Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dubal

Heaviest snow I've ever seen in D16. Not just this year.... EVER

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

Ah I can't even stick up a picture. Connection keeps dropping. Heaviest snow yet in Rathgar. On top of about 25 cm in the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 15 NICEGUYEDDIE

As Céline Dion would say ....... "This is getting serious"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

temp still droping in howth 0.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Baraca, those clouds that look heavy passed over me (Boolavogue) about half an hour ago and did not deliver much snow at all. now the sun is out.

There over here now and it's pissing down snow, Ninja snow. Nothing on the radar again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Very heavy snow in Portlaoise about 30 minutes ago, heading west towards Borris-in-Ossory the snow just fizzles out. The most suprising thing is the rise in temperatures from -6c around midday to 0c now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

The Guinness camera is just all grey for me. Tried it in IE, FF and Chrome and it still wont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Clouds blocking sun just now in waterford city , im wondering is that cloud over clonmel spreading our way :confused: any one hazard a guess ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Seeing a blue sky in Palmerstown right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Greenmotors

Your welcome to it i have it up here long enough(3 weeks) and i hit the ditch with the car this morning. Great fun till it starts costing you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

The Guinness cam is no doubt getting hammered with snow and that is why its grey, the snow is actually that thick out there ! bucketing down, can hardly see across the street...............slight exaggeration perhaps but its really heavy snow for the past half hour to an hour now

Gonna be some traffic nightmare in south Dublin this evening.

No let up in D16. Still v. heavy and skys darkining.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

jo06555 wrote: »
    Clouds blocking sun just now in waterford city , im wondering is that cloud over clonmel spreading our way :confused: any one hazard a guess ?

No it passed north over south Kilkenny.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Bizzare - I'm watching the Guiness weather Cam showing the darkest of dark grey skies and an avalanche of snow in Dublin city centre.

Meanwhile only 12 miles away - this is the sky .....

currentweather.jpg

Bright blue skies and strong sun. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 j9lyons

This is bleedin mental:eek:

IMG_3511.JPG

Doesn't pick up the snow great. It's a lot heavier in the flesh :)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

The Guinness cam is no doubt getting hammered with snow and that is why its grey, the snow is actually that thick out there ! bucketing down, can hardly see across the street...............slight exaggeration perhaps but its really heavy snow for the past half hour to an hour now

The Guinness camera is just all grey for me. Tried it in IE, FF and Chrome and it still wont work.

Caught me out too but give it time .. :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69708035&postcount=10734

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Crazy SNOW! 0.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Heavy snow shower in Portlaoise, and the sky looks laden for more! just got frozen pipes sorted and water back!! wooohoo
    My pipes going to the water tank are frozen, running a hose from the back up to the tank to fill it every day, pain in the arse, did yours just thaw out or did you get someone in to do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Camera on the Guinness place just started to move :) its a really nice cam actually. Pitty it's not in HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Jaysus, Evelyn is on just warning of heavy snow for Dublin and the east.I think ME have got to the stage of looking out the window now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Meh, All just going down the coast....Again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

esasing off in donaghmede.....clear sky to the east for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

big clouds gathering in east cork. wishing so hard that they are full of snow! have everything in for christmas, so would love to be snowed in!

IMG_3510.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Met Eireann are the worst weather forecasters in the world:rolleyes:
    For the next two or three days the weather news is very good,” he said. “It’s going to be dry but staying very cold indeed.”:pac:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/1223/1224286170918.html

Funny the light snow has turned into a blizzard here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Jaysus, Evelyn is on just warning of heavy snow for Dublin and the east.I think ME have got to the stage of looking out the window now :eek:

I have to say that is simply pathetic forecasting from them. They have been so inaccurate this week. They have been reactionary, changing forecasts etc, but they have hardly anticipated one situation as it has panned out this week.

Reacting to something that is actually happening or due to happen in a matter of a couple of hours is of no use to anyone....I can do that for free using a radar shot on the internet.

They will continue to sugar coat their forecasts and then push out their expected thaw further.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Feck the feck off poxy snow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 mini_brian

caseyann wrote: »
    Met Eireann are the worst weather forecasters in the world:rolleyes:
    For the next two or three days the weather news is very good,” he said. “It’s going to be dry but staying very cold indeed.”:pac:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/1223/1224286170918.html

Funny the light snow has turned into a blizzard here :pac:

Blizzard in Blackrock....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement