Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    I still think the met office has a lot to answer for. The severity of this snowstorm over Dublin and parts of kildare and Wicklow in particular should have been flagged. The snow is just so bloody deep in West Dublin...my next door neighbours are from Lithuania and even by their standards they find this very bad. Many parts of the South should consider themselves lucky to have escaped as it is banjaxing Christmas preparations for a lot of people.:mad::mad::mad:

Its OK they have said we will be basking in 10c on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

diarmuid79 wrote: »
    they forcasted since saturday that the east could get heavy snow on tuesday its very hard to predict so give them a break and enjoy instead of complaining:eek::eek::eek::eek:

What's to enjoy? It's been almost a month of this now. Personally ive had enough of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

it looks like them showers in the irish sea are going to hit the east coast in an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

filo87 wrote: »
    It's been snowing lightly here in Cork for the last 15 minutes.

city/county? or anything more precise?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

chris2007 wrote: »
    it looks like them showers in the irish sea are going to hit the east coast in an hour

Yeah some streamer activity definitley on a collision course with Dublin again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    What's to enjoy? It's been almost a month of this now. Personally ive had enough of this.
    Thailand rarely gets snow, so you could move there if it bothers you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

None for Waterford.

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Stop sprinkling that sugar on the street from your bedroom window!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Cionád wrote: »
    Birth of streamers???

140447.PNG

Birth of the Isle of Man shadow you mean. Guess what large North Wicklow Town on the border of Dublin it is aimed at? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

kenmc wrote: »
    Thailand rarely gets snow, so you could move there if it bothers you so much.

It doesn't bother me as much as smart assess like you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    It doesn't bother me as much as smart assess like you. :)
    Oh snow doesn't bother me at all, I love the stuff. The more the merrier. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

silly boys stop fighting...santa's robin is watching;)

back to the streamersplease...anybody got any thoughts on landing locations???/ please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    According to AA roadwatch on Twitter its back running a full service (Tweeted at 10:34)

Its weather like this where twitter comes into its own, between AA, Dublin City FM Live Drive, RTÉ and Dublin Airport all giving regular updates

A lot of the County Councils are also giving Twitter updates and also Irish Rail, etc. Also invaluable during this and the previous bad spell is Wexford Bus Facebook page. This is great example of what social media can do, it's instant information. Fair play to the staff who are manning these feeds as they are obviously working outside normal working hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

I'm in rathfarham at the mo & I'm shocked by the amount of snow here, it's worse than last time which I didn't think was possible, well over a foot of snow! It's absolutely bananas! Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Inniscarra. Still falling lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The latest radar update (1215h) shows those streamers growing in size.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Streams have pepped up a bit on the latest.

AqYRk.png

Some places should something soon.

edit - snap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭samboshy

It's a great place for hiding things in....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Met Eireanns radar is useless , Not picking up any of the showers around Donegal coast at the moment. Raintoday and Met uk are very accurate compared to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Issued at 22 December 2010 - 12:20
    Severe Weather Alert Update
    Air temperatures will remain well below freezing point in many areas for the rest of today, Wednesday, with ice and compacted snow persisting. Snow showers affecting northwestern and eastern counties will produce further accumulations of 2 to 5cm in places.

Valid till 19:00 22/12/2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Calibos wrote: »
    Birth of the Isle of Man shadow you mean. Guess what large North Wicklow Town on the border of Dublin it is aimed at? :rolleyes:

Not sure about that, looks like it is heading direct for wicklow and going to miss bray greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Monkaa wrote: »
    I'm in rathfarham at the mo & I'm shocked by the amount of snow here, it's worse than last time which I didn't think was possible, well over a foot of snow! It's absolutely bananas! Amazing!

Lovely stuff, please upload a pic or two. Only 6 inches on ground here (but really beautiful) but can't really complain since we got a foot of it a couple of weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

vangoz wrote: »
    Basically a car seemed to pull too far out on the track and the Luas had no time to stop and went through it for a shortcut. The car was pretty badly damaged but the driver and passengers (Luas included) were ok.

I was on this Luas, the car came flying down the hill at speed, then couldn't stop. A few seconds earlier and it would have hit the front of the Luas and not the side (as it did). No one was hurt but the Luas driver was shaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

Can anyone post the latest Raintoday radar? I'm trapped on the mobile version of Boards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Stop sprinkling that sugar on the street from your bedroom window!!!

i thought you were warned about commenting on cork related stuff! hmm i didn't say it was snowing in cork either so the post makes little sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Nice one, NW wind back hours now, if showers do make it back, coastal areas will be get the most.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like more snow showers should hit Dublin 15 and southwards over next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

rc28 wrote: »
    Lovely stuff, please upload a pic or two. Only 6 inches on ground here (but really beautiful) but can't really complain since we got a foot of it a couple of weeks ago.

Yeh I'll upload pics later when back at laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

LookingFor wrote: »
    Streams have pepped up a bit on the latest.

AqYRk.png

Some places should something soon.

edit - snap.

Any chance these will hit Dublin CC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Can anyone post the latest Raintoday radar? I'm trapped on the mobile version of Boards :(

Posted 7 posts before your request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement