Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

egan2020 wrote: »
    Just starting snowing here.

mmm so its closer to waterford than the radar shows lets hope it dont pass us out.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

irish147 wrote: »
    Not a snow flake in wexford town... just moon light

by the looks of the radar its not going to last long but as the saying goes every little helps

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Oh my! Looks like Dublin from about 1:30am is going to get lashed! As is Wexford! Kilkenny is going to get some too!

midnight.png

Looks like Dublin is going to get destroyed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Yeah several people mentioned it here, its snow on the Sateliite dish. Someone said throw a football at it, I would maybe try a tennis ball a few times myself. Or a water balloon with DeIcer and Warm water in it.

Also it started snowing again in Athboy, temp trending up slightly, -3 now.

Genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

ksimpson wrote: »
    Had to dig about 8 inches of snow away from behind the electric gates so I could get the car into the garage. Hopefully I can get it out tomorrow. Thankfully it's 4WD, but it's a snowmobile I'll need tomorrow if www.raintoday.co.uk is anything to go by.

I'm so sorry to hear that :( Is your electric gates OK?

We should mount a rescue party for this chap's gates, otherwise he will have to buy a snowmobile :mad:

LOL, only messing, I had a few snow pints :D This snow is epic, never seen anything like it in Ireland.

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Oh my! Looks like Dublin from about 1:30am is going to get lashed! As is Wexford! Kilkenny is going to get some too!

midnight.png

That bottom one looks like it could hit all the south - east or will it just sit on the coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Anybody know if that gorgeous looking snow cloud'll find it's way near athlone? the raintoday satellite looks like it's dispersing and swerving south before it gets anywhere near here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford still looks like its gona take a hammering in the not so distant future. Maybe parts of Louth and Meath too. Keep an eye on raintoday, will give an indiction of how far inland its gona travel.

URL=http://img413.imageshack.us/i/3hourprec.gif/]3hourprec.gif[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Eventually made it home. 5.5 hour journey on the 67 from Merrion Sq to Celbridge. And that was avoiding Lucan.
    Chapelizod and Palmerstown were a disaster. Vehicles sliding down ramps and blocking lanes. People eventually started walking the N4 up to Liffey Valley.
    Fooking wrecked!

Easily 4 or 5 inches of snow in Celbridge.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

midnight.png

Dunno, could be marginal in lots of coastal locations - worrying to see Dublin airport still at 1c on the 10pm update with sleet. I assume also that the temps could increase with the cloud cover?

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Edit - its a menacing looking beast though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 updraft

Starting to get heavy again here. Time for another snow beer...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

foxinsox wrote: »
    pics or gtfo :D

Pics will follow. It's still a work in progress. Let's just say we were a bit ambitious with the floor plan. It's nearly two thirds done though and standing at about 5feet so far!

One of two things will happen overnight. it will collapse under it's own weight or any additional snow plus a bit of a freeze will make it harder than granite and it will last til June. :p

Small army of kids were assisting. No doubt I'll get up tomorrow and they'll be back in there working away like little snow fairies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

midnight.png

With rain.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

midnight.png

praying temps&dp are on side as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

midnight.png

Take that with a pinch of gravel. It just moves the precip in the direction of the flow at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

del88 wrote: »
    With rain.......:(

Temp could still drop back again before it arrives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

nice set of hooters you got their
    I BEG YOU PARDON!
    the owls their beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

whycliff wrote: »
    Has the snow effected anyones Sky+???

Mine in Dublin 15 but it is back on again. Temperature has dropped again but there has not been any thaw here anyway. Temp - 1 now (was '0' 30 minutes ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

delw wrote: »
    praying temps&dp are on side as well

temps and double penetration? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

argosy2006 wrote: »
    nice set of hooters you got their
    I BEG YOU PARDON!
    the owls their beautiful

One time we mated a bulldog with a shitsu.
    Really?
    Yeah, we called it a BULLSHiT
    *giggles* :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

finally our first white out of the past two days. Pelting.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

Anyone want to post a few good snow tunes

Whats the story with the Wales Snow monster by the way, is he coming to get us or wha?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sfhvxTZ0wo
    Best snow tune i know :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Dr Galen wrote: »
    Pics will follow. It's still a work in progress. Let's just say we were a bit ambitious with the floor plan. It's nearly two thirds done though and standing at about 5feet so far!

One of two things will happen overnight. it will collapse under it's own weight or any additional snow plus a bit of a freeze will make it harder than granite and it will last til June. :p

Small army of kids were assisting. No doubt I'll get up tomorrow and they'll be back in there working away like little snow fairies

I look forward to assessing the property development..

I saw a great one made down here last big snow, they used thin MDF 1/4 inch I think for the roof..

Used blue crates (that Super Valu deliver shopping in) as a mould for the snow bricks. It was most excellent..

I might have pics and will post if I can find cable for my camera..

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

hardly a breath of wind here in Dublin 15 (Castleknock) and still - 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Stopped snowing in Maynooth a while back. Been pretty much going all day til then. Temp reached -1 (climbed throughout the snowfall). Now falling again slowly (-1.3 now)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭waldo

Daemonic wrote: »
    It'll be fupping chilly if it reaches Uranus :D

5281526014_c9c065fa48_z.jpg
    Rathfarnham Snow - 21st Dec by John Wallace Photography, on Flickr

Looks like Daemonic got his wish! Yes that cold!

Any latest on carlow/killkenny/tip/wat :confused: radar shows snow over carlow now........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Hope this snow is gone by 27th. Must be a foot of this stuff outside the doors. It's been nearly a month of snow and it's not even January. I've had enough. Businesses are suffering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jedishelly

Flurries of snow in Greystones again now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

cloud is starting to cover again in D15

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement