Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

samboshy wrote: »
    Where the **** is trim??

Ladies and Gents, I give you the future of Ireland! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Just woke up for a piss,not snowing in portarlington,going back to bed to cuddle the wife.
    ;)

Enjoy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

omg, just heard the loudest clap of thunder:eek: nearly fell out of the bed wit the fright:pac:

very light snow here now, but the thaw has stopped:P

thundersnow in arklow now
    An unreal heavy whiteout again
    This has been nuts all day

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Just going to bed, no snow in Palmerstown direction... Heavy cloud tho!

• Advertisement

thundersnow in arklow now
    An unreal heavy whiteout again
    This has been nuts all day

that was very loud wasnt it:eek: can u see the sea from your house??? some great lightening strikes over it, bit scary but from my bedroom it looks brilliant:pac:

omg, just heard the loudest clap of thunder:eek: nearly fell out of the bed wit the fright:pac:

very light snow here now, but the thaw has stopped:P
    no thaw out here just 2 miles inland.
    My weatherstation[see my sig] has been sub zero throughout

-1c now and powdersnow falling in a fog of heaviness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Anyone got a measurement for the snow in Dublin? Not really in the mood to look back through hundreds of pages of posts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

There hasn't been one dop of snow flake in Thurles since the downpour two weeks ago.
    (I tell a lie there was a very slight flurry of sleet last Friday).

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Harps wrote: »
    Anyone got a measurement for the snow in Dublin? Not really in the mood to look back through hundreds of pages of posts

I measured eleven and a half inches in rathfarnham.

• Advertisement

no thaw out here just 2 miles inland.
    My weaterstation[see my sig] has been sub zero throughout

-1c now

I'm down near the harbour so there was a bit of a thaw earlier:) not now though:) the snow has eased off a bit here now, still about 8" on the ground:eek: thats mad so near the sea:confused:

Can see the lights of the town but not the sea as we are in a dip behind a small hill.
    BUT yes that was loud

fair play to mt

I'm down near the harbour so there was a bit of a thaw earlier:) not now though:) the snow has eased off a bit here now, still about 8" on the ground:eek: thats mad so near the sea:confused:
    I'd say double that out here almost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Looks like this.

Can see the lights of the town but not the sea as we are in a dip behind a small hill.
    BUT yes that was loud

fair play to mt

did you come in around town 2day??? it was mayhem:eek: trucks jackknifing on the main street, bus eireann buses blocking the town, cars slidin back down hills sideways:eek: got a few vids but cant find cable for camera:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

kwik wrote: »
    i love the snow but feck that cold all the pipes in my car froze last nite cant drive it now till it thaws icon8.gificon8.gificon8.gif

You should try antifreeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

DWCommuter wrote: »
    You should try antifreeze!
    i no only got the the car so didnt really stand a chance feck it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

8 inches , 20.8cm here in booterstown :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

kwik wrote: »
    i no only got the the car so didnt really stand a chance feck it anyway

Let it thaw out and then tow it to a garage. Don't start it. The engine block could be cracked if the frozen water expanded in the cooling system. Best of luck and may a pox fall on the last owner for not making sure there was antifreeze in it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Just noticed theres a halo around the moon here!

Caused by ice crystals in the air as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Am I right in saying the snow meant for dublin ain't happening? Looks to me in raintoday that what was set to hit us has disappeared over the Irish sea?

crazy heavy in arklow now.
    utter utter whiteout,flakes the size of dinnerplates:D

if this keeps up...oh my word lol on top of whats there already

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

crazy heavy in arklow now.
    utter utter whiteout,flakes the size of dinnerplates:D

if this keeps up...oh my word lol on top of whats there already

From the looks of raintoday it'll be over soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Monkaa wrote: »
    Am I right in saying the snow meant for dublin ain't happening? Looks to me in raintoday that what was set to hit us has disappeared over the Irish sea?

Plenty of potential thoughout the night. Looks like the CC will get hit soon, might even intensifly as it hits the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Let it thaw out and then tow it to a garage. Don't start it. The engine block could be cracked if the frozen water expanded in the cooling system. Best of luck and may a pox fall on the last owner for not making sure there was antifreeze in it.:D
    chers mate have few mechanic mates that'll sort it for me the head is grand as far as i could c today but cud'nt c very far....and i'll b having words with that c*nt hes supposed to b a mate

• Registered Users Posts: 14 emperorofhell

A flake hasn't fallen since about half 9 here in Ballybrack

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Rougies wrote: »
    Plenty of potential thoughout the night. Looks like the CC will get hit soon, might even intensifly as it hits the coast.

Rougies, any idea why it looks like its retreating back to Wales?

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Rougies, any idea why it looks like its retreating back to Wales?

The low pressure system is moving southwards, so now the snow over Wales is getting sucked up by the mountains south of Holyhead, around Mt. Snowdon etc. instead of passing to the north out into the Irish Sea like it was earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Took two hours to get from Arklow to Gorey this evening, so many people stuck :eek:

• Advertisement

Rougies wrote: »

It has intesified, but now looks like hitting a bit to the south of the CC, just keep an eye on the radar is all we can do really :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement