Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

No offence mate but I'm not from either Cork or Dublin and I would much rather hear about the farmers not being able to feed the sheep than hearing about a jack knifed lorry and some people asleep in a shopping centre!! Like how is that any more interesting.......

Unfortunately for you it affects alot more people if a truck jack knifes on the M50, nothing to do with Dublin bias, just ,ore people want to know tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭buttonsflyie

Ok Its coming down in bucketfuls in Ratoath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    What shopping centre were people sleeping in??

Hold on, wexford was literally a total standstill today, nobody moving, i had to walk for an hour to get out of town for a lift. 10 miles in 5 hours, atleast its moving at all up there! Didnt see a special new report about wexford today tho!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Only catching up now, when I saw 50 pages of posts knew it was snowmageddon in Dublin!

You're all only playing catch up with us in the NW! :p Behind the times.

Anyway, to Top Gear.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

It's been snowing all day in Ballymun, I'm dreading my trip home in an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lashing rain here now in D4, going to refreeze later, a mess

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Ok Its coming down in bucketfuls in Ratoath.

How much snow on the ground there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

No offence but wexford is a tiny town not a major international city like Dublin with a two terminal airport and thousands of people stranded for nearly two days now. Get a grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Cicero wrote: »
    For those of you stuck at home with nothing to do coz ure snowed in.....eh....Top Gear has just started on BBC2...:p

Still snowing in North Kildare....

Are they doing a special on four wheel drives :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Hi all, we had a thread before where people with suitable transport / skills offered their services free of charge to people in need of help. Coming up to Christmas i'm sure lots of people are starting to panic about getting enough supplies in. Can a mod start this up again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    However nearly half of the population is in the Greater Dublin area
    Not getting involved in a slagging match, just want to ask why do people keep saying this??
    According to the 2006 census the pop of Co Dublin is 1,187,176.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Dad is still stuck in traffic in Chapelizod as of 10 mins ago. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That thaw will be coastal yeah not say 20 miles inland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Not getting involved in a slagging match, just want to ask why do people keep saying this??

Pedantic Pat has arrived on the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Could argue ( as much as they don't like it ) that Meath, Kildare, Louth and Wicklow are all part of Greater Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Sudden burst of snow here after a wee bit of quiet. Very 'swirly' in the wind. Hope it doesn't turn to rain :|

As I type it seems to have stopped. Literally blew by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

cant belive thaw is on,was just out to check&wind,rain,water rushin down pipes,oh what could of been,gutted :(

Hi picky micky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Who gives a flying fúck about Dublin vs the rest of the country. Actually the only people that seem to care are those who don't live in Dublin. And don't most non Dubs know that a shít load of the people that make up Dublin aren't actually from there. So your neighbor from Ballybogthearseofnowhere that's up here studying fertilzer in UCD is probably the person that you're pissed off at when he asks "will it snow in Belfield?".

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

massive flakes in d7 biggest yet!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

shallow and padantic

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

I just hope everyone spares a thought for all those who might be adversely affected by this inclement weather, particularly the elderly.

There's an old dear who lives up the road from me. She's a charming lady - but she has no family and all her friends are dead.

I'll look in on her tonight and make sure she's warm and fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

just back in from a walk around the south circular road area d8...oh gang it is epic! Hard to tell makes of cars and road so so quiet...still coming down in more graupelly fashion...

cars sliding back down the hill approaching IMMA and drivers completely ignoring red lights...

hubbie gone out now wearing my snowboots!! please don't be talking about this melting just yet....:(

SantryRed wrote: »
    Could argue ( as much as they don't like it ) that Meath, Kildare, Louth and Wicklow are all part of Greater Dublin.

Thats fightin talk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

No offence but wexford is a tiny town not a major international city like Dublin with a two terminal airport and thousands of people stranded for nearly two days now. Get a grip.

Yea but there was thousands of people stranded for the whole day, that was my point!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Still lashing here, since 4pm yesterday we have had about a 10 minute break, now measuring 24 inches outside in centre of road, with 37 cars abandoned on hill since yesterday, 2 foot of snow and still falling with more to come is going to cause serious difficulties for xmas around here. Question for you car experts.

Snow is above wheels and ledges on door, snow is 8 inches up the side of doors all way around car and nearly level with the boot. Will this damage the interior of cars?? Some nice cars abandoned around me and if there is potential damage i could clear snow from around doors and seals for the time being.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭buttonsflyie

Not wrote: »
    How much snow on the ground there ?

At least 4" at last look.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Just in case people think I am anti-Cork, I am not. In fact this craic is starting to bore me now. However nearly half of the population is in the Greater Dublin area and the snowfall is massive and I mean massive. French mate of mine just home from London and said what is in Heathrow is nothing to what is in Ballycoolin (west Dublin where he works) and Firhouse, near tallaght, where he lives and London got a good whack as well. When big cities are brought to ther knees expect a lot of coverage because so many people are affected. Once again the snow depth is awesome in some parts of Dublin and Wicklow.
    Think you were proven wrong there several times over, but anyway you seem to disagree.:rolleyes:
    Look, whatever about farmers, i am more concerned about people's welfare. I know there are people that have been stuck in their houses since Friday. Gas pipes frozen and many areas without water down here, would it have killed RTE to have spent 5 mins reporting on life threatening issues rather than a broken down truck? :confused:
    This isin't a tribal thing either, i realise the situation is bad in Dublin, but i also realise the situation is much worse in many other parts of the country, i.e. Donegal. Look, i will stop ranting, but i don't think its acceptable to accuse people of having issues because their county didn't get mentioned when the county is under snow too.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Hi all, we had a thread before where people with suitable transport / skills offered their services free of charge to people in need of help. Coming up to Christmas i'm sure lots of people are starting to panic about getting enough supplies in. Can a mod start this up again?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055791493

PM a mod of the forum and get this sorted. Good idea :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Thaw? What thaw? -5.9 here :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement