Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 finnfinn

No need for a snow shovel. Technique using any shovel is required.
    Do not walk on snow. Clear a patch,
    brush with strong yard brush - knocking snow of bristles regularly,
    if necessary use a spade or shovel edge to shift compacted snow,
    work outwards from cleared area
    If you are strong and skilled enough throw the shovelfuls of snow as far to the side as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Loscherland

amid all this chaos, while some people struggle to make it into work, we'll still have no problem making it to the pub... even if we have to build our own!... Snow Pub... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Supercell wrote: »
    6z shows a chance of some east coast fun later tonight then cold and settled with high chance of record lows over snowfields

have you got a link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Sat24 showing the possibility of a few streamers setting up on the east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

finnfinn is spot on, back breaking work all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 RosieP

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolaboola viewpost.gif
    Howdy folks,

Anyone know where in Dublin City Centre/Dublin 6/Dublin 12 (Kimmage) I could buy a snow shovel?

Any idea how much one would cost?

c

The hardware in Superquinn shopping centre in Kimmage (Sundrive) might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Gonna be a white Christmas it seems, 6z shows a high centred over the country so very very very cold and dry.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Killmurf

amid all this chaos, while some people struggle to make it into work, we'll still have no problem making it to the pub... even if we have to build our own!... Snow Pub... :D

Snow pub - nice :D

Blue skies and powdery snow where I am (Kildare).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 percy100

My cousin built one of those as well.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Supercell wrote: »
    Gonna be a white Christmas it seems, 6z shows a high centred over the country so very very very cold and dry.

have you a link please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I think you'll be fine. Chances are that Dublin will not close again between now and Xmas based on latest forecasts. Having a direct flight hugely helps your odds of getting back.

My sister was on that flight from Abu Dhabi (Etihad) and it arrived in at 7:45 this morning (one of the first to arrive since the airport reopened). My mother is over the moon as she had been worried all day yesterday that sis would be trapped in transit somewhere and not make it home. Happy days and happy holidays everyone:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

RosieP wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolaboola viewpost.gif
    Howdy folks,

Anyone know where in Dublin City Centre/Dublin 6/Dublin 12 (Kimmage) I could buy a snow shovel?

Any idea how much one would cost?

c

The hardware in Superquinn shopping centre in Kimmage (Sundrive) might be worth a try.

Both H/W shops at sundrive superquinn sell them ranging frm €10 to €25/30

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moggie4000

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the driving conditions are like driving from Dublin to Tullamore & Clara please?

Have a delivery there today, just wondering what it's like?

moggie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

whiskeyman wrote: »
    In D3 and need to get to Celbridge later. Checked AA and roads seem quiet enough. Would I be stupid to attempted to drive out there?

Journey from Leixlip to Celbridge fine if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Luas Red line - Tallaght to Connelly was in a crash at 9:45 this morning just before the Smithfield stop.
    Basically a car seemed to pull too far out on the track and the Luas had no time to stop and went through it for a shortcut. The car was pretty badly damaged but the driver and passengers (Luas included) were ok.

The line obviously stopped running, but I'm unsure of its status now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

According to AA roadwatch on Twitter its back running a full service (Tweeted at 10:34)

Its weather like this where twitter comes into its own, between AA, Dublin City FM Live Drive, RTÉ and Dublin Airport all giving regular updates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Hey did anyone come across my snowmen yet in the Phoenix Park yet! Couldn't resist last night so put two of them on the left as you come up the hill from the main gate in that field where the Obelisk thingy is! :) It was tough work so I hope it makes someone smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Beginnings of a streamer in the irish sea by the look of it

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

There seems to be a tiny blob heading for North County Dublin on raintoday, maybe a sign of more to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Here's a nice comparison to show the difference in what we got in Celbridge a few weeks ago and what fell yesterday:

72023_473733093779_530298779_5734706_2282382_n.jpg
    63557_474211498779_530298779_5742630_5304445_n.jpg

And

164357_473733158779_530298779_5734707_4023296_n.jpg
    156746_474211543779_530298779_5742631_6759286_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

vangoz wrote: »
    Luas Red line - Tallaght to Connelly was in a crash at 9:45 this morning just before the Smithfield stop.
    Basically a car seemed to pull too far out on the track and the Luas had no time to stop and went through it for a shortcut. The car was pretty badly damaged but the driver and passengers (Luas included) were ok.

The line obviously stopped running, but I'm unsure of its status now.

Hi Thanks for this info . was gonna head out to get the luas soon . Might leave it till about two , do you think it will be running by then ?:)

Travel Update
    Tuesday 22nd December - 10.30hrs.

The Luas Red Line is operating a full service between Tallaght and The Point Stops,
    Full line has re opened with minor delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Noopti wrote: »
    Just cleared the drive and path outside the house....I'm bloody wrecked now!
    i hear ya.. 2 hours i was doin it. coffee now and warmin up nice.:cool:

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

it's freezing down here in cork. -4

Summer like here :p

Temperature
    -7.7°C
    Humidity
    91%
    Dewpoint
    -8.9°C

I'm supposed to be going to see a play in the Olympia in Dublin City at six, with the kids , was gonna get the Luas (from Tallaght ) , would I be crazy to head in with 3 young kids :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    it's freezing down here in cork. -4

thick fog here near mallow. not sure of temp as didn't check car but well below freezing.

gucciali wrote: »
    I'm supposed to be going to see a play in the Olympia in Dublin City at six, with the kids , was gonna get the Luas (from Tallaght ) , would I be crazy to head in with 3 young kids :confused:

Public transport all seems fine.

The kids will love it in the snow !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Here's a nice comparison to show the difference in what we got in Celbridge a few weeks ago and what fell yesterday: u shud face the kennel towards that fence or the house and leave just enough room for the bowler to get in. that how i have it and it means it's alot more protection from the elements.

72023_473733093779_530298779_5734706_2282382_n.jpg
    63557_474211498779_530298779_5742630_5304445_n.jpg

And

164357_473733158779_530298779_5734707_4023296_n.jpg
    156746_474211543779_530298779_5742631_6759286_n.jpg
    u shud face the kennel towards that fence or the house and leave just enough room for the bowler to get in. that how i have it and it means it's alot more protection from the elements.

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Advertisement

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Public transport all seems fine.

The kids will love it in the snow !!!

Thanks :) yes they looking forward to it , just wasn't sure wether it be mayhem tryna get home but should be handy enough on the Luas :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement