Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Thedogsgone

Sleety rain like substance falling in D4.....

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭3 Dollar Bill

Cionád wrote: »
    Just drove Drumcondra to Leixlip, there is probably double the snowfall in Leixlip, it's incredible.

Hard lumpy ice on the M50 and N/M4, grand unless you have to brake cause of some d1ck cutting in front of you to get the next exit. :mad:

Clear skies here(Leixlip ;) )

Gardai stopping traffic from going up Captains Hill in Leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

What are driving conditions and traffic like in Dublin? I need to drive from Athlone to Dublin (St Stephens Green) and back tomorrow. I'm trying to decide between driving and the train/bus. I'd say the train up will be fine but coming back at lunchtime might be crazy. Anyone been in Houston today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

guinness cam showing snow in city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

sleet or very fine snow in Goatstown D14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Or try putting your car mats under your wheel, for some grip?

yeah I seen that on t.v to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Gardai stopping traffic from going up Captains Hill in Leixlip.

I exited the M4 at the Celbridge interchange to avoid the village. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The smallest flakes of sleety rain/graupel falling lightly in Dublin 2. I am unsure how much this latest spell could bring but at this stage I think we definitiely have enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

brilliant - thanks for that Donnie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Snowing in Dun Laoghaire again. A good mix of flake sizes. Visibility poor and wind westerly (just for the craic it seems)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Snowing/sleeting yet again in Dublin 20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

light snow in dalkey, nice flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

getting cloudy in sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

Donie75 wrote: »
    What are driving conditions and traffic like in Dublin? I need to drive from Athlone to Dublin (St Stephens Green) and back tomorrow. I'm trying to decide between driving and the train/bus. I'd say the train up will be fine but coming back at lunchtime might be crazy. Anyone been in Houston today?

Donie - drive as far as the mad cow and get the luas in - might be your best bet. Though traffic seems to have eased - lots of people just staying at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

them streamers look better on sat24 looks good for wicklow and wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

meemeep wrote: »
    Donie - drive as far as the mad cow and get the luas in - might be your best bet. Though traffic seems to have eased - lots of people just staying at home.

God knows what rush hour will bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Snizzle here in Knocklyon

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

God knows what rush hour will bring?
    MAD !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the people i feel really sorry for are all the folks who emigrated here in the last few years from the newer european baltic states who came for the relatively mild irish winters. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Rougies wrote: »

Fo' shizzle.

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    the people i feel really sorry for are all the folks who emigrated here in the last few years from the newer european baltic states who came for the relatively mild irish winters. :D

I doubt anyone came for the Irish weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/WeatherCam.aspx

viability completely gone at gunniess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

jimmy.d wrote: »
    them streamers look better on sat24 looks good for wicklow and wexford

They are skirting agonisingly close to the Wicklow coast - but not doing any damage. Not too upset about that personally - just spent about 2 hours shovelling about 4,000 litres of snow off the drive ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

They are skirting agonisingly close to the Wicklow coast - but not doing any damage. Not too upset about that personally - just spent about 2 hours shovelling about 4,000 litres of snow off the drive ;)

That's a visual real life report as opposed to a radar one. Can see them from my sitting room drifting by. Moving quite quickly actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

Rougies wrote: »

I've learned a lot of new vocabulary on this site in the last month, but I definitely haven't come across that one before!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

CiaraBohs wrote: »
    http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/WeatherCam.aspx

viability completely gone at gunniess

Viability??? You're prob right as no=one is drinking freezing cold stout in this weather!!!:D

Just started here again in Firhouse on top of the 2 foot we have already had in the last 48 hours.......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Very dark and snowy here in Dun Laoghaire still. Small flakes... here's hoping for bigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Snowing very lightly in Sandyford now.

Caitriona wrote: »
    I've learned a lot of new vocabulary on this site in the last month, but I definitely haven't come across that one before!

We're becoming like Eskimos around here with all our different words for snow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Firhouse seems to be gound zero for snowmageddon, light snow atm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement