Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

tbh wrote: »
    seriously - stop it.

Just a bit frustrated with the snow thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Deank wrote: »
    Nearing 10,000 posts :eek:, quite a milestone for a weather thread, just wondering is this a record?

No, it's an internet forum.

leslie-nelson.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Bit of snow coming into Malahide/Portmarnock soon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

_whiskers wrote: »
    Mods! Please am at the end of my tether :(:mad:

Either ban that idiot Beasterly(I can think of other names), or start a new thread??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Supercell wrote: »
    It means that the forecast for Dublin Airport issued at 17:00 GMT was for moderate snow showers from 18:00 - 12:00 tomorrow with visibility down between 04:00 - 12:00 tomorrow (heavier stuff)
    Normally they put Prob 30 or 40 before these forecasts, but none on this so they are pretty confidant in this forecast.
    I just had a look at the 12z 850s and the winds stay NE all the time so Dublin airport should be free from the dreaded Isle Of Man shadow.

Thanks
    I was looking at this just now
    http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm
    It would suggest there is defintiely more percip due on the east coast , even though ME have predicted dryer times :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

darkman2 wrote: »
    #

Should be coming on to the coast here - not prolonged I don't think but risk of heavy snow.

Certainly is a risk. I think some areas could get dumped on again tonight but will be very hit and miss, nothing like last night.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

No, it's an internet forum.

leslie-nelson.jpg

It's not is it :rolleyes: I was wondering was it a record for the Boards Weather Forum

Mods! Please am at the end of my tether :(:mad:
    EDIT: thanks! :)

So am I , why is he doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Jaysus, I thought my Bray snow rants were bad enough but Beasterly sounds like he is on a rampage and about to kill someone!! :D

I was out with the dogs up the field at Bray Head during the 'Big' Shower. Its actually quite bright up there what with the ground in the town reflecting all the streetlights up which then bounce off the flakes all over the place and back down on the blanket of snow on Bray Head. Sorry I digress. Shocked to log back on here and raintoday when I came back to find that Bray had been right under that 'Big' shower rather than just catching the edge like I thought. It was moderately heavy for 15 minutes on Bray Head but looking at the frsh accumulations on dirty snow, it was literally just a dusting measured in millimetres.

4cm in Dalkey???

Anyway, I have to laugh at the West Dublin Rathfarnam etc lads moaning about missing the showers. What? Was 2 foot yesterday not enough for you FFS :D You don't hear the Wicklow and Arklow lads moaning who are in the IOM Shadow. They are content with their 2 feet!

Either ban that idiot Beasterly(I can think of other names), or start a new thread??

Help, scrooge has stole mickeys and whiskers identities

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Deank wrote: »
    Nearing 10,000 posts :eek:, quite a milestone for a weather thread, just wondering is this a record?

If you go out to the main page, you can reorder the threads - normally the thread with the latest post is at the top of list - and you can reorder them according to the largest amount of replies or views.

Stickey threads are always at the top of the page, so we can rule those out.

the top three weather-related threads according to the amount of replies are:
    3300 replies

3097 Replies
    and
    3071 replies

Calibos wrote: »
    Jaysus, I thought my Bray snow rants were bad enough but Beasterly sounds like he is on a rampage and about to kill someone!! :D

I was out with the dogs up the field at Bray Head during the 'Big' Shower. Its actually quite bright up there what with the ground in the town reflecting all the streetlights up which then bounce off the flakes all over the place and back down on the blanket of snow on Bray Head. Sorry I digress. Shocked to log back on here and raintoday when I came back to find that Bray had been right under that 'Big' shower rather than just catching the edge like I thought. It was moderately heavy for 15 minutes on Bray Head but looking at the frsh accumulations on dirty snow, it was literally just a dusting measured in millimetres.

4cm in Dalkey???

Anyway, I have to laugh at the West Dublin Rathfarnam etc lads moaning about missing the showers. What? Was 2 foot yesterday not enough for you FFS :D You don't hear the Wicklow and Arklow lads moaning who are in the IOM Shadow. They are content with their 2 feet!

Beasterly just sounds stupid.

Please don't have a go at other posters on thread. They always - ALWAYS - defend themselves when you do that, and it just leads to a whole mess of abuse and bannings and it's nearly christmas. Report the post, but don't gloat about posting it afterwards - another post which can do nothing else but cause trouble.
    BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Help, scrooge has stole mickeys and whiskers identities

seriously - help me to help you. Cop on a little bit.

Thanks
    I was looking at this just now
    http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm
    It would suggest there is defintiely more percip due on the east coast , even though ME have predicted dryer times :pac:

ME are right, it will be drier tonight on the east coast in general - there wont be a foot of snow dumped all the way down from Dublin to Gorey, but there will be areas that get 5-10 cm is my guess. The probability of this happening is over a wide area, but its not frontal so it wont be as widespread as those maps might imply.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Lads i was just havin a laugh, its evident some people have never tried that before, they should, the might enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Calibos wrote: »
    You don't hear the Wicklow and Arklow lads moaning who are in the IOM Shadow. They are content with their 2 feet!

You don't hear much about the lads with three feet in Wicklow and Arklow!;)
    But hey, that's a whole other discussion that has nothing to do with the weather! :D

CARLOW - Tullow reading -9.1c

It could be snowing but the curtains are closed so I'll guess that it's not!

:)

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Lads i was just havin a laugh, its evident some people have never tried that before, they should, the might enjoy it!

and that's the last post on the subject, no excuses.

East link bridge completely white, slush frozen hard. No rush hour tonight it seems to melt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

tbh wrote: »
    If you go out to the main page, you can reorder the threads - normally the thread with the latest post is at the top of list - and you can reorder them according to the largest amount of replies or views.

Stickey threads are always at the top of the page, so we can rule those out.

the top three weather-related threads according to the amount of replies are:
    3300 replies

3097 Replies
    and
    3071 replies
    So it is a new record for the Weather Forum, broken some time ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

It's extremely hard for some to post and read the thread.

But its pretty and cant we all do with a little more prettiness in our drab lives?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The white stuff is in the rte newsroom it seems, sharon and brian are all giggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Quiet you wrote: »
    But its pretty and cant we all do with a little more prettiness in our drab lives?

If you want to see something pretty, look out the window ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Quiet you wrote: »

My life is full of prettiness, no drabness here!

Im pretty sure were not going to get any snow tonight, well see what happens tomorrow when we get here.

I apologise for giving in to the urge to have tiny bit of fun, i was tinkin it might of been Christmas or something:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Eileen Magner on the ski slopes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Just drove from Tesco, Clare Hall to Sutton. Light snow at first. The coast in Baldoyle was quite heavy. Sutton Cross was a blur, really strong hail/graupel with very poor visibility. Home 10 mins and it's turned to proper heavy snow. It's replenishing stocks lost to the rain last night :D

My night has just brightened up.

The lovely Evanne is on RTE doing the sports news. Mods, can you create a loveheart smiley please!????

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Rougies wrote: »
    If you want to see something pretty, look out the window ;)

Man, you made me jump up and look out the window thinking id see some snow falling.

Never do that again, it was a low blow.

My life is full of prettiness, no drabness here!

Haha, sounds like my wife. She got a new hair style done in the hair dresser today and she cant stop preening in front of the mirror or window or anything shiny :D She's as pleased as buttons with herself so everything in my world is full of happiness too :)

Oh, them weather charts eh..who would have believed it !!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭thomasj

My night has just brightened up.

The lovely Evanne is on RTE doing the sports news. Mods, can you create a loveheart smiley please!????

:D

<3 is as good as you're gonna get! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement