Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

_whiskers wrote: »
    So does this mean no more snow for Dublin north central? :( please rougies tell me I'm wrong!!! :pac:

Ok then whiskers, you're wrong! :D

But I'm afraid it does look like no more snow in that area for the the next couple of hours anyway. We'll see how things pan out later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Rougies wrote: »
    Ok then whiskers, you're wrong! :D

But I'm afraid it does look like no more snow in that area for the the next couple of hours anyway. We'll see how things pan out later. :)

Well at least there is a bit of hope! :) really want a fresh top up!:D

Latest GFS shows potential for more snow showers for the east later today, tonight and tomorrow. Most will probably be light/moderate in nature. Might give a couple cm top up in places. Xmas Eve/Day looking bone dry and still cold. White Christmas a certainty for most now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

They promise a Snow free show on 4 live:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Anybody noticed that mass of cloud racing up towards the south west/south? Its on sat24.com. Is that the mild air approaching at a rate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

_whiskers wrote: »
    really want a fresh top up!:D

Why? So you can sit in here and talk about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Latest GFS shows potential for more snow showers for the east later today, tonight and tomorrow. Most will probably be light/moderate in nature. Might give a couple cm top up in places. Xmas Eve/Day looking bone dry and still cold. White Christmas a certainty for most now.

Going to be interesting to see how the rest of run shows the 26th as it seems they have strengthen the cold so far in the run.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

moderate/heavy in dalkey again, nice flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Where?

20 cms on the ground in Stillorgan at the moment and it's still coming down!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

opr wrote: »
    Going to be interesting to see how the rest of run shows the 26th as it seems they have strengthen the cold so far in the run.

Opr

Think the wintry showers will ease off though??

• Advertisement

opr wrote: »

Opr

Indeed, out to midnight Sunday now and the cold seems to be holding!

Interesting run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

There are massive black clouds tantalisingly close to Donabate. I'm trying to entice them slightly north.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

you can fairly notice the stretch in the evenings;)

There are massive black clouds tantalisingly close to Donabate. I'm trying to entice them slightly north.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

God i hope any snow stays away from the city centre..sick to death of playing bus roulette and trying to get home waiting for buses that according to the website are "operating as normal" when in reality they are not even running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Some huge dark clouds that appear to be full of precip are moving into the South Dublin area, I'm in Palmerstown and I'm looking directly south towards the Dublin Mountains and the cloud is moving in between where I am and Tallaght... Tallaght looks like it is getting plastered from here or at least the Dublin Mountains is...

you can fairly notice the stretch in the evenings;)

PMSL

Why? So you can sit in here and talk about it?

No! So I can go out with my friends and have a snowball fight in it!:D;)

Some huge dark clouds that appear to be full of precip are moving into the South Dublin area, I'm in Palmerstown and I'm looking directly south towards the Dublin Mountains and the cloud is moving in between where I am and Tallaght... Tallaght looks like it is getting plastered from here or at least the Dublin Mountains is...

More????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Graupeling away in Donnycarney for the last half hour or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Yeah just got a text from the OH in malahide, said there is very stormy clouds approaching!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I doubt anyone came for the Irish weather!
    you'd be surprised, there's a lot of eastern europe that has worse winters than we've had now every year.

unsurprisingly though they're well prepared for it and as such it hardly makes a dent in their day to day lives.

vibe666 wrote: »
    you'd be surprised, there's a lot of eastern europe that has worse winters than we've had now every year.

unsurprisingly though they're well prepared for it and as such it hardly makes a dent in their day to day lives.

"Planning" in our wonderful city is sh1te, that's why!

Graupeling away in Donnycarney for the last half hour or so

Same here in Marino :( it doesn't make a great snowball!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Nothing happening in Tallaght at the moment, in saying that there are some very dodgy looking dark clouds moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

If they came for the Irish winters, why did they not stay for the unemployment?

Exactly, so why would they want come here for what is usually months of dark grey damp depressing Altlantic muck?

Even people here that don't like the snow have to admit that the air is fresher, the skies clearer, there's more sunshine and a brighter landscape during this cold weather! Most people seem to be in better form lately too, even if they do moan about the roads etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Yeah just got a text from the OH in malahide, said there is very stormy clouds approaching!!

What is it with clouds and south Dublin? Thos tantalisingly close black clouds are on their way to leafy Foxrock. We're not good enough for them. :mad:

Come bbbbaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

kenmc wrote: »
    If they came for the Irish winters, why did they not stay for the unemployment?

because they have nothing to keep them here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

looks like those streamers are staying out to sea!!!!! the clouds look very dark out over the sea here in Arklow, but they seem to be blowing south and not hitting land:( come on easterly winds:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement