Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Looks like the Airport is about to get another blast, followed by the city centre again !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Starting to cloud here...nothing coming from it though. I think the first bit of it has scraped south, but stuff behind it looks more in line to hit here. Maybe!

edit- started to lightly snow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

snowing again in Firhouse:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Looks like the Airport is about to get another blast, followed by the city centre again !

Then that will come my way......................

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Could some kind soul post a radar image there - im gone on the blink here but the sky has gone a manky heavy colour......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

a1m1m1o1 wrote: »
    snowing again in Firhouse:D

Oh for **** sake, as if we didn't have (more than) enough already.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Anyone in Gorey area tell me how the weather has been today?many more showers?

I'm a few miles south. Recent light snow about 1-2cm. Gorey town is meant to be well cleared and main road is okay to travel on.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

can really sense the dramatic fall in temperature around Dublin. Seems to have dropped about 3 degrees in the past hour or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

The streamer seems to be just missing Terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Hang your heads in shame MET, you have let us down miserably again this week. A bit dramatic I know but I am embarking on a 4 hour drive and I am feeling a little emotional:D

• Advertisement

Sky is turning a weird shade of pink here - Palmerstown

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

Cool radar image of a snow covered Ireland from yesterday. Ah, I can see now why the folks in Waterford are so frustrated!

http://met.ie/news/display.asp?ID=97

Edit for high res version http://met.ie/metadmin/useruploads/file/1164.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

From RTE:

Aer Lingus has cancelled all flights due to leave Dublin Airport after 4pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

Sky is turning a weird shade of pink here - Palmerstown

Same here in Dublin 12.. very weird looking alright.

angel01 wrote: »
    From RTE:

Aer Lingus has cancelled all flights due to leave Dublin Airport after 4pm today.

:eek:

Heavier stuff has hit here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

:eek:

God love them all - My cousines fligh to Poland has been cancelled 3 times - There were rebooked to get out at 3pm .. Hope they got to make it xx

Think it is snowing again here in Palmerstown?

Too bloody dark to see out.

LookingFor wrote: »
    Heavier stuff has hit here now.

Where exactly is "South Dublin 15"?

Is Airport closed or just Aer Lingus ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Is Airport closed or just Aer Lingus ?

Only Aer Lingus have cancelled their outbound flights because crews and planes are all over the place.

However, braking action is now being reported as poor. If there is any more snow in the next short while I think they will be closing.

There are hold ups for deicing at the moment. Things are not going well out there.

dfbemt wrote: »
    Only Aer Lingus have cancelled their outbound flights because crews and planes are all over the place.

However, braking action is now being reported as poor. If there is any more snow in the next short while I think they will be closing.

There are hold ups for deicing at the moment. Things are not going well out there.

Sounds like utter chaos?? And they don't deserve to be getting it in the neck from some sections of the media either!?

Where exactly is "South Dublin 15"?

I am just south of Blanch village, along the Castleknock road.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I couldn't hear any hail banging off the windows the last while so kinda forgot about it... looked out just now to see snow bucketing down, lots of fresh cover out there, tis madness!

Id say given the day thats in it they are doing all they can to stay open but if the braking is bad they cannot mess with safety
    It will be a disaster though if it close again

I think it has stopped snowing again here in D 20?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I think it has stopped snowing again here in D 20?:confused:

I think it is actually more newsworthy at this stage to confirm where the hell it isn't snowing in Dublin;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

yeah their doing another run&visual check for depth on runway

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Kazzehh

No sign of it in terenure rathgar or harolds x.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Snow getting topped up by more snow and graupel now after rain showers and a fairly intensive melt earlier. 0.6C/-0.7C

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement