Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

hawkwing wrote: »
    Very very slight thaw D15,but trying to snow again,snow patches falling from some cars and trees for last while,windier too:confused:

:confused: belting down here no thaw is sight,

wind just blowing the snow off the branches

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

peabutler wrote: »
    Antodeco is that blob after going through KK or did it skip it ??

Pretty much skims the north. Doesn't like you'll get anything significant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

uberwolf wrote: »
    anyone want to hazard whether I'll get out from the airport tomorrow? flight @ 11

The airport will need about 5 hours without snow to clear the runways etc. It also needs it now to get to cold tonight as a slight thaw followed by freezing weather will make it harder.

Check radar at 6 am and you should have a fair idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Fair play!,one sound person yeah are!

Bren here is the original post about Tom Murphy up the hill from me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69348346#post69348346

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

antodeco wrote: »
    Pretty much skims the north. Doesn't like you'll get anything significant

Ah well, there is always some small irrational hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

inabina wrote: »
    there just seems to be a non stop supply of precip pumping out of the Cheltenham area....unreal

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Its like someone built a great big snow machine across the water and aimed it over here. I was going to try and photoshop in a snow machine on one of the radars but alas my photoshop skills are useless :P

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered 50 times already but it's hard to keep up with the thread...

Temperatures of +2 along the coast now - this is massively unexpected (or maybe not) - what's the laymans terms for the elevation in temperature?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Slight thaw on here in Lusk Co Dublin.
    We had a bit of rain earlier on but the sky is clearing now and wind seems to have dropped a bit so hopefully that is the end of the thaw :D
    Not to sure whether the next front will make it this far north later tonight :mad:
    Took this pic about 4 o clock today of a lovely thatched cottage :)

Image0112.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

opr wrote: »
    Its like someone built a great big snow machine across the water and aimed it over here. I was going to try and photoshop in a snow machine on one of the radars but alas my photoshop skills are useless :P

Opr

PMSL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Bren here is the original post about Tom Murphy up the hill from me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69348346#post69348346

Great job - fair play to you. Youre a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Supposedly lashing rain in Bettystown :) (according to my sis)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Is there more snow due for Dublin north central? :)

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered 50 times already but it's hard to keep up with the thread...

Temperatures of +2 along the coast now - this is massively unexpected (or maybe not) - what's the laymans terms for the elevation in temperature?

Thaw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Opr

I have my doubts it will make it here, or if it does it will hit Wickla.

Seems it is a increase in wind speed. Expected to ease during the night with temp dropping.

Also temp increase is only close to the coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

No it won't. Unless you like crappy tabloid journalism!?

Yes I do actually

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

antodeco wrote: »
    Looks like in for a very interesting night. Expected radar for around 11pm. Very large front moving westwards!

screenshot20101221at202.png

FFS. This is typical. I curse being under the gap all day and pray for an almighty streamer to track over Bray.

Then I hear of rain all along the coastal margins on the east coast (DP almost gone positive on Trogdors site) and pray that I stay under the gap and away from streamers instead so I can keep my lying snow.

What do I now find. Now, the weather gods decide to put Bray under the Bullseye of the strongest precipitation stream of the whole day and night. F**king typical.

Its radar,wind, temp and DP watching for the night. Praying that the winds slacken and my DP drops a safe margin below freezing before the motherload of preipitaion arrives over bray.

This next streamer could be a bonanza of snow for bray or an absolute disaster!!

gar120 wrote: »
    Yes I do actually

Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Why is Dundalk not getting any snow :confused: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Thaw

:rolleyes:
    Seems it is a increase in wind speed. Expected to ease during the night with temp dropping.

Also temp increase is only close to the coast.

Thanks - seems fair - since the coastal areas have probably done the best out of it thus far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Opr

Done :D

140361.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

How far from the coast is considered coastal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

What's the level of snow in Drogheda like?

Thanks - seems fair - since the coastal areas have probably done the best out of it thus far!

You said the word "layman" so I took from that that you didn't really understand what was going on and wanted a simple answer?? Apologies if I offended you.

Not sure if Weather systems work on a "fairness" basis but i know what you mean. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

Fair enough

I think the snow is giving you brain freeze Mick :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Rougies wrote: »
    Done :D

140361.jpg

pure class!!

gar120 wrote: »
    I think the snow is giving you brain freeze Mick :cool::cool:

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

What are the chances of my son getting his flight from Birmingham to Dublin on Thursday evening. I am worried sick at this stage :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement