Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

snow on grafton street in dublin!!

Oh wait no,brown thomas just have a snow machine blowing it into the air :(

It did fool me for a second though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

fizzycyst wrote: »
    do you think that includes Waterford city tony?

i'd say waterford will get a fair bit of it anyway, not being right on the coast should help a bit. Maybe not as much as inland wexford, carlow and kilkenny are expecting, but probably significant accumulations all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

i'd say waterford will get a fair bit of it anyway, not being right on the coast should help a bit. Maybe not as much as inland wexford, carlow and kilkenny are expecting, but probably significant accumulations all the same.
    many thanks for the reply :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

channaigh wrote: »
    when will it start tony do you think as in when will i not get down the hills of north kilkenny

the worst of it isn't until saturday anyway, so stock up tomorrow and try get hold of snow chains if you have a 4wd, the hills could take a serious pasting. Be prepared for christmas as in a worst case scenario you might not get out easily until then. Emphasis on that being worst case, ye shouldn't be that bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Myself and my girlfriend are from Cork but living in Wexford. At the moment we are not sure whether to head home this weekend or not just in case we get stuck here for Christmas! Just wondering what ppl would advise...go this weekend or wait until nearer to Christmas??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

The latest national forecast on met.ie is a bit conservative for sunday monday considering what the latest models are predicting. They say that any showers will be mainly scattered. Although I suppose it is only thursday evening, a lot of scenarios possible before then. They do however say that the cold weather will persist for the later part of next week, no mention if a thaw.

'The trend for later in the week is for the cold weather to largely persist, maybe not as cold as this weekend, but frost and ice will continue, and further snow events are possible'

This goes in line with what MT was saying in his interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

the worst of it isn't until saturday anyway, so stock up tomorrow and try get hold of snow chains if you have a 4wd, the hills could take a serious pasting. Be prepared for christmas as in a worst case scenario you might not get out easily until then. Emphasis on that being worst case, ye shouldn't be that bad!

yea no 4wd so i'll be well and truely stuck just as long as my husband gets down from dublin sat evening i'll be happy. i'll stock up tomorrow so thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

M. T. The infallible snow god has made a fantastic prediction for the inland south east. . . Total of 45cm by monday night. . . South east is the place to be! :D

Im here on Coastal Wexford....near Duncannon....does anyone think that the coastal influence will prevent me getting snowed in?

Ive cancelled a trip to Dublin in order to build snowmen.

Please dont be bad news ..............PLEASE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

snow ghost wrote: »
    Enter specific details below, and wait for answer to light up:

5264259482_437c0d79ef.jpg

Be patient, sometimes it can take a while.

It wont let me type in my address :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 banSHE

So when is the worst heaviest snow forecast for Galway????????????????????. how come there are no posts from MT in the last while??????:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i have not been following this all day because of work but can anyone tell me how is north wexford looking for the fluffy white stuff over the next fewdays will we get much if it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

carlmwan wrote: »
    It wont let me type in my address :D:D

It is encrypted for your security carlmwan, so that no one else can see your personal details, hence you wont see the letters appearing as you type. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

banSHE wrote: »
    So when is the worst heaviest snow forecast for Galway????????????????????. how come there are no posts from MT in the last while??????:rolleyes:

I know it's hard to follow all the posts but he did post an update an hour ago,check his forecast thread.

ok. here's the link again. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69597026&postcount=1849

banSHE wrote: »

He's in Canada you imbecile and he's not on this forum for your amusement. He's a very valuable and informative member who deserves the utmost respect.

He's in Canada you imbecile and he's not on this forum for your amusement. He's a very valuable and informative member who deserves the utmost respect.
    That's a bit harsh.

Snow showers coming and going in Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

sooo, snow on Sunday for Dublin ? :D NO SCHOOL hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

mayo.mick wrote: »
    It's now chucking it down here, total ground cover, real small powdery flakes:cool:

Please do tell me the year :D

About half an inch so far on the ground here in NE Galway, sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

MGMTea wrote: »
    sooo, snow on Sunday for Dublin ? :D NO SCHOOL hopefully

Hopefully your teacher reads this forum and she can prepare work for you to take home tomorrow should the school be closed after the weekend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Another snow shower in castlebar, lets hope they keep coming :p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Inquitus wrote: »
    Hopefully your teacher reads this forum and she can prepare work for you to take home tomorrow should the school be closed after the weekend ;)

DISLIKE :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Please do tell me the year :D

About half an inch so far on the ground here in NE Galway, sticking.

might ask MT :D:D he seems to be able to predict everything:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Its completely White here now (near Claremorris). I see its the same in Charlestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

light covering thats stuck here in roscommon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That's a bit harsh.

My sentiments exactly!

I got a bit of a lashing earlier for making the wrong comment in relation to wind direction FFS!

While I'm sure the regulars on the weather forum get pissed off with the intrusion and silly questions from those of us who don't understand the weather and just want to know when / if it's going to snow (in Cork maybe?:p), etc., one has to understand that extreme weather is exciting for us all hence the massive influx of people on this section when extreme weather is due. While your interest in the weather may be all year 'round for most of us we find a drizzly Tuesday morning in April plain boring and wouldn't dream of coming on here to discuss same. However when there is extremes of weather due, be it wind, rain, snow, etc we all want a part of the action.

I'm a regular on the motors forum and you would want to see the ridiculous questions / posts there at times yet most people are helpful because they understand that the person asking the question just doesn't know the answer. They're not just 'poting the first thing that comes in to their head' as was said to me earlier. In the motors section if you called another user an imbecile you would get a week off. Come to think of it if you called another user an imbecile on After Hours you would get the same. I don't see why it is acceptable here just because you didn't manage to catch MT Cranium's predictions on one page out of 50 of weather reports in one day alone!

/ rant

Peace out!

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Its completely White here now (near Claremorris). I see its the same in Charlestown.
    tyre tracks are covered up on charlestown alright. Who put out that bin? It's not going to get collected tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Sparko

Qwerty? wrote: »

Someone's out having a snowball fight I see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly!

I got a bit of a lashing earlier for making the wrong comment in relation to wind direction FFS!

While I'm sure the regulars on the weather forum get pissed off with the intrusion and silly questions from those of us who don't understand the weather and just want to know when / if it's going to snow (in Cork maybe?:p), etc., one has to understand that extreme weather is exciting for us all hence the massive influx of people on this section when extreme weather is due. While your interest in the weather may be all year 'round for most of us we find a drizzly Tuesday morning in April plain boring and wouldn't dream of coming on here to discuss same. However when there is extremes of weather due, be it wind, rain, snow, etc we all want a part of the action.

I'm a regular on the motors forum and you would want to see the ridiculous questions / posts there at times yet most people are helpful because they understand that the person asking the question just doesn't know the answer. They're not just 'poting the first thing that comes in to their head' as was said to me earlier. In the motors section if you called another user an imbecile you would get a week off. Come to think of it if you called another user an imbecile on After Hours you would get the same. I don't see why it is acceptable here just because you didn't manage to catch MT Cranium's predictions on one page out of 50 of weather reports in one day alone!

/ rant

Peace out!

Sorry it sounded like he was having a go at M.T and that won't be tolerated here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

AAAAGHHHHHHHHHH. Snow in Castlebar, Claremorris, Headford, Tuam, Galway.
    And in Ballinrobe I can see a clear Starry Sky over to the Partry Mountains which have a snow layer.

Lough Mask is having its usual effect:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

roryc1 wrote: »
    Sorry it sounded like he was having a go at M.T and that won't be tolerated here.

Fair enough but since when are you or The Entrprenuer MODS?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 roscov

Snow is still falling here in galway (near dunmore). Easing off a little but have full confidence it will be back in full force soon. It has been snowing consistantly for the past 1-2 hours...........I LOVE SNOW

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement