Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SquallyShowers

Nice coating on everything here now; it's just so beautiful. We have had 2 good snow showers since 4.36pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Ta se ag teacht:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 banSHE

Its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cold. minus 1.5 but just a few drops of snow in the last hour!!!! NE Galway!!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Really cold here now. Just below freezing according to ipod app. Was at a kids christmas play tonight. When I came out about 20:05 there was the very lightest of snowfalls. Car read 1 deg. Tiny grains (is this that graupel everyone is on about?) which have are now frozen to the roof of my car. It only lasted about 10-15 minutes. Sky is now fairly clear with the odd cloud.

Location. Cork City North East

That is what we call a 'sprinkle'..not snowfall!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Ok, this has probably been answered loads of times but you know the way sometimes you need someone to specifically tell you stuff...well, I have an exam tomorrow at 6pm - 8pm in Ballsbridge, Dublin. Anyone fancy guessing what the weather and driving conditions are likely to be then? Particularly after 8pm as I've to get from town to Greystones and then back in and out of town on Saturday morning between 9 and 12.

Would love to just get giddy now about the snow but trying to study.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Really cold here now. Just below freezing according to ipod app. Was at a kids christmas play tonight. When I came out about 20:05 there was the very lightest of snowfalls. Car read 1 deg. Tiny grains (is this that graupel everyone is on about?) which have are now frozen to the roof of my car. It only lasted about 10-15 minutes. Sky is now fairly clear with the odd cloud.

Location. Cork City North East

OMG

You should be very careful with a statement like this.

It could have the potential to bring boards down if the Corkonians get a whiff of it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 roscov

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Ta se ag teacht:D

fear sneachta ban...hata ar a cheann..BOULI BOULI

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Bah humbug. Not a single flake :mad:. Who turned on the snow shield in west clare? :P
    What's the situation with tonight in the west, does anyone know? Hopefully SNOOOOW :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone know the expected conditions in Dublin tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    That is what we call a 'sprinkle'..not snowfall!!:D:D

Apologies...round these parts its enough to bring the place to a standstill :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

deaglan169 wrote: »
    were abouts none in monaghan town
    Clones

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Don't be lazy and read up like everyone else is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Ricky91t wrote: »
    OMG

You should be very careful with a statement like this.

It could have the potential to bring boards down if the Corkonians get a whiff of it :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Ok, this has probably been answered loads of times but you know the way sometimes you need someone to specifically tell you stuff...well, I have an exam tomorrow at 6pm - 8pm in Ballsbridge, Dublin. Anyone fancy guessing what the weather and driving conditions are likely to be then? Particularly after 8pm as I've to get from town to Greystones and then back in and out of town on Saturday morning between 9 and 12.

Would love to just get giddy now about the snow but trying to study.

Not sure how how often the darts go from greystones, but wouldn't be easier to get a dart there, even if it is early? Means you'll get up there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Clones

not a thing here friend in roslea also said it was snowing there just missing it here so

Heavy shower of thin white hail-type snow...has just become snow as i type this...north galway tuam area...............YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

carlmwan wrote: »
    Do you get your temp from http://www.irelandsweather.com/

I have an app on my iphone, very amusing. Are they inaccurate? How's Kentstown?

Full-on heavy snowfall....I am so happy...time to open a box of cans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

deaglan169 wrote: »
    not a thing here friend in roslea also said it was snowing there just missing it here so

coming down in big flakes now....had froze first so it's lethal under foot....nearly fell and lost the wine consignment!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

How come this has turned into a Connaught/Ulster thread? I thought the regional threads were stopped? Snowing here again in Castlebar...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

millymoo wrote: »

very Cold :) but dunno what temp it is meath has been offliine on that site for age i dont no why :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Could anyone who says "here" and doesn't have their location under their username place say where "here" refers to?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

These radar pics should always be taken with a pinch of salt, i cannot guarantee its accuracy :pac:

Radar5-1.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dublin should get a few flurries, nothing serious. Ice is the primary concern, temps are already well below zero in some places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

millymoo wrote: »
    How does that work then, do you just leave the aul iphone out in the garden for 20 mins?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

How come this has turned into a Connaught/Ulster thread? I thought the regional threads were stopped? Snowing here again in Castlebar...:D
    Looks like I might have to skip the Windy Gap enroute up there tonight Vizual!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I can see stars here in Limerick. Aint gonna snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

carlmwan wrote: »
    very Cold :) but dunno what temp it is meath has been offliine on that site for age i dont no why :(

I'm running the station that shows up as Clonee on www.irelandsweather.com.

Sometimes the map has a problem reading from it, but you should always be able to get it at:

http://www.cooltemperate.com/clonee/

It'll be accurate for the Clonee and West D15 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Well I have to say it's a beautiful clear night on the northside of dublin , I wish it was like this for the meteorite shower the other night !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Cork Airport now reading 0 (zero ) degrees

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement