Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

My Mam is watchin the telly and making weird noises???

Yeww

I'm sorry I just had to!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 pug407

its on and off in kilkenny ,right on the edge of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Supercell wrote: »
    Thereis a gap in the radar, i dont think Dublin is done yet though. Even if it is, there is more coming tomorrow night probably.
    may help the temps drop

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Dry here in D4, waiting the next snowmaggedon :D

Gruplel falling here at my end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

nicely snowing away still in goatstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Quite true, of course a very cosmopolitan city also.
    Cork is of course the largest county in Ireland and, albeit being the 2nd largest city, we pride ourselves in being the most populated of Irish people. They dont rush here from longford, athlone, donegal etc etc.
    Oh no boy, we shop local and are the true city feens:D:D
    thanks to dublin we have a good transport system up here in the midlands which help's us get into the main city...would not be bothered going to cork nothing in it but horses and the only people who go shopping in cork wear plastic bags on their heads....luckily the surrounding towns of dublin are educated enough to know bags are for carrying food...sorry limerick,its corks fault...

what radar is everyone using?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pug407 wrote: »

www.raintoday.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

pug407 wrote: »

www.raintoday.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Why can I see some spectacular cloud structures to my north, anvils etc, while the radar insists there is nothing there!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Running the loop on http://sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop I think the snow arc is working its way southwards slowly.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Yeww

I'm sorry I just had to!

:D I meant it's making weird noises. Not her. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

no snow in this part of kilkenny, will just miss out going by the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Graupel and flakes here now on and off .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

so do you guys think dublin is done with snow for the night? or is more coming. south dublin?

thanks guys

wow!,gruplel what is this you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Running the loop on http://sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop I think the snow arc is working its way southwards slowly.

Ok again and now that i see this am i right in thinking its goin to pass over waterford at some stage??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Anyone been on the M1 N bound this evening? Looks like a hell of a dumping all the way to drogheda.

Meanwhile, looks like the very edge of this shower band is going to fall a few miles short of Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Jesus christ, this kid just took loads of snow off my pillar, I feel like running after him and taking it back! :mad::rolleyes:

I know i hate it when those little backstards run their hands along the walls and ruin the snowy goodness grrrr :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Thank fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The River Lee in cork had thin sheets of ice floating downstream today and down the estuary there are bigger sheets of ice forming in still water. Unreal! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

My Mam is watchin the telly and its making weird noises??? I wonder if the weather is affecting the cables etc? Will the ****ing power go next?

EDIT: Satellite signal just went!!
    Snow prob blocking the signal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Wertz wrote: »
    Anyone been on the M1 N bound this evening? Looks like a hell of a dumping all the way to drogheda.

Meanwhile, looks like the very edge of this shower band is going to fall a few miles short of Dundalk.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

carlmwan wrote: »
    Snow prob blocking the signal

Just came back, but it sounds like it just got off the Tardis!!!

SeaFields wrote: »
    The River Lee in cork had thin sheets of ice floating downstream today and down the estuary there are bigger sheets of ice forming in still water. Unreal! :eek:

yeah most of the time still water freezes especially in winter,flowing water.....not so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Throw a football at it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

SeaFields wrote: »

Where did you hear this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

It just keeps coming here in Dublin 14.:D I'd say i'll off work tomorrow also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

:D I meant it's making weird noises. Not her. :D

Clear the snow off the dish....with a football as suggested earlier.

Dont know what to do about mother's noises....maybe turn up volume when signal is back???? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement