Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

whitesands wrote: »
    How does that work then, do you just leave the aul iphone out in the garden for 20 mins?:D

Ha! Oh yeah I just run out and bring her out the odd cuppa. Ha. I assume its satellite or something Im not very tech minded, tho, It compars quite accurately with my car temperature gauge!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Freezing in ennis now, with a dew point of -1.

What due points look good for snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Looks like I might have to skip the Windy Gap enroute up there tonight Vizual!!??

You should be all right on the Windy Gap road, I saw a salt truck coming in that road earlier and the main roads seem to be fairly ok...but I suppose to be on the safe side might be worth going via pontoon even though its a bit longer...Safe driving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Freezing in ennis now, with a dew point of -1.

What due points look good for snow?

-1 should do ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 roscov

what a great night for the west of ireland....we're getting lots of snow and the 'class act' bev cooper flynn has resigned from politics...Is this possibly the greatest night ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Not sure how how often the darts go from greystones, but wouldn't be easier to get a dart there, even if it is early? Means you'll get up there anyway.

Good idea thanks, I actually didnt think of that.

I was hoping for a STAY OFF THE ROADS type reply. Ah well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

roscov wrote: »
    what a great night for the west of ireland....we're getting lots of snow and the 'class act' bev cooper flynn has resigned from politics...Is this possibly the greatest night ever!
    Where abouts are you?
    Im here in crossmolina, Co. Mayo and we have only had a few very light snow showers, nothing worth talking about :(
    I thought we'd get it better than this

TskTsk wrote: »
    I'm running the station that shows up as Clonee on www.irelandsweather.com.

Sometimes the map has a problem reading from it, but you should always be able to get it at:

http://www.cooltemperate.com/clonee/

It'll be accurate for the Clonee and West D15 area.
    You should maybe take your indoor temperature off that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

You should be all right on the Windy Gap road, I saw a salt truck coming in that road earlier and the main roads seem to be fairly ok...but I suppose to be on the safe side might be worth going via pontoon even though its a bit longer...Safe driving!

Thanks for that .... I have 3 alternatives from Bofeenaun, Windy Gap, Glenisland or Pontoon. Like this time last year (and 2 weeks ago) think I'll be going Pontoon way. Its the steep climb at our end of the gap thats the problem! Good to have the options anyway!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

not often you see belmullet at 1c and snowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

It would be helpfull if people would put roughly where they are in their location on their profile page.

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Where abouts are you?
    Im here in crossmolina, Co. Mayo and we have only had a few very light snow showers, nothing worth talking about :(
    I thought we'd get it better than this

Outside Dunmore...I believe it's coming down in Claremorris...Hope you get some soon. We've had at least and 1-2 inches in the last couple of hours.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Same here , birds all over my bird feeders , lots if seagulls in the park - weird !
    TskTsk wrote: »
    I'm running the station that shows up as Clonee on www.irelandsweather.com.

Sometimes the map has a problem reading from it, but you should always be able to get it at:

http://www.cooltemperate.com/clonee/

It'll be accurate for the Clonee and West D15 area.

:D cool thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Picture the scene, Christmas Morning in Cork, a 6 year old boy is making his way to Mass along PANA .

There is snow a foot deep all over and as the boy crosses the road he is hit in the face and blinded by a massive snowball thrown by the Parnell Place gang.

His big friend is with him and he attacks the gang and drives them off, but the boy is crying his little heart out and shaking.

That boy cursed the gang and hated the snow, ever since there has never been snow in St Patrick Street.

That boy was ME!!!! I only remembered this today amazing.

I hope Sunbabe08 has been keeping ye all informed in my absence. Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

roscov wrote: »
    Outside Dunmore...I believe it's coming down in Claremorris...Hope you get some soon. We've had at least and 1-2 inches in the last couple of hours.:)
    I hope we get some too :(, Its very unlikely though as where near the north coast and is that the direction the snow is comming from?

mayo.mick wrote: »
    It would be helpfull if people would put roughly where they are in their location on their profile page.

fair point mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Proper snow out, east side galway city. Looks reasonably heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Done:D

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    I hope we get some too :(, Its very unlikely though as where near the north coast and is that the direction the snow is comming from?

Keep the faith brother...if you believe it will come

Blizzard conditions !!! On Evelyn :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Haha 6 days, gwan Evlyn ya good thing. Could be colder though. Check lake Erie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Right up to next Thursday she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Missed the forecast, whats christmas eve looking like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

To all those people here who are currently writing about the snow their local area is receiving... WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL INSIDE????!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Pangea wrote: »
    6 c warming up a bit ( more like a heatwave)

sorry i read Christmas day

Warmer then, a thaw on the way after Thursday. Any precip. should be rain after Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Talk of a possible return to the normal influence from the Atlantic so rain !:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Solyad wrote: »
    Proper snow out, east side galway city. Looks reasonably heavy

Looks only only a brief flurry, seems to be stopping again.
    Did she say snow up to next thursday? Crap, ive a flight friday morning and have to get to dublin next week....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Where is Castletown, isnt that where the Hardy Bucks are from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement