Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What is it with clouds and south Dublin? Thos tantalisingly close black clouds are on their way to leafy Foxrock. We're not good enough for them. :mad:

Come bbbbaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Two things I've learned from this week:

1. It NEVER snows during the night (for me anyway), wake up disappointed every time

2. The best/heaviest snow comes from streamers (in Dublin), and not those HUGE areas of percipitation which for some reason never deliver!! Like what happened to that massive thing from Wales last night!? :(

Ugh anyway roll on the next snow event, whenever that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Very light flakes in the wind here at the moment on the North Wexford coast, looks like those showers in the Irish sea are starting to brush the coast.

irishdub14 wrote: »

1. It NEVER snows during the night (for me anyway), wake up disappointed every time

2. The best/heaviest snow comes from streamers (in Dublin), and not those HUGE areas of percipitation which for some reason never deliver!! Like what happened to that massive thing from Wales last night!? :(

I think - although i could be wrong? - that that massive thing from Wales dumped its contents on us last night? Well it did in Dublin anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

yeah I seen that on t.v to!

Bastards stole my way of getting out of snow. Been doing that for years

• Advertisement

Hailstones and snow in Coolock according to Dublin City FM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Very light flakes in the wind here at the moment on the North Wexford coast, looks like those showers in the Irish sea are starting to brush the coast.

Hopefully move a bit more inland and hit wexford town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Agreed on #1, every morning i wake up like a kid and nada! Sometimes i ve even been waking up at 3 in the morning for a snow check but to no avail

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Streaming showers may be kicking off for North Dub shortly. I expect hail and snow. Not as marginal as last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

are the winds due to go east at any time?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

delw wrote: »
    are the winds due to go east at any time?

From what I can see, winds will 'wobble' somewhere between NNE and ENE, so occasionaly, heavier showers should be blown onshore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

there are some serious dark skies coming in over north dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

-5.5 and clear sky in Aughrim Co. Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

darkman2 wrote: »
    Streaming showers may be kicking off for North Dub shortly. I expect hail and snow. Not as marginal as last night.

This what you have your eye on?

UNw4m.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

any body know if we will see anything like we had here in dublin yesterday again anytime soon :confused: happy answers only:mad: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

Come on Aerlingus!!
    My sister is waiting to get a flight (last 3 flights cancelled). This one has just been delayed 3 times. Now due to leave London at 6!
    My nerves can't handle this!:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It changed its mind and headed east towards Birmingham and Manchester

LookingFor wrote: »

UNw4m.png

Look at that over Dun Laoghaire! That looks like its heading towards West Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

looks like those streamers are staying out to sea!!!!! the clouds look very dark out over the sea here in Arklow, but they seem to be blowing south and not hitting land:( come on easterly winds:P

Are yeah mad? Foot of snow not enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

mumo3 wrote: »
    any body know if we will see anything like we had here in dublin yesterday again anytime soon :confused: happy answers only:mad: lol

What is all this talk of 'marginal' ?? It is -5 in Castleknock, Dublin 15 now and was - 8 this morning at 8 o'clock???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Look at that over Dun Laoghaire! That looks like its heading towards West Dublin?

Ill fight you for it ................................:D

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Ill fight you for it ................................:D

:D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

The winds are so steeply north that the stuff in the bay seems to be brushing along without making much headway. Unless the winds turned more easterly...

The stuff further north though, which is sparking a bit more to the west than earlier streamers could hit more inland in north dublin with the same steep N/NE trajectory. At least that's my amateur thought :P

I know it's winter, but it's gone extremely dark here now in D 20. Any more snow falling?>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

I know it's winter, but it's gone extremely dark here now in D 20. Any more snow falling?>

if d.20 get it before d.22 il go mad

snow if your listing ballyfermot is a bad place they wont appreciate you like we will in clondalkin come here and visit us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

LookingFor wrote: »

UNw4m.png

Can you tell me where you got this image from? trying to find out if more snow is going to land in Wexford.

mumo3 wrote: »
    if d.20 get it before d.22 il go mad

snow if your listing ballyfermot is a bad place they wont appreciate you like we will in clondalkin come here and visit us :P

LOL I'm not in Ballyfermot...........double :p

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Are yeah mad? Foot of snow not enough for you?

no:P love the snow:D hate all the wind and rain that wouldl be here if it wasnt for this beautiful snow:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

CiaraBohs wrote: »
    http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/WeatherCam.aspx

viability completely gone at gunniess

My view every day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭samboshy

Does anyone know how snow there will be between now and tuesday? I'm supposed to be flying out then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement