Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Sun has broken through the clouds in Newtownmountkennedy. Bit of blue sky peeping through. I reckon that's it for us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

darkman2 wrote: »
    My snow is not melting. We have LOADS of snow. So much I can afford to sell you some.

Im referring to to the reports of rain in dublin. we have enough here now youre ok, weve tried the foot and half of snow already this year and decided it started to become problematic, the current 4 inches is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Heavy Graupel shower in Swords atm

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

pretty much constant with variations in intensity and type from proper snow to sleety stuff to graupel all morning in d8....earlier I posted about attempting to go into city centre...now reviewing this to a hope I will make local shop....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

annieee wrote: »
    Sun has broken through the clouds in Newtownmountkennedy. Bit of blue sky peeping through. I reckon that's it for us now.

How is the N11? Planning on driving to Bray tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

No longer snowing in Arklow. Still cloudy with patches of blue sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

Belting down in Tallaght. Mad how deep it is here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mal48

If you look at live Departures and arrivals at Dublin airport it does not look good. The other problem is that flights are not taking off for Heathrow so there will be a shortage of planes to fly back. Get the Ferry if he can. If his flight is cancelled he will get a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Bullseye1 wrote: »

I couldn't tell ya. I've been snowed into my Estate since Monday night!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Think we might have an outside chance of something this morning in Waterford, Bank of cloud off to our NE, Temp is -1.5c

Live Webcam and Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

STILL bucketing down in Rathfarnham... thinking we're a real Dublin snow magnet... easily hit the worst last time around... hearing the same again this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

savage snow here now in Dublin 15... not far off my knees now in the garden:D:D:D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

oooh... page 700 is coming up soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Yeah, fairly heavy fine snow at the minute here.

We had a little lull earlier, but quite surprised how much it's been snowing this morning overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

N11 from Bray to Dublin was fine this morning when I was on it at 8.30 ish. I’ve no idea how it is further south but there seemed to be plenty of traffic making a steady pace when I joined at the Bray south on ramp. Roads around Bray were not very well gritted when I was leaving so were pretty treacherous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Fine snow pelting down here in south D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Just to let ye know, im gutted for those of ye in Báile Átha Marginal who have it all melting away...NOT!:D
    well after your trantrums yest we decided it be better to give you snow today rather than have to listen to you crying again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Down to one lane in places,have a look at aaroadwatch after the last dumping I'd say it's changed.Or indeed eastcoast radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Snow dying out here again. The vast bulk of the precipitation once agan sliding into Dublin 4 southwestwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 realslimshady

Heavy here again in Lucan..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dmaprelude

Big heavy flakes now in Ballymount, starting to cover M50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Nothing happening in D3 Drumcondra. Don't mind too much want to get out of here early tomorrow anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

Just left Wexford town and its snowing there.

Snowing all the way out on the New Line too and now here near Duncannon.

Thank God I got up early to do the last of the shopping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Mad snow in Tullow now, and I've to drive to Limerick. Might just go home to hell rather than wrap myself up.....around a tree.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Starting to snow again here in NW D15. Very dark clouds overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

dublin airport at least another hour for runway sweep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

is it still snowing in north dublin?at airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Lashing snow Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭compsys

It's strange hearing some of the reports about rain and sleet from around Dublin. I work in Blackrock village which is right on the coast and it's been nothing but heavy snow here all morning. I would always have thought that if it's marginal for snow than places like Blackrock are where it'll rain or sleet. Some of the reports of sleet seem to be coming from places far more inland than Blackrock which is weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭thomasj

Snow is back in d15 no thaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement