Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Looks like in for a very interesting night. Expected radar for around 11pm. Very large front moving westwards!

screenshot20101221at202.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Still 0 at Dublin airport and -2 at Casement..same as at 7.00..thaw??I would be shocked..once the cloud clears it will drop like a stone again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Yes that was me! Do you think the 103 will be going in the morning? I really don't wanna drive.

From recent experience, it seems to go from about 6.30am but keep your eye on www.buseireann.ie just in case. It stops in the evenings but is always running first thing usually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Starting to snow again, light enough, temp has now dropped to -8.1c. TBH it is next to unbelievable that there is a thaw on 100 odd km up the coast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Thaw in Dublin 13, rain is beginning to wash snow off cars - woohoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Steady snow in greystones, no hail or rain, right by the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Antodeco is that blob after going through KK or did it skip it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Its coming down the heaviest all day now in Dublin 15.
    I had to clear the snow off the dish 20 minutes ago and the LNB is nearly covered over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

antodeco wrote: »
    Looks like in for a very interesting night. Expected radar for around 11pm. Very large front moving westwards!

screenshot20101221at202.png

noooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,622 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Can see clear skies over the docks from D3, hopefully thats the end of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Jake1 wrote: »
    It did? hmm, luckily for me, we fresh outta tennis balls.. hehehe!!!

It's nearly xmas, lob a few sprouts at it LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Spipov wrote: »
    noooooooooooooooooo

That front was over Liverpool a couple of hours ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

tv3 Snow Crisis Special has just started.

this should be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Make sure you do ste, I brought a man from up the hill down to mine the last snowfall, get the feeling he might not of made it if i didn't pop in, i actually thought the house was abandoned. Few newspapers contacted me after they read it here. Tom is back in his house, lots of oil and food and plugging away, great man for someone in his 90's. I gave him a bed that night and now he comes down in his tractor most days to see my family, brings duck eggs and all sorts from the fields(don't ask). His daughter rings all the time too, really nice genuine folk.

Fair play!,one sound person yeah are!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snow will be mostly gone by morning at this rate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Sky keeps going all night here, satellite is snowed up :)

The other half is going nuts without his SKY PLus :)

Started snowing heavy again

Had to go out on roof and clean off snow from the dish.

Hopefully it keeps it going for a while.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

From recent experience, it seems to go from about 6.30am but keep your eye on www.buseireann.ie just in case. It stops in the evenings but is always running first thing usually!

Yeah I work there occasionaly and always get the 10 past 8 bus. Don't mind if its delayed but if its cancelled I'm screwed. Plus if I get it in I'll have to get it home and god knows what the weather will be like tomorrow :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

anyone want to hazard whether I'll get out from the airport tomorrow? flight @ 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

There is an ever so slight thaw on here in Wicklow - but it's probably about +1 at most - so it's going to take some thaw to put a dent in what's lying around here... Still - it's a start! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

a clearance now would help the coast cool down a little before the next wave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Very very slight thaw D15,but trying to snow again,snow patches falling from some cars and trees for last while,windier too:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

9 inchesblying in d15 north now ... And still coming down .... I need to be in ballymount at 8 am !

gar120 wrote: »
    tv3 Snow Crisis Special has just started.

this should be interesting!

No it won't. Unless you like crappy tabloid journalism!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

uberwolf wrote: »
    anyone want to hazard whether I'll get out from the airport tomorrow? flight @ 11

Hard to say. Airport (DUB) is closed til 0800h so at best I'd imagine there will be serious delays - without taking any further bad weather into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Sky keeps going all night here, satellite is snowed up :)

The other half is going nuts without his SKY PLus :)

Started snowing heavy again

Must be a problem with your dish or reciever, 2 foot of snow here and sky plus and hd is working a treat.

uberwolf wrote: »

Airport is closed till 8am I think? Doubt you will.................?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Can any one tell me what's going on with the Irish Sea now?
    is it sending more our way?

and will it have any chance of hitting Kilkenny like M.T said? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

there just seems to be a non stop supply of precip pumping out of the Cheltenham area....unreal

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

100% correct and totally agree, RTE will never change though. Hopefully anybody that is stuck is getting help, community spirit is fantastic at these times all over this land.
    Is there any fresh snowfall in Cork and is it badly affected?

The depth of the snow in Dublin West is mind boggling..pictures posted tomorrow. There is easily over 26 cms in places here in Castleknock and Blanchardstown and probably more ir Firhouse/Tallaght/Sandyford. Get over it. and yes it is still snowing here in D. 15...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    No offence but wexford is a tiny town not a major international city like Dublin with a two terminal airport and thousands of people stranded for nearly two days now. Get a grip.
    yas all new it was comming no use moning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement