Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Fairly chucking it down now here in Navan, same starting point as in Gotham city this morning so bodes well for this evening.
    With a bit of luck, will be snowed nicely in by morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Sky is still bright red/pink here in Dublin 20. Reckon we're gonna get dumped on again shortly.......?

nah man,im battling constepation at the mo,maybe later do..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Sky is still bright red/pink here in Dublin 20. Reckon we're gonna get dumped on again shortly.......?

i think its unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

about one foot of snow here since this time last night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

nah man,im battling constepation at the mo,maybe later do..

Take that to the AH thread. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Anybody around from ashbourne? Or anybody driven in or around it? I'm supposed to work there tomorrow :confused:

EDIT: Massive flakes in dublin 12 now...and I mean GINORMOUS!!!! Looks very pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Snow has been falling persistenly throughout the day near Aughrim, Co. Wicklow. Several inches of snow in last 2 hrs. Where I had previously cleared snow its a fresh blanket of deep stuff. Not amused. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

snow coming down heavy in trim now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Will have to wait till someone else gets home!? I can't get down the step(wheelchair user), and my mother isn't in the best of health, so going out in that kind of cold is not advisable for her.

People this time of year I'm finding very helpful and neighborly, put a call out I'm sure you will find someone to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Where did you hear this??

I saw it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Supercell wrote: »
    Temperature on the rise here, snow melting on lamp posts well away from the light.
    yeah can hear the drip drip :(
    what causing the rise,a warm sector?

edit:just seen DM2 post about wind raiseing temps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

Stopped snowing near Dublin Airport... wind has picked up slightly..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    I have never seen snow like this in Naas, complete whiteout, nearly up to my knee when I went outside ! :eek:

Its bloody brilliant , I have cleared the drive way 5 times today and put salt down everytime , and when I come out there is another 2-3 inches there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

What causes streamers..?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

still snowing here in Dublin 15:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is there any way to watch that online?

TV3.ie there is a watch live link on there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The only reason for rain on the coast is that the wind has picked up meaning it's pulling warmer air in quicker off the sea. Before it was almost calm conditions, less momentum, we stayed below freezing. We are over 1c here now and with the wind effectively a thaw has already started. Won't last long though - the winds will die down later tonight and switch more Northerly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Temperature rising in Donabate. +0.6 now. That's a rise of 0.3 in about an hour. It's just stopped raining and looks as though there is a slight thaw happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Its bloody brilliant , I have cleared the drive way 5 times today and put salt down everytime , and when I come out there is another 2-3 inches there

I know how you feel. If there is a god you can stop laughing down at us.

darkman2 wrote: »
    The only reason for rain on the coast is that the wind has picked up meaning it's pulling warmer air in quicker off the sea. Before it was almost calm conditions, less momentum, we stayed below freezing. We are over 1c here now and with the wind effectively a thaw has already started. Won't last long though - the winds will die down later tonight and switch more Northerly again.

Sez who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

googsy wrote: »
    Stopped snowing near Dublin Airport... wind has picked up slightly..

jeez, i hope to god this stays that way or gets better. im getting married sunday and supposed to fly via paris on thursday.

im so worried it aint funny. its not looking good at the minute. tomorrow im ringing air france and begging, begging like ive never begged before.

iiiii.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Jimjay wrote: »
    Anyone know where o can get an accurate temperature for greystones? Any local station online? Ta

Not sure where you'll find Greystones temps, but this is very good for showing what's happening in Bray : http://www.brayweather.com/Current_Vantage_Pro.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Here's the temperatures here over the past 36 hours. Mains water frozen as was attic tank for a while.

temp2021122010.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Sez who?

18-602.GIF?21-12

Compared to now....

6-602.GIF?21-12

Spipov wrote: »
    jeez, i hope to god this stays that way or gets better. im getting married sunday and supposed to fly via paris on thursday.

im so worried it aint funny. its not looking good at the minute. tomorrow im ringing air france and begging, begging like ive never begged before.

iiiii.

Ah crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Guys and gals,

Can the experts here advise on whether they think Dublin Airport will reopen for business tomorrow or are they likely to get dumped on by that band coming across Wales?

My dad has been travelling home from Riyadh since Sunday and is currently in Manchester trying to get back here. Is he better off heading to Holyhead tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I presume since -6 is forecast for Dublin tonight on met eireann website that it rules out any rain. Have to say I didn't see rain mentioned on any websites.

darkman2 wrote: »
    18-602.GIF?21-12

Compared to now....

6-602.GIF?21-12

I can't make anything out on that map????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It would appear there is a thaw on outside, quite steady, some rain has been falling also.

I notice temperatures are now at 1.0c/ 0.7c

Not condusive to snowfall.

Disappointing, but it is very much the case when things are going too good, unexpected things like marginality come into the mix.

To think at 12am it -5c and snowing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Second time today I've had to change my flight home. :( Hoping I get home on Thursday now, how is the weather looking for then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement