Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

The shower in Wexford now has a chance of making it to Waterford. The next update at raintoday will tell all i think .
    I hope so mick, but I pinned my hopes on the wexford cloud this morning with a major disappoint to see the cloud just stop east of waterford, I am hopeful though since waterford was mentioned in both ME and MT forecasts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Jake1 wrote: »
    Light snow again here. Sky all orangey.

Eerrr... that orange glow will be the big city lights or the Grim twins spray on tans....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

That low centre has definitely push SE somewhat. Snowmegagiggatrixatron has turned its back on us for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

dacogawa wrote: »
    Heavy snow/wind in D4, temp dropping

And SANTA IS DEAD

apparently the Americans heard that there was a guy with a big whitebeard hiding in a grotto & blew the crap out of it!
    you saw that on "Have I Got News For You"....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

Snow has stopped in Blanchardstown, 4 inches.

still snowing here ..... talk about localized weather

• Advertisement

Snowing like the hammers of hell here at the moment.
    My neighbours came over in their 1974 land rover and decided it was a good idea to drive to coolgreaney village for a few pints
    We only had to be pulled out of the ditch by a tractor twice which I thought was good going 011.gif
    Absolutely mental,the depth of the ruts on my lane alone must be 18 inches.

We got there anyhow and back - Result 011.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Confirmation - Snow in city centre D2 pearse street ...temps must have dropped back again ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Can't see radar on mobile, does the southerly track of the wales precip make it look like it will eventually reach kilkenny by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/WeatherCam.aspx

Temps dropping RAPIDLY.

Went from 2.5 to 0.9 in about 10 minutes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

fizzycyst wrote: »
    I hope so mick, but I pinned my hopes on the wexford cloud this morning with a major disappoint to see the cloud just stop east of waterford, I am hopeful though since waterford was mentioned in both ME and MT forecasts :)

Waiting for each update on raintoday, hoping it remains strong and travels west :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Coming down pretty heavy now in Dublin 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Snowing like the hammers of hell here at the moment.
    My neighbours came over in their 1974 land rover and decided it was a good idea to drive to coolgreaney village for a few pints
    We only had to be pulled out of the ditch by a tractor twice which I thought was good going 011.gif
    Absolutely mental,the depth of the ruts on my lane alone must be 18 inches.

We got there anyhow and back - Result 011.gif

So no thaw out with you then BB???? snow is getting heavier yet i still hear d dripping from d roof and cables :O took a stroll around arklow town bout an hr ago and its like a scene from 24 days later :) cars abondoned everywhere not a sinner in sight, very eerie indeed :) even 2 buses stuck on the hill by the church :O

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

well im heading to bed

as it stands in my part of Blanchardstown

very very light snow but snow none the less

some breaks in the clouds although don't think they'll have much effect

good night :p

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

Snowing in Clondalkin/Lucan again. :)

What gives the sky the bright yellow colour it seems to have during snow? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

What gives the sky the bright yellow colour it seems to have during snow? :confused:

Streetlights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Dunno if it's a blip on the radar, but the 00.00 update on raintoday has the irish sea turned off like a tap! The main swathe of the arc just disappeared on it! The northern bit seemed to pep up though. Don't know how much to read into that update...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Street lights and the clouds ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Watching a possible feeder for Dublin on the Radar and Sat

Possible in next 2 hours, to hit somewhere from Lusk to Howth, has a long stream stretching behind it.

Will be interesting to test the current marginal atmosphere.

Post shower Howth temps read 0.6c/0.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

The shower in Wexford now has a chance of making it to Waterford. The next update at raintoday will tell all i think .
    no snow in wexford now.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

LID wrote: »
    Beautiful flakes coming down in Crumlin, Dublin 12 now...may need some more snow wine to watch these for a while!! :)

hello meet your neighbour in d8 who was planning not drinking wine tonight...3 glasses in.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

fizzycyst wrote: »

Ye i know plus i taught our snow was to come from the dublin area not wexford what was MT`s forecast from the wexford cloud???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Snow has stopped in Blanchardstown, 4 inches.

I measured 8 inches in Clonsilal :confused:

Very light snow...practically nothing.

Night all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Street lights reflecting against the white snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Havn't been out my back garden all day, just looked out and my pond is completely gone (about 7x7). It must have froze over and snowed on top of it,

Have a question should I try to remove the snow and break through the snow as there are fish in it, it has got a heater which was switched on but couldnt have made much of a difference if its froze over. My friend is telling me that if I break the ice it would just get colder in the water??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

LookingFor wrote: »
    Dunno if it's a blip on the radar, but the 00.00 update on raintoday has the irish sea turned off like a tap! The main swathe of the arc just disappeared on it! The northern bit seemed to pep up though. Don't know how much to read into that update...

It's a radar blip, it does that sometimes, it makes you feel better about the next update:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

LookingFor wrote: »

That doesn't have the Shannon radar, and it seems to miss out a large section off of Dublin Bay. It has not just disappeared!

Looks directed at North Wicklow/ Far south Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

TskTsk wrote: »
    Streetlights

well how come the cloud looks orange out in the countryside where there is no street lights?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Watching a possible feeder for Dublin on the Radar and Sat

Possible in next 2 hours, to hit somewhere from Lusk to Howth, has a long stream stretching behind it.

Will be interesting to test the current marginal atmosphere.

Post shower Howth temps read 0.6c/0.2c

Think it might track further south..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

actually it does look like the "Welch blob" is beginning to turn in a southerly direction, here's hoping for all us in Waterford :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Waiting for each update on raintoday, hoping it remains strong and travels west :)

The travelling west bit is confirmed :) Use the force young Jedi to break that Blue Shield :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement