Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I'll be up outside your house waving on the web-cam if it starts to snow !!!!

Haha hope we get it so you can:D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

millymoo wrote: »
    Thanks juppie. Shame :-( sunny here too but was wondering would anything reach us

The radar shows nothing for us unfortunately. Blanch is only 30 mins from here and they are getting everything. Strange how we are so close but get very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Wertz wrote: »
    Just a heads up for the Dublin/Wicklow folk....the Cb cloud out to my east is visually looking every bit as potent as it did on tuesday. Lots of cotton wool and it's the whole vista of the bay here. Radar mightn't look great in the area but I reckon this could put down some heavy falls this afternoon.
    Reckon it'll be from drogheda southwards...no chance for us in the north of the wee county

Yes and this backs up what you're saying http://www.sat24.com/gb the conveyor belt is starting up again.

Could be a very disruptive day for Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Wertz wrote: »
    Just a heads up for the Dublin/Wicklow folk....the Cb cloud out to my east is visually looking every bit as potent as it did on tuesday. Lots of cotton wool and it's the whole vista of the bay here. Radar mightn't look great in the area but I reckon this could put down some heavy falls this afternoon.
    Reckon it'll be from drogheda southwards...no chance for us in the north of the wee county
    Really????Sun just breaking through now,but still quite grey and full looking clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

Juppie wrote: »
    The radar shows nothing for us unfortunately. Blanch is only 30 mins from here and they are getting everything. Strange how we are so close but get very little.

blanch only had a light dusting a few days ago yet the airport had to close over heavy snowfall its mad how localized this weather is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

That streamer out in the irish sea looks like its heading straight for me:pac: any1 with the premium version of Raintoday radar on here?? could you let me know if it is going to hit arklow????

I need to collect my disabled parents from a nursing home and was wonderin if i should go now or wait!!!! would prefer to wait till later so as not to put pressure on the staff to get them ready earlier!!!

tanx

edit: sorry to slow at typing 2day :) just read Beasterly's post..........think i'll head for them now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Appears to be a decent band forming heading for Wicklow and further south.

Nothing much here barring a flurry or 2 all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

How are conditions in Malahide? Much snow in the area today?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Hi folks

Just a reminder that the "I can Help" thread is active if you have the time/ability to help anyone that needs it in your local area......

Think today/tomorrow will be mighty.......

(In weather terms I mean!:))

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

How are conditions in Malahide? Much snow in the area today?

Nope - bits of hail and snow at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

cheers darkman, no thaw I assume in malahide either ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy snow in Dunmore East, County Waterford now, None for the City yet, Hopefully soon

Live Data and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

proper flakes in carlow now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Credit where its due....the RTE weather and travel updates is really good. Witty and funny as well as informative. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Juppie wrote: »

I know it really is mad. I'm kinda jealous !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

visability in dublin city is awful

http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/WeatherCam.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Its hard to type these words but.......I hope Bray stays in a streamer gap or even better, the IOM shadow!! With temps and DP's very marginal here we are getting rain one minute and snow the next with a net loss in snow depths and a net gain in dirty slushy sh1te. :D

I also want the IOM shadow because I am a jealous bollix and it hurts me to think that Greystones is getting 100% non stiop streamer snow compared to Bray. Just like last time. If I can't have any snow and am getting rain and losing my lying snow. I want the same for Greystones!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Calibos wrote: »
    Its hard to type these words but.......I hope Bray stays in a streamer gap or even better, the IOM shadow!! With temps and DP's very marginal here we are getting rain one minute and snow the next with a net loss in snow depths and a net gain in dirty slushy sh1te. :D

I also want the IOM shadow because I am a jealous bollix and it hurts me to think that Greystones is getting 100% non stiop streamer snow compared to Bray. Just like last time. If I can't have any snow and am getting rain and losing my lying snow. I want the same for Greystones!! :D

Thats an awful thing to say, its chritmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Just starting in Kilkenny now.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Appears to be a decent band forming heading for Wicklow and further south.

Nothing much here barring a flurry or 2 all day.

Unlike two days ago- the precipitation is falling as sleet along coastal Wicklow town but a mile inland- it is proper snow.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Not much thaw here atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Well this time the footpaths and drive around here (D15) can piss right off. As I said this morning I got up and swept them after spending an hour clearing them yesterday and it hasn't stopped snowing since. That's it, no more.

Took a drive and passed over one of the bridges on the N3 this morning and had a peep down, it was very bad. Traffic inbound was not moving and outbound was very slow, each side down to barely one lane. Coming back a while ago it wasn't as bad outbound but traffic inbound was still very heavy and slow. All the local roads are very bad, yesterday trucks had to be towed up the little hill going past Blanchardstown IT towards the corporate park.

On a lighter note, there's lots of lovely icicles hanging from peoples houses and gutters, very festive. On a less lighter note, they'd take the eye out of ye if they fell on you, and it's still bloody snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Heavy snow in Dunmore East, County Waterford now, None for the City yet, Hopefully soon

Nothing here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Pelting down again in Lucan.
    Not that I mind the snow but I was due to head out tonight for pints with old college mates in town. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Stopped now, i wonder is it stopping at the same place as earlier this week :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Light flurry now in Grantstown!

Hope it holds off though, at least until the evening. I'm due to pick up a mate of mine at WAT in the afternoon, and I do not want his flight to be diverted to Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

pelting in newbridge now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Oh oh, just realised if that streamer ploughs through arklow and keeps the same direction it will head straight for us! Suppose i wouldnt say no to a couple more inches. Its a big one so it may reach waterford, dares a small bit of hope for the deise yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Stopped in Leixlip for the moment. Depth is 10 inches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 fiona5

nothing in arklow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement