Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

fairly heavy (what appears to be) hail and snow falling in blanchardstown at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Think we might have an outside chance of something this morning in Waterford, Bank of cloud off to our NE, Temp is -1.5c

Live Webcam and Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Here's hoping !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Snowing in Leixlip now...

Pentecost wrote: »
    Nothing happening in D3 Drumcondra. Don't mind too much want to get out of here early tomorrow anyway.

Thought all of Drumcondra was in D9?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

premiercad wrote: »
    dublin airport at least another hour for runway sweep

As much as I love the snow I really do feel sorry for all those people stranded and trying to make it home for Christmas.

I hope that everyone can make it safely to their destinations.

It is the season for miracles after all.......

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Nothing In Kilkenny, Seems to be some cloud cover, minus 3 outside. I just hope that ME have it wrong for Sunday and we all get what Dublin is getting now.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

been snowing lightly all morning in Finglas.

big batch movin in from wales direction on raintoday

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

CiaraBohs wrote: »

hello there...are you looking at the freebie raintoday? does anybody know what is ahead on radars....very few model outputs can be found here today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Snowing heavily in Ashbourne. Has been snowing on and off all Morning but really heavy now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Very heavy now poor visibility

Newcastle Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

CiaraBohs wrote: »
    Looks on track to arrive over Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

OK
    Firhouse update

Been pelting it down since 1015 this morning and no sign of stopping.....
    Actually as I type it has slowed down but still steady.....
    Cars getting stuck just outside trying to turn into the main road....

Changing all the time from big heavy flakes to what looks like sleet but no stop to the precipitation at all......

Really hope all those stuck in airport get out.....
    Misery for them and their families esp with kids......:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Most people including myself love to see snow. However, when it curtails travel and work its no longer a laughing matter. If Local Authorities and the NRA could keep roads clear snow would be more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Anyone Think Meath will get any today??

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

crosstownk wrote: »
    Just starting again Greystones,seem to be directly in fireing line for all these streamers,or snow showers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Getting darker here in Waterford City, Will our time come??? Watch it live @ www.waterfordcityweather.com follow the link to Waterford Live Webcam.

crosstownk wrote: »

could be right but as we've seen before it has a tendency to swerve towards dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Cionád wrote: »
    Thought all of Drumcondra was in D9?

You thought wrong.

A few flurries Dublin 8, just enough to make it a pain to get in the car again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Just a heads up for the Dublin/Wicklow folk....the Cb cloud out to my east is visually looking every bit as potent as it did on tuesday. Lots of cotton wool and it's the whole vista of the bay here. Radar mightn't look great in the area but I reckon this could put down some heavy falls this afternoon.
    Reckon it'll be from drogheda southwards...no chance for us in the north of the wee county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

OK
    Firhouse update

Been pelting it down since 1015 this morning and no sign of stopping.....
    Actually as I type it has slowed down but still steady.....
    Cars getting stuck just outside trying to turn into the main road....

Changing all the time from big heavy flakes to what looks like sleet but no stop to the precipitation at all......

Really hope all those stuck in airport get out.....
    Misery for them and their families esp with kids......:(

Im heading to Firhouse in around 40 minutes - which main road are people getting stuck on?

• Advertisement

Ps it's -3 sna'warmer than other mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

millymoo wrote: »
    Anyone Think Meath will get any today??

I doubt it very much. Blue skies and very little cloud here at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

Don't know how ye are all coping up east/north with it. We got a good lashing of snow last friday night and there has been absolutely no thaw whatsoever. The fields are as white now as they were last Saturday morning.
    Cork County Council have only gritted main routes and as a result many roads around Blarney, Whitechurch, Carrignavar, Glenville, Whites Cross, Glanmire Knockraha and other areas surround Cork City are still covered solid with ice and extremely dangerous to drive on.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

snowing in carlow atm.lots of snow but very small flakes. we didnt have any snow last night

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Getting darker here in Waterford City, Will our time come??? Watch it live @ www.waterfordcityweather.com follow the link to Waterford Live Webcam.

I'll be up outside your house waving on the web-cam if it starts to snow !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

A few cm's overnight and snowing for the last 40 minutes..thick and blobby but smaller flakes now. I'll measure it when it stops, definitely going to have a foot sometime today.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Snowing in new ross now .

Juppie wrote: »
    I doubt it very much. Blue skies and very little cloud here at the moment.
    Thanks juppie. Shame :-( sunny here too but was wondering would anything reach us

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Looking at the radar images on WIRT, looks like Dublin is in the line of fire for more in a couple of hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Watch out Arklow! Monster streamer on its way to you! Developed very quickly. Winds have turned more Easterly no so south Wexford is being shielded by wales. I think we have enough now tho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement