Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

My old man is stuck in that traffic. He still isn't home yet!!!

Better off walking it's that bad! Can only get worse..there was 8 busses on that sliproad including mine....and about 7 behind waiting to get on. Apparently there was 16 busses going nowhere on the bypass above us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

This was taken at 1pm today. It's actually a steep hill down to the road but at the moment it's way to soft for decent sledding.....we had fun trying though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dubhillbilly

No sign of a thaw here whatsoever in D20... -2 and falling. Portmarnock seems to be the only place with a heatwave;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Brian cowen and Brian lenihan
    TV3 NOW !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

snow/sleeting here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Good sign from bray. Moderately heavy flakey snow. Lookin like about 15 minutes worth going on Raintoday.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

jos28 wrote: »
    Cheers, I actually booked a ferry ticket for him yesterday (just in case). Looks like he might need it. I didn't book a train ticket though, I presume that won't be a problem.

Jos i'd book one just incase and if weather is still bad rather than take chances tell him to forget flight and head for the boat.

Flight = 50/50

Boat 100% home for Christmas with the family

Jos28 = very happy mammy and daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

argosy2006 wrote: »
    TV3 NOW !!

Why spoil a good day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

argosy2006 wrote: »
    TV3 NOW !!

^ I see what you did there! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Just stuck measuring tape in the snow 6" inches in Newbridge.
    snowing again now - no sign of a thaw at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Calibos wrote: »
    Good sign from bray. Moderately heavy flakey snow. Lookin like about 15 minutes worth going on Raintoday.

I want the snow to **** off NOW! It's not funny anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

The temps @ the weather station in Ashford are going south again. :D COME ON!! http://www.wicklowweather.com/eight.htm#6 hour graph

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Rain turned to snow here in Bray too.. hopefully that will continue!

See ya later...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Snowing in Santry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Is it me or is the system moving off Wales right now looking bigger than what we have had so far? :O

Also... I am a very disappointed man, still no sign of snow in Kilkenny :(
    Only the very light dusting we got a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Jos i'd book one just incase and if weather is still bad rather than take chances tell him to forget flight and head for the boat.

Flight = 50/50

Boat 100% home for Christmas with the family

Jos28 = very happy mammy and daddy.
    Methinks I will take your advice and book the ticket. I don't want to = an unhappy Mammy. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

lynp27 wrote: »
    snowed here from 9 till 11ish this morning and not 1 flake since :mad:

i am in camolin and we have about 5 inches it has been snowing on and off all evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

It was thawing....but seems to be snowing again......:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

-2.0c in Waterford City, no snow really since the cold snap started. Maybe a shower later but not holding out much hope.

More Detail and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement

See ya later...

My father who is in his 60s is still stuck out there. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

But I thought you loved the snow??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Graupel coming down here now.

gar120 wrote: »
    But I thought you loved the snow??

Nice to look at, yes. Not nice when one of your relatives(father)spends over 4 hours in it trying to get home, and still hasn't arrived yet!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

update
    graupel/snow,cars takeing a covering,tracks on road covered over as well,maybe all is not lost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Post in the "I can help you" thread if you have the driving skills and a bit of spare time.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056125853

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

-2.0c in Waterford City, no snow really since the cold snap started. Maybe a shower later but not holding out much hope.

More Detail and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Seems to be clouding in now, temp slightly risen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

My 78 year old dad went for a swim in the 40 foot yesterday.....I bloody well hope the mad man didn't go again today:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

My father who is in his 60s is still stuck out there. :(

maybe you can still like snow,if it snowed warm snow and melted the cold snow...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

D14. No thaw that I can make out. I get icicles on my gutters and they're a good thermometer for this stuff, slightest thaw and they drip and the ones on my conservatory back door which drip the first are still solid. Now wind and tiny(1mm) graupel lightly falling, almost like a mist, but still falling.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement