Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

lots of snow here, just had a look at raintoday and if the snow hits around 1 like it looks like we could be in serious trouble tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

LookingFor wrote: »
    Seems to be a slight thawing here now. Some drippage from tree branches.

Some flakes in the air too, but not heavy.

Friend is stuck on a back road in Lucan. Isn't sure what to do...is thinking he'll have to leave his car. We told him to take the M50 but he didn't take our advice... :|

Holding around -0.4C here.

Where's your friend, on the Lucan to Clonee road?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

santa taking a massive dump parkwest again.

oh god.save us.wait. isnt he ur messenger? damn u all above!brianx2 screwing around doesnt mean the whole population hates you!

we still watch the 6oclock bell dong on rte!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dublin Airport reported 0C there at 21.00, light breeze with it. Will probably start to drop now again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Still snowing in Palmerstown and no sign and thaw. According to my car thermometer its -0.5 degrees (I know there not very reliable at times)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Seems to be clouding in now, temp slightly risen!!!

Looking outside and also on the webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com its definitely after clouding over with a slight temp rise. Just need a bit of luck to get that shower action.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Graupel still coming down here at a decent pace. I can hear it dropping into the fireplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Hail the size of skittles falling here...they actually hurt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Still snowing moderately in Santry, proper fluffy stuff too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 antobrien32

Snowing again in Bray!!!:).......can anyone give me an update on how arklow town is???:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

just measured 8.5 inches (22 cms) outside my door in Ongar, West Dublin. Is this event the heaviest snow since the infamous 1982 event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Just in from lots of snow beers & listening to the scanner, heard dublin bus base controller saying he is about to pull the lot.....all buses finishing at 10 maybe?!?

Snow stopped again. WT hell??

I just had a brilliant brainwave. I was thinking about walking to tesco tommorow, and lamenting the walk home lugging shopping because I had no trolley.
    Eureka. I will bring my suitcase on wheels. :) Am I a genius or wha'??
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jedishelly

whitesands wrote: »
    Just in from lots of snow beers & listening to the scanner, heard dublin bus base controller saying he is about to pull the lot.....all buses finishing at 10 maybe?!?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Temp has steadied to 1.1/0.3

Sky has cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Snowing again in Bray!!!:).......can anyone give me an update on how arklow town is???:confused:

Where are you? Its not snowing on Meath road near seafront?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Yep, Dublin Bus have said they will be stopping at 10pm a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭thomasj

They announced 10pm earlier this evening

Check the website

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Jake1 wrote: »

I just had a brilliant brainwave. I was thinking about walking to tesco tommorow, and lamenting the walk home lugging shopping because I had no trolley.

Yeah but have ye got Winter Tyres for it??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yes - this was announced on the Six One News this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Noopti wrote: »
    Yep, Dublin Bus have said they will be stopping at 10pm a while ago.

10pm being the last departure for all routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Densefog2008

You will look the bomb!! can you please post a pic of the shopping trip with your new wheels afterwards?! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Looking outside and also on the webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com its definitely after clouding over with a slight temp rise. Just need a bit of luck to get that shower action.

Whooooo i have light snow falling here Mick !!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

RTE 1 weather forecast on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

MET E would want to make there mind up about the weather

You will look the bomb!! can you please post a pic of the shopping trip with your new wheels afterwards?! :D:D

Ok, I will. ) Ill look like a mad thing but others will envy me secretly... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 antobrien32

Calibos wrote: »
    Where are you? Its not snowing on Meath road near seafront?
    In the middle of the town just behind the main street......also snowing up off the southern cross rd

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I can happily report that Tesco in Lucan has plenty of beer - and lots of it on special offer too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

jimmynokia wrote: »
    MET E would want to make there mind up about the weather

I missed the latest forecast, the missus wanted to watch some model ****e on RTE2, whats their latest line?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

PULL OVER !!
    No its a cardigan but thanks for noticing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement