Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

Saganist wrote: »
    Street lights and the clouds ??
    TskTsk wrote: »
    Streetlights
    Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Street lights reflecting against the white snow.

I thought it would have been streetlights, but I had to ask, thanks cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Watching a possible feeder for Dublin on the Radar and Sat

Possible in next 2 hours, to hit somewhere from Lusk to Howth, has a long stream stretching behind it.

Will be interesting to test the current marginal atmosphere.

Post shower Howth temps read 0.6c/0.2c
    noticed that Weathercheck,suppose next streamer/shower will decide whats in store for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

dublin dublin thats all the info were getting what about this moving inland any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

fizzycyst wrote: »
    actually it does look like the "Welch blob" is beginning to turn in a southerly direction, here's hoping for all us in Waterford :)

Ye i need to go to bed now i hope i wake up to some snow but wont hold out on it as its bein skipping us the last few days...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭cdev

That doesn't have the Shannon radar, and it seems to miss out a large section off of Dublin Bay. It has not just disappeared!

Looks directed at North Wicklow/ Far south Dublin.
    Yep - it's a radar blip. It's lashing snow here in Kilternan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Very weird:confused: its snowin quite heavy here in arklow, yet there seems to be a thaw also:confused:

Just been outside for a cig and the snow is coming down pretty heavy yet the water is dripping from the roof and over head cables:eek:

Same in Dublin.

Winds up now blowing from east through Terenure never seen snow move that fast, clouds of it flying through almost horizontal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

davidsr20 wrote: »
    dublin dublin thats all the info were getting what about this moving inland any chance ?

Keep an eye on the radar.. Thats what us "Dublin" folk are doing ! ;)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jaysus wasn't expecting it, but...

Light snow in Athlone. Didn't think it would go this far in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Havn't been out my back garden all day, just looked out and my pond is completely gone (about 7x7). It must have froze over and snowed on top of it,

Have a question should I try to remove the snow and break through the snow as there are fish in it, it has got a heater which was switched on but couldnt have made much of a difference if its froze over. My friend is telling me that if I break the ice it would just get colder in the water??

Take it off and boil a kettle, this might help

http://ezinearticles.com/?Frozen-Fish-Pond---5-Tips-For-Winter-Survival&id=1863042

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081230070717AAeMmRr

Actually just read the yahoo answers, ball in the water after you sort it

BUT DONT BREAK IT

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

due to fly home from Berlin tomorrow. Anyone care to hazard a guess whether that'll happen or not? Would love to put my mother's mind at ease :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

about time,let us know if it keeps up im 8 mile from athlone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

jo06555 wrote: »
    Ye i need to go to bed now i hope i wake up to some snow but wont hold out on it as its bein skipping us the last few days...:(
    keep the faith :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Russians seem to have a different way of having fun in the snow to us :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Dunno, could be marginal in lots of coastal locations - worrying to see Dublin airport still at 1c on the 10pm update with sleet. I assume also that the temps could increase with the cloud cover?

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Edit - its a menacing looking beast though...

Heavy snow here in D4 anyway . . . coming down for the last ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I have so enjoyed reading the posts today. Some of them were hilarious. I was lucky enough to be off work, so I hope all those who had to work got in and out safely.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Dublin is out of the frame tonight. No harm really, as the airport needs to get going again, so that all the loved ones can get home for Christmas. Now you all really want that don't you....... imagine if it was your loved one stuck abroad.

Happy Chrimbo to you all.

Saganist wrote: »
    Think it might track further south..

If that big mass does track south it could be good for Dublin, as there seems to have been a snow gap opposite it most of the evening, but Meath to the north of it was getting frequent showers.

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Russians seem to have a different way of having fun in the snow to us :confused:

Im sick of seeing that clip on this tread!posted many times,cool tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

dacogawa wrote: »

Should have just searched google myself dont know why I didnt

I just poured the hot water in and the fish are still moving around, its quite deep so they should be fine once I keep a hole in it and feel them.

Thanks

Is the guinnes storehouse camera working for anyone. I cant see anything http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/WeatherCam.aspx

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

about time,let us know if it keeps up im 8 mile from athlone

If you're 8 miles north its probably gonna miss you. If you're 8 miles south you'll probably get a bit more than whats falling here.

Almost stopped already :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

WHOA :eek: fell asleep on the sofa at 11.15 , (nothing) , just woke up to an absolute whiteout blizzard here in Tallaght , it's actually getting scary :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Is the guinnes storehouse camera working for anyone. I cant see anything http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/WeatherCam.aspx

It's covered in snow.

All I can say about these last few days is..

Weather... Bloody Hell.. :D:D

If you're 8 miles north its probably gonna miss you. If you're 8 miles south you'll probably get a bit more than whats falling here.

Almost stopped already :o

Im 8 mile west near ballinasloe :mad:

steveLFC24 wrote: »

:eek: Now, just how do I get down from here.....:pac:

Not wrote: »
    If that big mass does track south it could be good for Dublin, as there seems to have been a snow gap opposite it most of the evening, but Meath to the north of it was getting frequent showers.

Might hit alright, but its main direction seems to be south. Curling into the low ? :confused:

Should have just searched google myself dont know why I didnt

I just poured the hot water in and the fish are still moving around, its quite deep so they should be fine once I keep a hole in it and feel them.

Thanks

:confused:

Im 8 mile west near ballinasloe :mad:

Just keep an eye on the blobs here. We're not going to get much if any more by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

gucciali wrote: »
    WHOA :eek: fell asleep on the sofa at 11.15 , (nothing) , just woke up to an absolute whiteout blizzard here in Tallaght , it's actually getting scary :eek: :D

some snow in Tallaght already and still more :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Very heavy now in D6 and winds have picked up. Some gusts lift the snow and push it upwards which is entertaining to watch!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement