Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Thaw slowing down again here near Malahide and another streamer about to hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

baraca wrote: »
    Wexford has the snow shield up today i see!

And waterford two different clouds skimmed past us without a flake :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Ludo wrote: »
    Well as long as you are sorted that's fine. Never mind those people who need to travel or the elderly.

Don't be so grouchy. bloody hell, he's hardly going to get everything in for people who can't travel or all the elderly.

What a stupid statement to make.

Some begrudger you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mal48

My daughter just drove from Galway to Ballinteer. Left Galway 11.30am and arrived at 15.30. Not a bad time under the circumstances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

jo06555 wrote: »
    Where??

Leinster :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

dave1982 wrote: »
    SNOW IN COBH :D:D:D:D
    about time

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Thanx BB.
    Much of a thaw down that way today? Definit dripping around bray,greystones.
    I've just came out from the town.Not a whole lot of a noticeable thaw there,though the trafficced road,main st is clear-go anywhere else and it's nuts.
    It's flakes the size of dinnerplates at the moment so adding up.
    Theres been no thaw at all that I can make out here 2 miles inland

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fiona5

i'll never get to dublin from arlow at xmas if this cont....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Was out doing some local shopping. So much snow about. In my lifetime I can't remember as much. Proper piles of snow along the paths as people have cleared them etc. Shoes were full of ice and melted snow when I got home :|

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

snowing now south of New Ross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

on the way from arklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

jo06555 wrote: »
    And waterford two different clouds skimmed past us without a flake :(

Dont worry its coming to you both,just becareful what you wish for :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Very heavy small graupel here atm. 0.1c

A bit of a thaw had set in earlier, so there's a fair bit of drip drip. Going to be some '82esque icicles in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I've just came out from the town.Not a whole lot of a noticeable thaw there,though the trafficced road,main st is clear-go anywhere else and it's nuts.
    It's flakes the size of dinnerplates at the moment so adding up.
    Theres been no thaw at all that I can make out here 2 miles inland

Hmmm, good cos im lovin it.
    Mind you it takes twice as long to get anywhere these days, but its worth it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

jimmy.d wrote: »
    on the way from arklow

Watching them all day never make it here. Snowed all morning nothing since 12 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like a streamer could be on the way for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fiona5

omg up at the rock is bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Awfully thin streamers mind, with a full IOM shadow ;) Localised snow so, but then that's kind of par for the course here I suppose.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still have one.....but cheers anyway! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

serious graupel whiteout in dalkey, preceded by moderate/heavy wet snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Yeah, but will it be the last of the day ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 OliveOil

Just started snowing again :D

Must say Gorey Town Council are doing a great job clearing the town this time round, town is accessible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭highdef

Indeed....the next streamer might be lacking in girth but it certainly is not lacking in length. length is better if you're lucky enough to be right under it. It seems to be making a bee line for Dublin once again. Won't be long before we can pin point what parts of the city get hit. But at the moment it is looking like whatever parts do get hit will get hit for a fairly long time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

saw quite a bit of lightning this afternoon over dublin which was cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

OliveOil wrote: »
    Just started snowing again :D

Must say Gorey Town Council are doing a great job clearing the town this time round, town is accessible :)

Fair play to them, I have to say the County Council's in Dublin have been pretty rubbish so far this week. I know there is prob not much they can do as it just wont stop snowing but they are pretty non existant apart from the M50 and a private company maintain that to a certain extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Very heavy small graupel here atm. 0.1c

A bit of a thaw had set in earlier, so there's a fair bit of drip drip. Going to be some '82esque icicles in the morning!

Lost a monster 7 foot long icicle off the house today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

smodgley wrote: »
    snowing now south of New Ross

You on wexford side or waterford?? clouds bein building here in waterford last hour but no snow plus radar showing nothing for our area......:confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I can literally see dark almost purple clouds to my east which would be out towards Skerries/Donabate making fast progress south... looks like they are dumping massive volumes of snow too, why couldn't they have moved in a bit further!!!

The sky looks bloody amazing though with the sun setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

highdef wrote: »
    Indeed....the next streamer might be lacking in girth but it certainly is not lacking in length. length is better if you're lucky enough to be right under it. It seems to be making a bee line for Dublin once again. Won't be long before we can pin point what parts of the city get hit. But at the moment it is looking like whatever parts do get hit will get hit for a fairly long time

There's a bit of a blob building on the trailing end of it. Might it be as big as the last blob when it hits ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Think the Met Eireann people are on the egg nog all week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement