Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Clear blue sky here in Palmerstown. No wind - not sure how cold it is - unable to get out of my front door, due to a good accumilation of snow from last night.

Cars on the street have a decent covering from what i can see.

Don't think we're going to get any snow here today?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

i thought you were warned about commenting on cork related stuff! hmm i didn't say it was snowing in cork either so the post makes little sense...

C'mon ---Wasn't mocking just having a joke as opposed to a snipe.. Can people not have a laugh every now and then. It is different when one is laughing AT somebody as oposed to WITH them. I told you I ate my hate when Cork City got its 2cm and I did..I ate humble pie and posted on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Jimjay wrote: »
    Not sure about that, looks like it is heading direct for wicklow and going to miss bray greystones
    Eh yeah, and what would a large north Wicklow town on the border of Dublin be called do you think? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,388 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Eh not everyone in this country uses here as their source for weather forecasts. So Met Éireann do have a lot to answer for in that respect considering hobbyists here can predict it but our Government funded service can't.

i checked several weather forecasts at the end of the last cold snap (during which i managed to get some part worn winter tyres - invaluable)

this is the main road (N56) round donegal town 5 days after the snow
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69688545&postcount=449

i got coal, oil and gas in during the thaw (thank god for that)

and i check in here despite the snow lovers on here (its only cold rain ffs)

ergo i dont what your complaint is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

_whiskers wrote: »
    Any chance these will hit Dublin CC?

Hard to say, they might skirt south of the CC actually. There's some oscillation in the direction of the stream, so it may wave up and down a bit as the afternoon progresses. Not sure what the forecast is for winds in the next while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Jimjay wrote: »
    Not sure about that, looks like it is heading direct for wicklow and going to miss bray greystones

We may be honorary Dubs in some respects but technically Bray is in Wicklow my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Calibos wrote: »
    Eh yeah, and what would a large north Wicklow town on the border of Dublin be called do you think? :D

Ok, presumed you were suggesting it was going to hit bray so suggested it looks like it might miss bray? not quite sure what your on about now. sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

crosstownk wrote: »
    Posted 7 posts before your request.

Totally didn't notice before. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

please let it miss the airport!!!! PLEASE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Can anyone post the latest Raintoday radar? I'm trapped on the mobile version of Boards :(

140454.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

please let it miss the airport!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Yes Mothernature let the poor folks go home for Christmas
    push it into South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I can't believe you succeeded! My 66b left town at 4:05 and at 7:40 it was halfway up the Chapelizod sliproad in the middle after sliding ferociously. TWO 67's behind slid so badly that they kicked everyone off- slid right into the kerb. A 66A was right at the top about to turn onto the N4- for over an hour! Nothing moving except to slide back down, everyone gave up and walked. Did you walk? I walked back to a relation's in chapelizod myself, had too much stuff with me to walk all the way up to liffey valley and hope for the best there.

8.5 inches at 11 last night in Leixlip- looks to be more now, not far off a foot.

To be honest I thought it wasn't gonna happen. It took so long to get from one end of Chapelizod to the other anyway, and then we just sat at the lights for an age waiting to turn left to go up the incline before taking the slip road. We couldn't see what was wrong until half way up the incline where we saw Gardai going past and then eventually some vans sliding and being pushed by people.
    When we then got to the foot of the slip road it looked worse. Huge gaps were left between vehicles to allow them a chance at it and I could see vans sliding back down 10 feet at a time. Really thought I'd be walking from there more than once.
    When we actually got our chance at it we flew up. But then once on the N4 it was just static. Cars were stuck in lanes even where the road was level which blocked lanes and made things worse. Palmerstown was almost as bad because cars coming up onto the N4 from M50 and also just negotiating the slopes of the road where the N4 and M50 interchange were sliding which meant nothing behind could move. Seeing people abandon the buses and walk the N4 was some sight.
    When we got to Liffey Valley we flew to Celbridge. Not going into Lucan was a God-send. Took me double what it normally does though to walk to the house from the bus stop cause the snow was that thick.
    Didn't bother attempting going to work this morning. Thank God for VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭devilabit

Nice hi-res satellite image of Ireland as of 11.20 today

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/realtime/single.php?T103561120

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

V.Light snow here in Malahide.

darkman2 wrote: »
    V.Light snow here in Malahide.

Which way is the wind blowing? Will it hit West Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

I reckon that streamer will hit Bray directly, with some minor flurries showing up along the coast from Malahide to Bray. Not really seeing any signs for the airport disruptions at this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I think it is going to hit the CC and south.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Sun snow shower in Donabate now.

Seems to be too much North - South in direction - can't see them getting inland except South Dublin south.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

looks like the north streamer might hit bray, greystones and the more southern one for wicklow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I can't take it any more! Please NO MORE SNOW. PLEASE!

I want a DISLIKE button, for Christmas

Seems to be too much North - South in direction - can't see them getting inland except South Dublin south.

So no snow for Palmerstown/Clondalkin/Lucan area then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

It looks that way, although the stream did track westerly slightly in the last update. Sort of hard to say, it might yet hit the CC, but less certain about west dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

I am driving from Kildare to Clare for Xmass, either tomorrow after work at 4pm or first thing Friday morning. Does anyone know how conditions are on the M7 are? A tonne of snow here, but no new snow since last night so heres hoping! Am I best to just go Friday morning rather than risk it tomorrow evening? Clare is fine, didnt get much snow at all, just the first part of the journey I am worried about!

LookingFor wrote: »
    It looks that way, although the stream did track westerly slightly in the last update. Sort of hard to say, it might yet hit the CC, but less certain about west dublin.

Okeydoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

That streamer has Dalkey-Bray-Greystones written all over it

Light snow getting a little heavier but very small falkes.

Light snow getting a little heavier but very small falkes.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

oh,don't get me all excited again:DHow come I can't see that on the radar,could you please post a link?Can only see wicklow getting it.Sorry for being a thicko;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Heavy Snow in Swords

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement