Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

My father who is in his 60s is still stuck out there. :(

Just shows the importance of a mobile phone. My father was a total Luddite but now has one. Might be a wake up call. Hope he gets home safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

maybe you can still like snow,if it snowed warm snow and melted the cold snow...

Your "humour" is not helping. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Wibbs wrote: »
    D14. No thaw that I can make out. I get icicles on my gutters and they're a good thermometer for this stuff, slightest thaw and they drip and the ones on my conservatory back door which drip the first are still solid. Now wind and tiny(1mm) graupel lightly falling, almost like a mist, but still falling.

icicles are caused by freeze/thaw action so yeah good point very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

jos28 wrote: »
    Methinks I will take your advice and book the ticket. I don't want to = an unhappy Mammy. Thanks

Yeh ,if I were you I'd book the ticket. My kids flight was cancelled to birmingham on saturday and we were going to rebook for monday or today but decided to get the ferry yesterday instead . I'm so glad we did or they'd still be stuck now . The ferry and train are longer , but at least you'll get there , just do it , I have lots of times, it's not so bad !

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

Coming down heavy in Trim. Still nowhere near what you guys in Dublin got today though. Still ,it means me working from home tomorrow:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

smokin ace wrote: »
    i am in camolin and we have about 5 inches it has been snowing on and off all evening
    my parents live 12 mile away and they have well over a foot of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Mech1 wrote: »
    Post in the "I can help you" thread if you have the driving skills and a bit of spare time.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056125853

Many thanks.

Good job Mech1 - great to see people trying to help others in a constructive way!!! :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

Nine o clock news: Larry Connors has a horse outside in Clonroche

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Juppie wrote: »
    Coming down heavy in Trim. Still nowhere near what you guys in Dublin got today though. Still ,it means me working from home tomorrow:D

Already stopped in Athboy, just down the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Light SNOW Newcastle Co.Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

My father who is in his 60s is still stuck out there. :(

Where is he stuck Mickey maybe someone here might be able to help him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

icicles are caused by freeze/thaw action so yeah good point very good.

Try reading his post again

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Calibos wrote: »
    Good sign from bray. Moderately heavy flakey snow. Lookin like about 15 minutes worth going on Raintoday.

Snowing in greystones too, no sign of thaw but temp is only near 0 I think.
    As long as I can drive to Dublin port for my ferry on Xmas ve morning I will try and enjoy it til then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Your "humour" is not helping. :mad:

sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭lolie

jaysus i was out early this morn and me cock wos frost bittin:eek: sore lookin. i'll post a pic in few mins if ye want;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Seems to be a slight thawing here now. Some drippage from tree branches.

Some flakes in the air too, but not heavy.

Friend is stuck on a back road in Lucan. Isn't sure what to do...is thinking he'll have to leave his car. We told him to take the M50 but he didn't take our advice... :|

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Little or no snow in Naas all evening until around 4pm then Papa Snow took a huge big steaming dump over Kildare.

Unbelievable. Chaotic around Sallins, Trucks getting stuck on Sallins hill, tractors trying to pull them up it. No one moveD anywhere for at least 45 minutes.

Great craic altogether. Here's hoping Papa has stomach cramps takes another dump
    during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

proper snow flakes now but can still hear drip drip:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

thats it i'v had it with dump, no food no jobs,
    OUR BIRDS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Spitting down my chimney....if those hailstones put out my fire I will be one unimpressed person!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Was out for a walk in Donabate and lots of water dripping off the trees but felt colder as I was getting back so hopefully just a temporary blip and temps will drop a bit before next shower with the clearer skies overhead. Thats if the next streamer doesn't dip below Donabate which it looks like it might

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Already stopped in Athboy, just down the road!

Stopped here too now. Who knows what way it is going to go as the night goes on?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

lolie wrote: »
    jaysus i was out early this morn and me cock wos frost bittin:eek: sore lookin. i'll post a pic in few mins if ye want;)

Ha ha ya dirty git

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

LID wrote: »
    Spitting down my chimney....if those hailstones put out my fire I will be one unimpressed person!!! :eek:

If your fire melts my snow I will be one unimpresed person!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I hope santa is able to come to the woman in Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

lolie wrote: »

mine too :p

3257459713_00aee9718c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Hail shower now, a right mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

actually starting to cool down here again. .9c, high of 1.1c..DP down to .3c now and some flakes about.
    D17

Heavy snow again in Lucan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Was that just a warm sector causing a slight thaw then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement