Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Leixlip- stopped snowing, clouds gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Snow on the ground is unreal in Dub 11 nearly got lost :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Keep the faith baraca, that streamer is bending south and it looks like arklow ill just get the northern edge of it. Hope it doesnt bend to far south and miss the coast at all. Is wexford town still mad? havent returned since the major hardship on tuesday, im plannin on headin in this afternoon.

I was in there this morning just as first shower came down. Not too busy then...hit Argos and Tesco but didnt venture anywhere else as wanted to get out quickly.
    All roads I was on were fine.

No idea what its like now though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

homolumo wrote: »
    I just caught the edge of it here in Kill, radar was spot on.

Ye i wonder will that other one over arlow/gorey head towards our area if it skins waterford city again il start thinking conspiracys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snow here now, proper flakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

theres clouds to the north of cork, looking like there coming in our direction. any chance this maybe snow clouds??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭highdef

Snow has arrived again at Dublin airport and there's a fairly vast swathe heading towards most of Dublin right now. To me, it looks like the airport will be closing again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Blanchardstown is going in to complete meltdown. not literally with the snow, but its ground to a halt. it's got it bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

The streamer coming off the top of anglesey is mighty impressive, Anymore reports from arklow/gorey area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

started snowing again in Shankill/Ballybrack area nice heavy snow.
    Roads are still in a mess, footpaths are lethal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

Blanchardstown is going in to complete meltdown. not literally with the snow, but its ground to a halt. it's got it bad

Snowing very heavy in blanch traffic a nightmare leave you cars at home and walk. Sc is a joke. Worst/Best !!! snow I have ever seen this is massive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

diarmuid79 wrote: »
    Snowing very heavy in blanch traffic a nightmare leave you cars at home and walk. Sc is a joke. Worst/Best !!! snow I have ever seen this is massive

i drive but i might get a bus to town to get clothes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Snow stopped again in D15, seems to be only lasting 10-15 mins each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

baraca wrote: »
    The streamer coming off the top of anglesey is mighty impressive, Anymore reports from arklow/gorey area?

we only had about 2mins of sleet/snow/rain mixture:( dont think we're going to get much out of these streamer:mad:

why do the always tease us like that:P

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just had a lovely heavy snow shower there in Blanch. Last day in work today, my boss usually treats us to a lunch out for Christmas, but things aren't good this year and it's just me and him here today, so he's gone out in the snow to get us a bag of chips :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Proper snow now in Donabate.

No doubt the southsiders will entice it towards their large gardens, decking and furniture soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Slightly unreleated but I see reports of difficulties in Blanch again at the Shopping Centre. The City Centre is moving freely for anyone that needs to get to the shops today. I would avoid the likes of Liffey Valley and Blanch today as people start their long drives home from the City Centre from early afternoon.

Some miniscule thawing in Dublin 2 largely down to the sleety stuff that has fallen today I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

proper big flakes in coolock big black clouds rolling in

• Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

Few flakes in Dungarvan, not much. Just missing out by looks of radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

Sitting here in Park West and it has snowed pretty much all of today. Goes from very fine snow to big fluffy flakes. Traffic on the parkwest road at the r'bout at the prison looks like its the end of the Liffey Valley traffic, didnt even get out into it for lunch I saw a taxi reverse down the little side road here and I did a u turn and back to work. Crazy.

But now I am hungry.........:( Oh look lots of snow falling again!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

had a half an hour of snow earlier, didnt make much impact it was very light.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snow has turned to sleet and now rain in Malahide. Too mild here now. Im guessing the temperature must be over 3c here now. Thaw quickening up but there is so much snow on the gorund I doubt much will have gone by tonight when it will freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Streamer just gonna go off the coast here again, Bummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Good. Let that thaw hit the airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

darkman2 wrote: »
    Snow has turned to sleet and now rain in Malahide. Too mild here now. Im guessing the temperature must be over 3c here now. Thaw quickening up but there is so much snow on the gorund I doubt much will have gone by tonight when it will freeze.

same kind situation here in bray, just slightly too warm so we're getting a lot of sleet and rain from these showers which is helping along the thaw in a big way:(

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Proper snow now in D2. Much bigger flakes. Will have limited impact I would say other than making people head for the hills earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Big thundertorm overhead

Thundersnow

MASSIVE roll!

Plane must of got smashed by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

heavy graupel here in d18 now - looks like wet soggy stuff too...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Big thundertorm overhead

Thundersnow

MASSIVE roll!

Plane must of got smashed by it.

Yep - a plane on final approach reported a lightning strike about a minute ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Does anybody know what its like around Nass town, have to go there tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement