!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Snow beer time ! :pac:

No real let up here at all, this is truly insane

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Radar has quietened the activity in the Irish sea for the time being by the looks of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Jesus christ, this kid just took loads of snow off my pillar, I feel like running after him and taking it back! :mad::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Darkman I just drove through Malahide and it was graupel, not rain. Was snowing heavily in swords too. Far too cold to rain I imagine. Meant to get to about -5 this evening so reckon a few spits of rain will turn to snow. No mention of rain in any forecasts

I was out in it - raindrops are on my window - it was raining here 10 minutes ago. It was snow/graupel earlier. It's all stopped now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

NIALL D wrote: »
    still nothing here in south tipp....... this is crap..

completely given up on all this weather and snow crack now ..

Nothing at all?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dry here in D4, waiting the next snowmaggedon :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

:eek::eek::eek:

Jaysus. I am at a seafront location too. Maybe I shouldn't be complaining about being under a precipitation gap after all!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Radar has quietened the activity in the Irish sea for the time being by the looks of things.

Thankfully;)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Ye im going to the beach :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭Archeron

Snowing heavily in Trim now, for the first time today. (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thereis a gap in the radar, i dont think Dublin is done yet though. Even if it is, there is more coming tomorrow night probably.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

SantryRed wrote: »
    Seriously, people from Cork especially would want to fcuking get over themselves. Dublin is the biggest urban area in the country. A QUARTER of the whole population of this country lives here. Dublin is the most important place in Ireland whether you fcuking like it or not. Yes, if there is huge disruption to services in Dublin due to snow, well then they will talk about it more. As DUBLIN IS IMPORTANT. Fcuksake.
    Quite true, of course a very cosmopolitan city also.
    Cork is of course the largest county in Ireland and, albeit being the 2nd largest city, we pride ourselves in being the most populated of Irish people. They dont rush here from longford, athlone, donegal etc etc.
    Oh no boy, we shop local and are the true city feens:D:D

My Mam is watchin the telly and its making weird noises??? I wonder if the weather is affecting the cables etc? Will the ****ing power go next?

EDIT: Satellite signal just went!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Supercell wrote: »
    The winds are NE so this is tracking a bit over the land before hitting the CC, it is all graupel and snow. There is no rain in the CC

Met eireann saying now it will hit kill and east munster so does that mean it will go inland and then back out to east coast??? i hope it hits waterford on its way ;)

pug407 wrote: »
    snowing in kilkenny

So its heading this way is it heavy in killkenny??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement