Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Definitely clouded up here in Clondalkin now, but is it going to bring snow? Very slight thaw where sun was directly shining onto snow, but not much.

Nothing falling yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Smur

VERY light snow falling here in Clontarf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Whereabouts?

South of Finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Light snow falling on my freshly cleaned paths :)

Ah well, I need the exercise.

Ashtown, Dublin 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Just back from walking the dog. Definitely a rise in temp. Sky's clear enough with a strong sun. Also some thawing out as water starting to run in rain water downpipes.

Arklow, Co. Wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Snowing moderately/lightly here now.

Was out clearing the driveway. Never seen so much snow. I would say maybe 8 or 9 inches in places. We have now proper little piles forming a passageway down the drive.

All seemed slightly futile...we had just pretty much finished making a path when it started snowing again. But I guess this lot won't last long.

Either sleet or snow falling now in Palmerstown.

NINJA EDIT: IT'S SNOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Hey,
    Just got my car stuck in the snow had to get a recovery truck to collect us.
    They were actually quite cheap. If any needs link to their ad then PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Just back from walking the dog. Definitely a rise in temp. Sky's clear enough with a strong sun. Also some thawing out as water starting to run in rain water downpipes.

without a location, this means very little. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just got my car stuck in the snow had to get a recovery truck to collect us.
    They were actually quite cheap. If any needs link to their ad then PM me

I usually go for the insane wheel spinning, screaming, punching the steering wheel, followed by frantic digging method myself;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Vudgie wrote: »
    I usually go for the insane wheel spinning, screaming, punching the steering wheel, followed by frantic digging method myself;)

Been watching loads doing that today! The mind boggles!

Looks like it has stopped/eased off?? It's very grey overhead though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Ha I didnt even try my car skidded into about 9inches of snow, I got out looked at it and got back in, went online on my phone and gave them a call. It was way to cold out. :P

Freezing temperatures to continue until at least Monday, according to Gerald Fleming, speaking on FM104 just now.

Looks like it has stopped/eased off?? It's very grey overhead though

Should do, it was just a passing trace going by the radar. The main stream is still out at sea and probably won't come near west dub. Seems to be solidly on track for dublin bay southward now.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

d18 - can see clouds moving in but it's been thawing all morning - going out to build a snowman before it disappears. On another note - main road to athlone from dublin - anyone on it? Need to collect some rellies tomorrow.

LookingFor wrote: »
    Should do, it was just a passing trace going by the radar. The main stream is still out at sea and probably won't come near west dub. Seems to be solidly on track for dublin bay southward now.

So the bulk of the snow is gone???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Freezing temperatures to continue until at least Monday, according to Gerald Fleming, speaking on FM104 just now.

I think its to get slightly warmer on Christmas day! So we should see a good bit of thaw and some slush.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

At least they wheel someone different out everyday it slips back.
    Makes it look like their not the one in the wrong.

Well I'm no expert, but for west dublin, I don't think we'll see anything like yesterday! It's possible we'll have showers, it's hard to predict with streamers where exactly they'll land, but this streamer out in the irish sea right now doesn't have us marked at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Not yet, there are two streamers formed either side of the Isle of Man, so the east is at risk for the rest of the day and tonight probably. I doubt there'll be anything too heavy or prolonged like yesterday and the showers are unlikely to make it far inland.

Blue sky appearing again from the East

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭ellejay

light snow fall here in dublin port

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Light snow Newcastle Co.dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Light snow for a few mins where I am in D15 but it's stopped now. Broken cloud overhead with some blue sky visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

very light snowfall starting again in Blanchardstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Or try putting your car mats under your wheel, for some grip?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Just drove Drumcondra to Leixlip, there is probably double the snowfall in Leixlip, it's incredible.

Hard lumpy ice on the M50 and N/M4, grand unless you have to brake cause of some d1ck cutting in front of you to get the next exit. :mad:

Clear skies here(Leixlip ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Meemeep,
    a friend drove from Dublin to Athlone yesterday and he said it was fine. 2 lanes open all the way and he could do 100 to 120kph. It's fairly icy around Athlone but not a major problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭chinchin

Went for a walk last night after the snow eased of here in Swords, average covering on undisturbed level ground was 19cm. I'd reckon maybe 16/17cm fell yesterday between 09:30 and 21:30.
    It was dry this morning and even felt warm in the sunshine. Clouded over again now and light snow from time to time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement