Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

jimmay! wrote: »
    This is exactly wats wrong with this country attitudes like you!! theres a whole other country outside of Dublin

In fairness its not like the population of Dublin is 'making' RTE put the Dublin snow as the main news...no point complaining about it (I know it wasn't you, I mean the people who are) I'm sure if cork city got a foot of snow they would show similar.

Anyways, enough of all that. Its xmas...group hug :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

carlmwan wrote: »
    Snow prob blocking the signal
    Yep same here, you have to clear the snow of the dish, I find the best way is to hit the dish with a small spud..... I've had to do this twice this evening already!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

SeaFields wrote: »
    The River Lee in cork had thin sheets of ice floating downstream today and down the estuary there are bigger sheets of ice forming in still water. Unreal! :eek:
    I seen some sheets of ice on the river boyne today wasn't flowing very calm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Went to the door and snow was there.. I nodded at it, it nodded at me - it's only been 4 weeks in the area but feels like it's been here forever. Waiting for it to sign up for the local GAA team and take a seat on the parent's council in the local school. I might even see if it wants to join us for a few pints tomorrow.

Sound lad, Snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

Snow report for east clare - zero cm's
    cant believe you fuppers are getting that much snow. its like a different country.
    we must have our own winter climate down here. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

dublin airport temp up to 0c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    Usually a small tank that sits atop the main. Should be topped fully unless purposely drained.
    Gintonious wrote: »
    Would it be tied into the tank directly in the attic? or does there definitely have to be another small tank?

just had the same problem mine wasnt in the tank in the attice there was an additional valve on the boiler in the hot press which allowed the rads to be filled
    had to get a plumber in cause hadnt a clue that it didnt need a tank in the attic or sealed system what ever its called

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Chucking it down again in Crumlin, Dublin 12 :p

Just in from the yard.
    Spent a couple of crazy hours out there and the snow is knee deep now,it's gone very light now though.
    I'm 6'3 so ye can do the maths on the depth!
    A total wow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

delw wrote: »
    dublin airport temp up to 0c

Balmy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Clear the snow off the dish....with a football as suggested earlier.

Dont know what to do about mother's noises....maybe turn up volume when signal is back???? :)

A football can break the LMB bracket and then your in trouble (Know this the hard way), hitting the dish with a small spud is the best way.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

TV3 news are showing a 30 minute program on the snow disruption at 8.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Its pissing snow in Monasterevin on top of the already five to six inches of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Zxc

Anyone know what conditions are like in Kildare Town region?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is there any way to watch that online?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    Yesterday. Todays output was too far off track.

crefl1_143.A2010354113000-2010354113500.2km.jpg
    Snow report for east clare - zero cm's
    cant believe you fuppers are getting that much snow. its like a different country.
    we must have our own winter climate down here. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

look at that map! It's like we've left the underfloor heating on or something, ridiculous!! :mad: I'm sick of everyone going from loving the snow to moaning about it, and we've only gotten a splatter of flakes all event!!

NORTH1 wrote: »
    A football can break the LMB bracket and then your in trouble (Know this the hard way), hitting the dish with a small spud is the best way.

Will have to wait till someone else gets home!? I can't get down the step(wheelchair user), and my mother isn't in the best of health, so going out in that kind of cold is not advisable for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,622 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Anyone have the link for the Airport tower handy?

Slightly snowing here in D3, its nowhere near as bad as the stuff last week i think, the snow is quite thin when compressed, the last batch a few weeks ago was thicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Zxc wrote: »
    Anyone know what conditions are like in Kildare Town region?

i'm in newbridge - 5 miles away - its rough, lots and lots of snow. several inches have fallen since 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Where did you hear this??

Saw the ice on the Lee myself as I was crossing over the footbridge on Pope Quay about 6 o'clock. There was less when I got back five minutes ago - which is strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

have rain in Dublin 17...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Dublin 12 getting plastered again. Legend...wait for it................darrrrry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Temperature on the rise here, snow melting on lamp posts well away from the light.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Wind gusting here now. That will drive the temperature up more. A few miles inland should be ok though with the precip staying as snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Anyone know where o can get an accurate temperature for greystones? Any local station online? Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

would they be showing that if dublin hadnt been affected. no bloody way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Still snowing here, but weaker at the moment vs before.

These temp rises some are reporting - why now? Seems strange temps would start to rise after dark when the setup in the irish sea appears to have been pretty much unchanged since early afternoon.

Sky is still bright red/pink here in Dublin 20. Reckon we're gonna get dumped on again shortly.......?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

All these reports of rain are deeply disturbing. Hopefully it;s temporary. Meanwhile it's still snowing in Knocklyon. 10 inches now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement