Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Fair enough but since when are you or The Entrprenuer MODS?
    Not a mod, but have alot of respect for M.t

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

He's in Canada you imbecile and he's not on this forum for your amusement. He's a very valuable and informative member who deserves the utmost respect.

Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

roryc1 wrote: »
    Not a mod, but have alot of respect for M.t

Coolio - lets leave it at that and get back to the weather! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

banSHE wrote: »
    So when is the worst heaviest snow forecast for Galway????????????????????. how come there are no posts from MT in the last while??????:rolleyes:
    My sentiments exactly!

I got a bit of a lashing earlier for making the wrong comment in relation to wind direction FFS!

While I'm sure the regulars on the weather forum get pissed off with the intrusion and silly questions from those of us who don't understand the weather and just want to know when / if it's going to snow (in Cork maybe?:p), etc., one has to understand that extreme weather is exciting for us all hence the massive influx of people on this section when extreme weather is due. While your interest in the weather may be all year 'round for most of us we find a drizzly Tuesday morning in April plain boring and wouldn't dream of coming on here to discuss same. However when there is extremes of weather due, be it wind, rain, snow, etc we all want a part of the action.

I'm a regular on the motors forum and you would want to see the ridiculous questions / posts there at times yet most people are helpful because they understand that the person asking the question just doesn't know the answer. They're not just 'poting the first thing that comes in to their head' as was said to me earlier. In the motors section if you called another user an imbecile you would get a week off. Come to think of it if you called another user an imbecile on After Hours you would get the same. I don't see why it is acceptable here just because you didn't manage to catch MT Cranium's predictions on one page out of 50 of weather reports in one day alone!

/ rant

Peace out!

I think it was the use of the rolleyes that may have annoyed people and it appeared to show a bit of disrespect to MT. Weather it was intended or not I don't know.
    I think most comments have been very helpful to any questions asked.

No snow with a while here.
    -0.2C

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Where the hell is my personal slave weather forecaster? I need a foot rub and 10ccs of Rum. STAT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 roscov

Sorry folks but i thought this thread was about the wonder that is snow..enough with the egos...it's all about the SNOW ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

He's in Canada you imbecile and he's not on this forum for your amusement. He's a very valuable and informative member who deserves the utmost respect.

Who is this MT guy?? Is he the leader of your cult?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Get a grip lads, seriously, won't take anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

roryc1 wrote: »
    Sorry it sounded like he was having a go at M.T and that won't be tolerated here.

Its funny the way some people can read posts. It just sounded like there was a bit of snow-itis kicking in and they weren't too sure of their way around the weather forum.

temperature dropping gradually in Oranmore. currently down to 0.6c, windchill -2.1c

Apologies WC, was typing while you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

This is completely addictive, have been in & out of this thread all day.

MT's last update around 6pm is more informative then any weather report I've ever seen.

A big part of my is dreading the snow as it seriously affected my wages for 2 weeks (and I showed up to work 30km away everyday come hell or highwater).

But the other part of me is dying to see snow fall again & build up and then stay around for the 25th!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 banSHE

user_offline.gifreport.gif

What a nice posting!!!! Some people just don't undertand what is meant by having a bit of manners.
    occasional drops of snow in NE Galway now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

That's a bit harsh.

Snow showers coming and going in Galway city

Where?? Theres two pieces of sleet frozen on my car from the looks of things, otherwise nothing here

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

My sentiments exactly!

I got a bit of a lashing earlier for making the wrong comment in relation to wind direction FFS!

While I'm sure the regulars on the weather forum get pissed off with the intrusion and silly questions from those of us who don't understand the weather and just want to know when / if it's going to snow (in Cork maybe?:p), etc., one has to understand that extreme weather is exciting for us all hence the massive influx of people on this section when extreme weather is due. While your interest in the weather may be all year 'round for most of us we find a drizzly Tuesday morning in April plain boring and wouldn't dream of coming on here to discuss same. However when there is extremes of weather due, be it wind, rain, snow, etc we all want a part of the action.

I'm a regular on the motors forum and you would want to see the ridiculous questions / posts there at times yet most people are helpful because they understand that the person asking the question just doesn't know the answer. They're not just 'poting the first thing that comes in to their head' as was said to me earlier. In the motors section if you called another user an imbecile you would get a week off. Come to think of it if you called another user an imbecile on After Hours you would get the same. I don't see why it is acceptable here just because you didn't manage to catch MT Cranium's predictions on one page out of 50 of weather reports in one day alone!

/ rant

Peace out!

A lot of posts can be misinterpreted. Its nice to be nice and a little bit of direction to new peeps coming to the forum goes a long way i.e. where MT post his forecasts etc. Not everyone knows he lives in Canada.

God help the thread when the snow hits Dublin :p

PS A light snow shower Galway :D

Disgusting.
    Mink wrote: »
    This is completely addictive, have been in & out of this thread all day.

MT's last update around 6pm is more informative then any weather report I've ever seen.

A big part of my is dreading the snow as it seriously affected my wages for 2 weeks (and I showed up to work 30km away everyday come hell or highwater).

But the other part of me is dying to see snow fall again & build up and then stay around for the 25th!!

Dude who needs money when we got SNOW.....

Has stop snowing in dunmore :(

Ah, wait, the lightest snow shower ever is happening outside with a minute dusting on the car... its pretty pathetic stuff so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

yep very light snow shower in galway nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

What a nice posting!!!! Some people just don't undertand what is meant by having a bit of manners.

Its not cool to call someone an 'imbecile' for asking a question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

roscov wrote: »
    Dude who needs money when we got SNOW.....
    +1
    feck the recession, we all forget we're poor when the snow comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭finnigan

i,ve to drive from dublin to clifden in the morn, can somebody out that way tell me what its like at the moment please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

THe best thing you can do is talk to PAT:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Radar4-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Bloody hell - blizzard conditions here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

white covering in Monaghan now...heavy showers :D

well in galway city itself, virtually nothing is happening at the moment.
    Roads could be icy though, its pretty cold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

Happyman42 wrote: »
    white covering in Monaghan now...heavy showers :D

were abouts none in monaghan town

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Hi guys. It's -1.6 here in Meath. No sign of anything. I've resigned myself to the fact that it will come in its own good time tommorrow.
    Could really notice the temps going down tho, very quick from 5 down to 1.

finnigan wrote: »
    i,ve to drive from dublin to clifden in the morn, can somebody out that way tell me what its like at the moment please

Hey! Don't know what its like that side of the county but in north galway we have had a nice snow covering... I reckon you put the feet up ..have a few cans...stay on boards for the night and put the trip on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

millymoo wrote: »
    Hi guys. It's -1.6 here in Meath. No sign of anything. I've resigned myself to the fact that it will come in its own good time tommorrow.
    Could really notice the temps going down tho, very quick from 5 down to 1.

Do you get your temp from http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Really cold here now. Just below freezing according to ipod app. Was at a kids christmas play tonight. When I came out about 20:05 there was the very lightest of snowfalls. Car read 1 deg. Tiny grains (is this that graupel everyone is on about?) which have are now frozen to the roof of my car. It only lasted about 10-15 minutes. Sky is now fairly clear with the odd cloud.

Location. Cork City North East

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement