Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

4Sheets wrote: »
    tony montana

lol:D

I know lol some fairly random ones...'i like cheese' WTF??!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭bigroad

Light snow nt wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

CiaraBohs wrote: »
    :p school is officially closed till next year now :P

Yeah - same with my daughter's school here in D6W (it wasn't due to close until Thursday).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Everything that hits land seems to beef up and then hit here, its truly mental !
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Min wrote: »
    Snowing here in North east Kilkenny since around 2:30, mostly just light drizzle type snowbut some heavier snow too, it is heavier now :(

blow it over here to freshford;)

• Advertisement

Magical looking snowglobe effect here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

dacogawa wrote: »
    That was a fun afternoon/evening shopping, I LOVE SNOW :D

anyway, does anyone think the precipitation coming from Wales looks like a crocodile thats going to swallow Dublin ?

picture.php?albumid=1504&pictureid=8232

Reminds me of a dog or wolf. Ready to take a chunk out of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

anyway, does anyone think the precipitation coming from Wales looks like a crocodile thats going to swallow Dublin ?

Ye like the old drugs don't ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

I think I will move to the South of France or Spain as I am starting to get sick of these savage snowfalls and freezing conditions in Dublin, ever since they have started up again over the past three years in particular. In fact I might move to 'no snow' Cork instead as the beer is better there (just kiddin!! don't take offence!). I am looking forward to Mid-February or early March (hopefully it will be a bit milder) so that I can go back doing what I do best.. fly-fishing in the wilds of connemara, Lake Googane Barra in Cork (amazing place for brown trout), and the wild rivers and streams of Wicklow! Anyway I am off to bed to ponder over my worthless f
    g bank shares.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭eefums

has nobody else noticed that the snow showers on the raintoday radar seem to be dying out before they hit the east coast? will that other band reach us at all?
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Looks like bray and greystones are in the direct line of fire for the band from Wales.
    Weather channel app says temp in greystones is 0 but got no way to verify that.
    Anyone have current temp in greystones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Dispite thaw water literally cascading off the roof at this stage in Terenure, there is another two inches of snow on the ground over what was there three hours ago, up to 8 inches accumulated now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Looks more like a pig with it's eyes popping out in cartoon fashion, like in the Mask or Tom & Jerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Looks more like a pitbull with a freeze-ray gun attached to his head to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

How much do you have at coastal Bray? Nearly 1 foot here in coastal Wicklow Town.

About 5 inches measured on the seats along the promenade.

Jimjay wrote: »
    Looks like bray and greystones are in the direct line of fire for the band from Wales.

It's same temp in Wicklow Town - probably same in Graystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Seems to have pretty much stopped here. Well...that was a good, fairly consistent and non-stop 12 hours of snow or so. Wow! Most accumulation I've ever seen here.

If that echo coming from Wales hits Dublin then he handbrake will come up and the city will stop. It may drift SE and miss Dublin - hard to say but it looks on target for now but it may loose intensity as it crosses the Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

No no no...its a pig with short legs and a sword stuck in his head! look...

I may have put his a eye a bit far up his head...whoops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Rougies wrote: »
    Looks more like a pig with it's eyes popping out in cartoon fashion, like in the Mask or Tom & Jerry.

Seeing these not so much a crocodile though! :D anyone know when these showers are due to hit?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Foot or so near Glenealy.

Just cleared the drive and approach road, glass of vino and a mince pie well earned!

Temperature bang on 0.0

Not wrote: »
    Dispite thaw water literally cascading off the roof at this stage in Terenure,

No thaw where I am :confused: How's your insulation/grow room :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

dsmythy wrote: »
    Reminds me of a dog or wolf. Ready to take a chunk out of Dublin.

Actually if you look its not a dog. Not a croc. Its Skippy the bush Kangaroo :) Seriously look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Hmmm, maybe there is a thaw, just checked the front window and the few inches of snow on the car bonnet has slid right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

eefums wrote: »
    has nobody else noticed that the snow showers on the raintoday radar seem to be dying out before they hit the east coast? will that other band reach us at all?
    :confused:

Here's hoping it doesn't. I loved Snowmageddon 1 but I don't want the sequel until everyone is home for Christmas :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Jimjay wrote: »

Not sure about Greystones but its 2 Degrees in Bray now and rising rapidly, anything that falls is going to be rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Rougies wrote: »
    steveLFC24 wrote: »
    No no no...its a pig with short legs and a sword stuck in his head! look...

Either way there's animal developments in the Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

crosstownk wrote: »
    If that echo coming from Wales hits Dublin then he handbrake will come up and the city will stop. It may drift SE and miss Dublin - hard to say but it looks on target for now but it may loose intensity as it crosses the Irish Sea.

Is there any chance it might collect some reinforcements in the Irish Sea along the way?

• Advertisement

Large flaky snow faling pretty steady now in Wicklow Town. I've been starved of it until today/yesterday - I wish I could pass it on to those in need coz I know what it's like to radar watch and get nothing. Not a gloat - but really we have enough already. Never thought I would say that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement