Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

dacogawa wrote: »
    Can I just say, after this is all gone I'm going to miss this thread! the banter, the predictions, the snow, everyone. :o

Agree totally.

But.... despite the fact that things might settle down for a bit (in Dubland anyway..), I have a feeling that the thaw around Chrimbo, will be followed quickly by another spell of this snow, ice, frost etc.

So it ain't over till the Fat Lady Sings :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

samboshy wrote: »
    Where the **** is trim??

Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

dfbemt wrote: »

The runs are all pointing to a very snowy 48 hours. This could all change at short notice but the runs all look promising.

I would not be surprised to see another 10cms when i wake up in the morning.

Not a bad forecast by me yesterday. I was only off by an hour or 2.

Really love this weather stuff. Best Christmas pressie ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

dacogawa wrote: »
    Can I just say, after this is all gone I'm going to miss this thread! the banter, the predictions, the snow, everyone. :o
    our snow months havnt even started yet ie:jan/feb so chin up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Hey folks.
    Just checking the radars again looks like the rest of the cloud is going to be hitting Wexford/Wicklow? Will it make it further inland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

samboshy wrote: »
    Where the **** is trim??

MEATH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Hey folks.
    Just checking the radars again looks like the rest of the cloud is going to be hitting Wexford/Wicklow? Will it make it further inland?

Its snowing where i live... outside gorey

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

millymoo wrote: »
    -6 in athboy, I'm not too far from juppie so maybe more up come for Meath??

Stopped about five mins after I posted. I reckon it will be on and off all night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

-14c between claregalway and tuam...COLD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭bigroad

Im south of courtown and starting to snow light.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

-14c between claregalway and tuam...COLD.

brrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Snowing in Edenderry, Offaly on and off all evening. The roads are lethal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

:(Looks like Waterford to miss out again, same old story.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Feckin' snow- STOP GOING SOUTH!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like Howth is in for another light feeder, seems like it is even slipping to my south, so the CC could be in for some. Quite light echoes from it at the minute though,

eHC5A.jpg

Just cos it looks cooler in picture... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The Anglesey snow is going south, but there is precip on the radar all the way to Manchester and the rotation should bring this in around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Right after all that girly stuff! the temps seem to be dropping again
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/
    http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?RegionId=0

Wind is holding in an east Moderate, just so long as the dew points stay low (apart from the bray shield) there should be more on the coast

I've already lost my brother from this today (well lost meaning his flight was canceled from the US so we are having christmas on the 27th now) so let the snow belt down tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

eHC5A.jpg

Just cos it looks cooler in picture... :D

An Opel, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

Dacogawa you have a lovely time with the bro albeit belated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

ardmacha wrote: »
    The Anglesey snow is going south, but there is precip on the radar all the way to Manchester and the rotation should bring this in around Dublin.

Theres a lot of slow moving percip over England that could still be on a collision course with Dublin and Wicklow if it keeps up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

sat24 shows promise for some imminent dublin snow

Confab wrote: »
    An Opel, right?

Yes chief, that would be from my Astra...

Used to play a bit of an endurance game with passengers once upon a time when it was like -4 or 5....stick one hand out the window, palms horizontal if that makes sense..pointing forward, see who can keep it out the longest..

However, at this extreme..i reckon the game mightn't be as fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

ciaranm wrote: »
    sat24 shows promise for some imminent dublin snow

ok I def need to go to bed and try to at least TRY and pretend to get to work tomorrow but might wait up now a few more minutes and BLAME YOU:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Unless the NNW mesoscale wind gradient comes back into place, I fear it is gameover for me in Dalkey. Showers will just avoid me and just blow over if they actually hit (same as the start of december). I'd say the E wind is in excess of 20 knots know, snow pack starting to be tested seriously if this continues (31cm in front garden 2 hours ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

i love the snow but feck that cold all the pipes in my car froze last nite cant drive it now till it thaws icon8.gificon8.gificon8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

If you have only just joined us, or missed this earlier!!!

Post in this thread if you think you might be capable of helping someone in your local area during this weather.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056125853

Christmas is nearly here and i'm sure that someone in the area around you is starting to panic about getting the supplies in before everywhere closes down.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Just woke up for a piss,not snowing in portarlington,going back to bed to cuddle the wife.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Just woke up for a piss,not snowing in portarlington,going back to bed to cuddle the wife.
    ;)

Gay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement