Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

snaps wrote: »
    You in Westport? All the showers seem to be going around me.

Yeah, just stopped again but it will be back!

I thought the Mountains North of Clew bay were stealing all of my stuff.

You'll probably get some soon snaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

5C and damp here in Limerick City about 15 minutes ago.

If it freezes on this tonight, we're plucked!!

And just to mention that Daughter No 1 came home from Cork this afternoon. Traffic was manic and there was rain but no snow :D:D

Where's that snow ghost? Graupel in Bofeenaun (butt of Neiphin) 20 mins ago - very cold .... working tonight in Castlebar! Fun Fun!!

Westport chelseavera - could be a long night!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Snowing 16 miles west of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

We had an appetizer @14:10, just wait 'till the main course arrives. :D

Ya I got all excited then but sure it stopped after about 5min.

Do you think the 'real thing' will happen soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

where in cork... 16 miles north or west

oops just saw the west... got excited when i saw cork... been lurking for a while here.

noah45 wrote: »
    Ya I got all excited then but sure it stopped after about 5min.

Do you think the 'real thing' will happen soon?

According to the maps on netweather, we can expect it Saturday morning!

edit: make that Friday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Brenireland:
    Have you been at the radar??

139723.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

eastbono wrote: »

oops just saw the west... got excited when i saw cork... been lurking for a while here.

West between Ballincollig and Macroom just a shower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

These threads are a joke now, there's 3 different threads on the go now and all 3 have "Chit Chat"...Wait until the snow really starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobby14

heavy enough snow in letterkenny now, considering it's going to lie. hard to see past the christmas tree to see what's happening out there!

These threads are a joke now, there's 3 different threads on the go now and all 3 have "Chit Chat"...Wait until the snow really starts!

bring it on ive been looking at these threads for a couple of weeks and have really enjoyed them.... i love the childlike enthusiasm and pleasure so called "grown up" get from snow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobby14

and just like that, it's stopped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Little flurry in Dundalk a few minutes ago. Looks like good snow falling in Leverkusen. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

In keeping with the Cork line of thinking.

I have a part asian friend from Cork who likes to confuse things in race conversations.

She describes herself as Cork-Asian.

bring it on ive been looking at these threads for a couple of weeks and have really enjoyed them.... i love the childlike enthusiasm and pleasure so called "grown up" get from snow:)

Ya dont get me wrong, I really enjoy the banter and Chit Chat also but when a thread is for Model and Chart discussion only and people start asking if it will snow in their back garden on Dec 21st, etc...I think some people dont actually read the threads, they just think they can ask a question and get it answered there and then. Rant over, now bring on the snow!

Ya dont get me wrong, I really enjoy the banter and Chit Chat also but when a thread is for Model and Chart discussion only and people start asking if it will snow in their back garden on Dec 21st, etc...I think some people dont actually read the threads, they just think they can ask a question and get it answered there and then. Rant over, now bring on the snow!

Oi. This thread is the Chit Chat one. Its even put in them brackety things.

PS - No snow in Limerick. If anything its actually warming up.

OMG...snowmageddon in Castlebar...Huge flakes and swirling!:eek:

OMG...snowmageddon in Castlebar...Huge flakes and swirling!:eek:

*shakes fist*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

The chart discussion thread has very little "idle" chit chat going on.
    There will always be a small bit, but it doesn't seem too excessive (for the moment).

I thought this one says general chat...nothign about models and charts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Heavy now, probably won't lie though.

EDIT: It actually is sticking surprisingly, road is already covered after a little over 5 minutes of it. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Has now started snowing in castletown, small flakes floating straight down:D

Castlebar...Huge flakes and swirling!:eek:

Same here Vizual! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

snow ghost wrote: »
    Same here Vizual! :)

That's what it looks like on the claremorris cam

http://www.irishtrivia.com/clarecam.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Snowing for the last hour or so. not really heavy, but is sticking mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

well today has really been a non event, few heavy showers that melted 10 mns after it stopped,
    temps have dropped to about -4 now,

I do hope that friday is a better day,
    but i feel the stuff is going to miss us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

bobby14 wrote: »
    and just like that, it's stopped

Thats the problem with the strong wind, the showers are only lasting 5 minutes at a time. 2 weeks ago we had a lot less frequent showers but they lasted 15-20 minutes so gave a much better covering.

Still plenty of time for some better stuff but at the moment its not snowing for long enough to give a decent accumulation

On that note, its snowing heavily yet again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

When will the snow ever arrive in Strokestown / Longford waiting is not my forte

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement