Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Still snowing heavily in rathfarnham. Its just fine powdery stuff though. Not snowman making quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

By looking at raintoday I think that Dublin is going to be missed tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

I have so enjoyed reading the posts today. Some of them were hilarious. I was lucky enough to be off work, so I hope all those who had to work got in and out safely.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Dublin is out of the frame tonight. No harm really, as the airport needs to get going again, so that all the loved ones can get home for Christmas. Now you all really want that don't you....... imagine if it was your loved one stuck abroad.

Happy Chrimbo to you all.

Well said,take a bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Im sick of seeing that clip on this tread!posted many times,cool tho

My bad, guess I must have missed a few of the 9000 odd posts :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭samboshy

This thread is ... eh ... interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    By looking at raintoday I think that Dublin is going to be missed tonight

I'm in Dublin now and where being lashed by snow

Yip, tis belting down here

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭maxextz

well i work on the road and im sick of this crap:mad: 4hours15 minutes getting home last night.
    city to lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Heavy graupel here. 2.3C/0.3C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

123balltv wrote: »
    some snow in Tallaght already and still more :eek:

It's about a foot and rising :eek: coming very fast and heavy :D I reckon we'll be snowed in here by tommorow. we'll have to have loaves of bread dropped down to us by the helicoptors:D just like the good old 80's .(I'm not that old my dad told me this :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    My bad, guess I must have missed a few of the 9000 odd posts :rolleyes:

ha dont worry about it,im glued to here the last few days going googly eye,d :oand annoyed were getting no snow in the midlands but we are reaching -14 again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

123balltv wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin now and where being lashed by snow

I know Im in Palmerstown.

What I meant was that we wont be getting much later as that big blob from Wales is going away and the bits that are left seem to be going further south.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Snowing outside gorey at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Nada in D15 at the moment. Temps hovering around 0C

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

13 feet in l.a and more storms forcast now thats what ya call snow

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

my snow musta got lost....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

ok...gang saying dublin is being missed by the welsh monster....just taken a few steps outside here in d8 and there is something new happening...snow yes lots but also being swirled around by quite a wind....I am double checking my definition of blizzard.....:eek:

Clouds are breaking up really fast in rathfarnham now. Snow seems to have stopped too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

well how come the cloud looks orange out in the countryside where there is no street lights?????

Yeah, does anyone know the actual answer? Outside my house in Dublin is usually pitch dark as there's a street-light out but on these snow nights it's so bright outside it's just surreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Gone dead calm again in Terenure. Back to vertically falling snow flakes, and not much of that atm, just the stragglers from the last shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

Starting to come down in Trim again. God I really need to go to bed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Yeah, does anyone know the actual answer? Outside my house in Dublin is usually pitch dark as there's a street-light out but on these snow nights it's so bright outside it's just surreal.
    coz the sky is black and the snow is white its just the way it looks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Can I just say, after this is all gone I'm going to miss this thread! the banter, the predictions, the snow, everyone. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

goodies wrote: »
    ok...gang saying dublin is being missed by the welsh monster....just taken a few steps outside here in d8 and there is something new happening...snow yes lots but also being swirled around by quite a wind....I am double checking my definition of blizzard.....:eek:
    same here snow seems to be swirling around by wind before it lands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

-6 in athboy, I'm not too far from juppie so maybe more up come for Meath??

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

The streetlights reflect off the white snow back into the sky where the clouds pick it up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭samboshy

Juppie wrote: »
    Starting to come down in Trim again. God I really need to go to bed:D

Where the **** is trim??

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

goodies wrote: »
    hello meet your neighbour in d8 who was planning not drinking wine tonight...3 glasses in.....:D

That was my plan too...didn't quite work out...may need to buy more wine tomorrow!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

The streetlights reflect off the white snow back into the sky where the clouds pick it up...
    it happens in places wit no streetlights it just coz the snow is white and its dark out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Also a full moon..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement