Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

did you come in around town 2day??? it was mayhem:eek: trucks jackknifing on the main street, bus eireann buses blocking the town, cars slidin back down hills sideways:eek: got a few vids but cant find cable for camera:eek:
    Heard that alright-glad not to be caught up in it.
    still snowing but lightly now.
    Time for shuteye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

-1 here now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

i know this is off topic but check out the thread from Mach1,class,talk about (boards)community spirit

edit:irish sea gone asleep?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

delw wrote: »
    i know this is off topic but check out the thread from Mach1,class,talk about (boards)community spirit

You forgot the link :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056125853

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Stheno wrote: »
    cheers (see more boards community spirit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

pelting snow outside gorey now.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Right so. Final update before sleeping time. Full cloud cover in rathfarnham and lightly snowing with a mild breeze. Temperature is back down to minus 1 and a full foot of snow now. Plus the council are out plowing the roads.

Nighty night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Are the midlands going to get anything other than the drizzle we got earlier on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

No new snow here, wont get any tonight so i might as well hit the hay brrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I got myself to Dublin for Christmas, just need a taxi now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Monkaa wrote: »
    Am I right in saying the snow meant for dublin ain't happening? Looks to me in raintoday that what was set to hit us has disappeared over the Irish sea?

The Welsh dragon (/crocodile/bull/whatever) has gone the way of the Celtic tiger it would seem. Nothing there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Did we get much snow in Dublin CC or Dublin 6 since about 11pm last night. Just wondering about the commute and how much worse it might be today.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

- 15 here in Leitrim now, freezing fog and ice on top of the 6 inches of snow. I cant remember it ever being this cold before, had to get up and turn on the heating at 4 am because I woke up with the cold.

I was talking to an old farmer yesterday and he said that it was 1942 when the lake beside him last froze over.

Im not looking forward to my drive home for xmas :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

did dublin get hit after by the big monster coming form wales last night i was wrecked tired so had to go to bed
    a little over 2 inches fell here last night bringing the total so far up to 9 inches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Okay lads & ladies, you guys may be in the know. I am flying out of Oman tonight on my way home to Dublin for Christmas, landing (hopefully) at 6am on the 23rd Irish time. Realistically what are the chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Dublin airport has been closed a few times now so hit and miss,they have been diverting to cork shannon or uk

Please God Shannon, I have a few pals there I used to play rugby with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

.....mosser and the lads .

Think they stick you on a bus to get back to dublin

So the buses are still running but the airport is closed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Jude, it will depend on where in Europe you are booked for your connecting flights really, a lot of airports in Europe closing here and there and that obviously adds to the delay in getting back. Check the arrivals/departures for each airport and see if they are running ok and that may help, also ring your travel insurance company and see what option you have if flights are delayed, don't take for granted that everything is covered, all insurance companies have terms and conditions. Good luck !

I am flying direct from Abu Dhabi to Dublin so I am hoping if Dublin is closed they will divert to Shannon not the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Big thaw on in the city center, if anything the roads are worse now as they are full of wet slippy slush instead of the dry stuff yesterday

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Supercell wrote: »
    Big thaw on in the city center, if anything the roads are worse now as they are full of wet slippy slush instead of the dry stuff yesterday

Which City centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Supercell wrote: »

A thaw?! It's currently -9 in Lucan.
    All the snow has frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

smokin ace wrote: »
    did dublin get hit after by the big monster coming form wales last night i was wrecked tired so had to go to bed
    a little over 2 inches fell here last night bringing the total so far up to 9 inches

Can anyone answer this? Was there more snow in Dublin last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Fingers crossed Jude they will divert you to Shannon or somewhere in Ireland if Dublin is closed. Please though check you travel insurance company and see exactly what the options are for travel delay or a what if scenario - the airline drops you in Europe/UK - what are you covered for to get back to final destination Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

- 7 here in Castleknock, Dublin 15:D

I think I have travel insurance on my credit card. Surely it will be Etihads responsibility to get me to my destination not the travel insurance company? What can they do

• Advertisement

There was a flight yesterday from germany,was halfway between uk and ireland and diverted back to manchester.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement