Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

jeesus, rte /met eireann saying snow nowhere but dublin tomorrow and thursday? what the hell did i do to piss off god?!

edit she said east leinster, but eh, i need to get to dublin airport, so im taking that one personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Noopti wrote: »
    Yep, Dublin Bus have said they will be stopping at 10pm a while ago.
    Damnit, I thought I was ahead of the curve with me 40 quid scanner :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Inquitus wrote: »
    I missed the latest forecast, the missus wanted to watch some model ****e on RTE2, whats their latest line?

Snow showers in the east slowly becoming lighter over time. Wet windy and mild come the 26th. Doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Brief respite so I brought the dog out to play. She's scared of it, she has very short legs! But it's coming down again here in D24!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

argosy2006 wrote: »
    PULL OVER !!
    No its a cardigan but thanks for noticing

....and the Winner of most random post of the day goes to.....

:D

• Advertisement

argosy2006 wrote: »
    PULL OVER !!
    No its a cardigan but thanks for noticing

that was random, but funny, I give you 5 laughing points :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 antobrien32

Stopped snowing in Bray and sky is dark again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I am looking forward to thaw whenever it comes, horrible day work wise with pipes frozen inside buildings where they had not froze before...not even last winter. Got them going but got to do nothing .

Guinness ad for a white Christmas, glad I don't drink their overhyped drink.

I like a green Christmas.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Very wet snow in D12. High enough wind too. Sore face! A good 8 inches here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Howth weather station has temp droping back again and dew point way down...1.2/0.0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Snowing here in North east Kilkenny since around 2:30, mostly just light drizzle type snowbut some heavier snow too, it is heavier now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Min wrote: »
    I am looking forward to thaw whenever it comes, horrible day work wise with pipes frozen inside buildings where they had not froze before...not even last winter. Got them going but got to do nothing .

You're a brave man saing that here ;) I do empathise with your situation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Inquitus wrote: »
    I missed the latest forecast, the missus wanted to watch some model ****e on RTE2, whats their latest line?
    they keep changin there mind every 5 mins i could not even give you the right answer but stay here you will get better info and that by the weather buffs going to look at tv3s account of the weather and see what conclusion they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Looks like the main event will start soon..maybe by 12.00 it will hit the coasts

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Temp has steadied to 1.1/0.3

Sky has cleared.

Portmarnock, after almost 10 relentless hours, you are letting Swords down! Is that Welsh action coming over the Irish Sea going to miss us both to the south?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Some pretty heavy graupel falling here to chase away all fears of a thaw. Noticably colder now and visibility out to sea looks like another spell of precipitation is here for a while.

Air Temperature -0.2°C
    Dewpoint -0.6°C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

tony montana

lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Stopped snowing in Bray and sky is dark again :(

No, we should be smiling that its stopped not frowning. Wind is getting up in Bray and the Temp has broken the 1ºC barrier and the DewPoint has gone positive at 0.5ºC. This means if anything fell now it would fall as rain or sleet.

We want this warm sector to pass us while no precipitaion falls. We want to keep our fingers crossed that we get no precipitation until our temps and Dewpoints drop back sub zero. The major band of precipitation is due here at about 1am. We have to hope that temps and Dewpoints fall back before it hits or else we are going to get lashing rain which will melt the snow we have and turn what remains to slush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Graupel has stopped here.

I popped my head out the back door and noticed a very slight breeze picking up. I could also swear that I heard an aeroplane overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭lolie

lolie wrote: »
    jaysus i was out early this morn and me cock wos frost bittin:eek: sore lookin. i'll post a pic in few mins if ye want;)

here's the poor fella, took picture earlier. was a lot worse lookin this morn

140372.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Calibos wrote: »
    ....and the Winner of most random post of the day goes to.....

i,m watching dumb and dumber, cop pulls up along side van, points and yells at loyd
    PULL OVER''
    Loyd respons,
    No its a caridan but thanks for noticing'

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Evening Guys.
    It's snowing here in Athboy and -8. Quite lightly but its here for now!
    RTE news was a bit mixed I thought??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

I'm sure bus commuters enjoy standing in the snow while the driver at the bus terminal just sits there either looking at them or reading the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Dublin 7. Just finished sweeping the snow from the steps leading up to the house, needed to clear it now it was getting dangerous being unable to distinguish the steps. Snow shower falling now, latest stuff is wet compared with this afternoons falls. A good 6" of snow so far today.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

up to 8 inches now in Dublin 15 ... literally just stopped as i was typing by the looks of it though it will start up again very shortly :p school is officially closed till next year now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Calibos wrote: »
    No, we should be smiling that its stopped not frowning. Wind is getting up in Bray and the Temp has broken the 1ºC barrier and the DewPoint has gone positive at 0.5ºC. This means if anything fell now it would fall as rain or sleet.

We want this warm sector to pass us while no precipitaion falls. We want to keep our fingers crossed that we get no precipitation until our temps and Dewpoints drop back sub zero. The major band of precipitation is due here at about 1am. We have to hope that temps and Dewpoints fall back before it hits or else we are going to get lashing rain which will melt the snow we have and turn what remains to slush.

How much do you have at coastal Bray? Nearly 1 foot here in coastal Wicklow Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Min wrote: »

GTFO!

On a more pleasant note cloud cover is back in D.16 and snowing again lightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

That was a fun afternoon/evening shopping, I LOVE SNOW :D

anyway, does anyone think the precipitation coming from Wales looks like a crocodile thats going to swallow Dublin ?

picture.php?albumid=1504&pictureid=8232

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement