Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Bren here is the original post about Tom Murphy up the hill from me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69348346#post69348346

that is brilliant,people like yourself are true true legends!,and people like you are the real people who should be looked up to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

Why is Dundalk not getting any snow :confused: :mad:
    I'm in Drogheda and it snowed heavy alot today but a few miles out the road in Dunleer not a flake fell

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Grupel now falling here in D4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Calibos wrote: »
    FFS. This is typical. I curse being under the gap all day and pray for an almighty streamer to track over Bray.

Then I hear of rain all along the coastal margins on the east coast (DP almost gone positive on Trogdors site) and pray that I stay under the gap and away from streamers instead so I can keep my lying snow.

What do I now find. Now, the weather gods decide to put Bray under the Bullseye of the strongest precipitation stream of the whole day and night. F**king typical.

Its radar,wind, temp and DP watching for the night. Praying that the winds slacken and my DP drops a safe margin below freezing before the motherload of preipitaion arrives over bray.

This next streamer could be a bonanza of snow for bray or an absolute disaster!!

I have noticed that too, I'm up at the top of Killarney Road so probably half a degree colder than the seafront, according to Trogdors site is 0.3 / -0.5, isnt that ok for snow? Also dont temps and DP lower during heavy precipitation?

Just noticed it's raining here now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

snowed here from 9 till 11ish this morning and not 1 flake since :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

You said the word "layman" so I took from that that you didn't really understand what was going on and wanted a simple answer?? Apologies if I offended you.

No no - was a funny answer (well I thought it was) and was just raging I was at the recieving end is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well the moderate rain has washed around 2 inches off the snow and turned it to slush. The sound of rain hitting the window aint nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Just measured the top of our bins, 11 inches so far today....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Is transport from Drogheda to Dublin running ok? Buses trains etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CuteOne

lynp27 wrote: »

Has hardly stopped here in Gorey. Unreal how short distances can make huge differences in this kind of setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

lynp27 wrote: »
    well i had snow a half ahour ago in enniscorthy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Big thaw on in donaghmede......pits and holes starting to form in the grass....
    Twas good while it lasted..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

3 and a half hours on a bus- Pearse Street to...the sliproad from Chapelizod to Palmerstown. Had to get off and walk back to a relation's in Chapelizod. Sliproad was unbelievable- loads of people pushing cars, a 67 sliding a few metres sidways- followed by the second 67 almost hitting it...a car passing out others by going up the grass verge and getting stuck! Insane stuff:eek: No major gaps in snow in town or home in Leixlip. Still love snow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

jos28 wrote: »
    What are the chances of my son getting his flight from Birmingham to Dublin on Thursday evening. I am worried sick at this stage :(

Tell him to get the boat seriously, purchase ticket now. I travelled home from London Sunday morning after a match i was going to see got called off, was due to fly from heathrow, went to victoria got train to holyhead, home in Dublin at 5pm, people who refused to go this way are still on the floor at heathrow. Use your head and its no problem really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Well the moderate rain has washed around 2 inches off the snow and turned it to slush. The sound of rain hitting the window aint nice!
    Send the rain out to Dublin Airport please so that flights can land and people can get home for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

Derfil wrote: »
    Is transport from Drogheda to Dublin running ok? Buses trains etc?
    Its cancelled for the evening see http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=924&month=Dec
    Trains ok some delays

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

3 and a half hours on a bus- Pearse Street to...the sliproad from Chapelizod to Palmerstown. Had to get off and walk back to a relation's in Chapelizod. Sliproad was unbelievable- loads of people pushing cars, a 67 sliding a few metres sidways- followed by the second 67 almost hitting it...a car passing out others by going up the grass verge and getting stuck! Insane stuff:eek: No major gaps in snow in town or home in Leixlip. Still love snow!!

My old man is stuck in that traffic. He still isn't home yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

This snow has thrown my sense of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

proper light snow now falling

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Met Éireann 3 hour shows some precipitation for the Dublin/Leinster coastal region.

3hrrain.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Tell him to get the boat seriously, purchase ticket now. I travelled home from London Sunday morning after a match i was going to see got called off, was due to fly from heathrow, went to victoria got train to holyhead, home in Dublin at 5pm, people who refused to go this way are still on the floor at heathrow. Use your head and its no problem really.
    Cheers, I actually booked a ferry ticket for him yesterday (just in case). Looks like he might need it. I didn't book a train ticket though, I presume that won't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Eleven and a half inches in D.16 so far. No rain yet but I think there's a slight thaw on unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I have noticed that too, I'm up at the top of Killarney Road so probably half a degree colder than the seafront, according to Trogdors site is 0.3 / -0.5, isnt that ok for snow? Also dont temps and DP lower during heavy precipitation?

Just noticed it's raining here now! :(

Well a good sign is the DP is dropping back albeit slowly in the last 45minutes from a high of -0.3ºC to -0.6ºC. Trogdors site at the harbour is still showing a slack north westerly surface wind maybe holding back the maritime air a bit or it could simply be the easterly winds are that little bit slower this little bit south of Dublin meaning lass of an increase in temps.

Knife edge stuff though. All fingers and toes crossed!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

[QUOTE=Quiet you;69681376]Eleven and a half inches in D.16 so far. No rain yet but I think there's a slight thaw on unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

jimmy.d wrote: »
    well i had snow a half ahour ago in enniscorthy
    must be on its way to me then yeah, havent seen 1 flake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Still bucketing down !

Temperature
    -2.0°C
    Humidity
    92%
    Dewpoint
    -3.1°C

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

crosstownk wrote: »
    Met Éireann 3 hour shows some precipitation for the Dublin/Leinster coastal region.

3hrrain.gif

I wish that poxy snowcloud would get away from the east coast. It's ridiculous at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Headed up to Tesco in Lucan to load up on provisions (beer and wine) .... and a bit of food too for the party we're supposedly having on Christmas Eve.

Went from Willsbrook area to Tesco via the N4 and turned off just before the Spa Hotel. N4 was down to two makeshift lanes but traffic was making good progress.
    Millstream Road was where we hit problems because a car was stuck near the top and everyone decided it was a good idea to stop right behind him and form an orderly queue. As a result they all got stuck.

A hardy soul from a nearby house and myself rolled up our sleeves and got the cars moving again and spent a few more minutes standing there making sure everyone got up the hill. For anyone who lives in Lucan, you can probably imagine how bad it was.
    Anyway, stocked up in Tesco and came back down the hill and through the village to go home. It wasn't too bad bar one idiot who was absolutely crawling along and looked like they'd get stuck a few times because they were going so slowly.

Time to batten down the hatches and crack open a beer. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Very important news!!!

Dumb and dumber is starting now on TV3 :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

just after driving from Dundalk to Dublin cc there it's a whiteout everywhere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement