Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

some proper heavy snow just started here in dun laoghaire, real big flakes too

and stopped as quick as it started

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Still snowing heavily in Dublin 15..has not stopped in Castelknocl since 7.30 and it also snowed earlier this morning...unreal depth.

Stopped now in Blanch village, can see a bit of clear sky and sun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    What has fallen in West and South Dublin/Wicklow is not chicken feed. 35-40 cm fall in places is serious snowfall in a day and half even by Alpine standards. Get a grip and grow up.

Oh the Irony :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

:DHeavy in sandyford

Massive flakes, if you wanted to see the perfect snow this would be it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Castlederg now -18.6 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dubal

Rathfarnham just started (was waiting for me to finish clearing it seems!)

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

heavy snow since 1 hour in Celbridge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

RTE NEWS - dublin airport closed to 1:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Stopped now in Clondalkin, bright sky and I think that's the sun up there :)

Does anyone know what the roads between Clondalkin and Ballyfermot are like? Santy needs to make it here safely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

any disruption from fresh snow will be minimal

This is what ME have for their Dublin Forecast today, the day before Christmas Eve and the airport has had to close again because of heavy snow, now I dont want to get into bashing ME but surely thats a totally inaccurate forecast! Surely its better to leave it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Well I finally got into the office about 10 mins ago.

Seems clear enough in town, but coming in from Finglas its been abslutely lashing heavy snow since about 8.30.

The main Fingals Road (N2) was completely white again on top of the grit put down over night. At least another 3-4 inches.

Crazy stuff!

My Tesco delivery will never come :( I'll have to go shopping tonight, brrr :(

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Ramette wrote: »
    snowing in liffey valley for the past half an hour :(

at this rate santa wont be able to get his sleigh round my estate!

and i have been a very very good girl :rolleyes:
    Santas sleigh is designed for snow, he will be well able for it.

temps definitely rising making it more sleety here, 2.4 degrees and rising in dun laoghaire harbour

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What is wrong with people?? I just heard loads of beeping coming from cars outside so I went out to look. There's a jeep pulling a car up the frozen main street with a bit of rope. The car is sliding all over the place, cars keep having to move out of its way. There's a bus stop across the road and the car slipped off the road and onto the path and people had to jump out of the way eek.gifeek.gif And they're just keeping going! What the HELL???

• Registered Users Posts: 32 4diarmuid

Glenageary with intermittent snow, stop start to moderate flakes. But the bins were collected although roads atrocious in the area, many hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

Fairly heavy snow in Rosslare now. Was kind of sleaty earlier on, big flakes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭thomasj

temps definitely rising making it more sleety here, 2.4 degrees and rising in dun laoghaire harbour

Well funny you should say that because the recent shower we had here in d15 went from snow to sleet then back to snow all in a short period of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Seems to have started to snow again in Dublin 15, I have to make my way out to the local shops to pick up a few things, dreading it again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

RTE NEWS - dublin airport closed to 1:30pm

Jesus that really is devestating. I don't have anyone travelling by air but it will chaos out there given that it is the busiest day of the year. I feel for anyone haveing to deal with the airport today.

Still no snow in Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Morning All,

Does anyone know what the Merrion Road is like heading into town please ? I have to make a journey & thinking of cycling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 realslimshady

Can anyone on here give me the link on met eireann with the chart of the current temps/conditions in casement Dublin airport etc I can't seem to locate it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Typical.. one of the first planes diverted from Dublin (to cork it seems) is a flight from...Norway !!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Just read this on RTE:
    runway braking action reports have indicated that the runway is not safe to use.

Does not sound good :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭thomasj

angel01 wrote: »
    Seems to have started to snow again in Dublin 15, I have to make my way out to the local shops to pick up a few things, dreading it again :(

Yep were off again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

Can anyone on here give me the link on met eireann with the chart of the current temps/conditions in casement Dublin airport etc I can't seem to locate it, thanks
    here you go

http://met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Heavy snow wexford town.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Snowing heavily again in Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

In the shadow here in Dublin 3. Being this close to christmas maybe that's not such a bad thing.

thomasj wrote: »
    Well funny you should say that because the recent shower we had here in d15 went from snow to sleet then back to snow all in a short period of time

yeah, we got some of the chunky flakes back too, but still some sleet/graupel mixed in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Can anyone PLEASE give us some hope that Dublin Airport might re open this afternoon. My son is in the UK and due to fly hone at 20.00. Should he head for the ferry or hold on to see whats happens in Dublin . HELP !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement