Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Vudgie wrote: »
    I think it is actually more newsworthy at this stage to confirm where the hell it isn't snowing in Dublin;)

Terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

trogdor wrote: »
    Snow getting topped up by more snow and graupel now after rain showers and a fairly intensive melt earlier. 0.6C/-0.7C

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

anyone have the link to the ATC ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Read through a few pages there. Anyone else find the constant talk about 82, how it was better etc incredibly annoying? ok, so one time about 30 years ago there was some snow, and it drifted a lot. But 30 years have blurred a lot of peoples memories i think, because the range of depths and drifts described here is so wide that there is no way all of them are right. Also, would people really prefer anything between 1 and 99 feet of snow ( depending on who you believe) or a moderate amount of snow which lasts a while?

Read through a few pages there. Anyone else find the constant talk about 82, how it was better etc incredibly annoying? ok, so one time about 30 years ago there was some snow, and it drifted a lot. But 30 years have blurred a lot of peoples memories i think, because the range of depths and drifts described here is so wide that there is no way all of them are right. Also, would people really prefer anything between 1 and 99 feet of snow ( depending on who you believe) or a moderate amount of snow which lasts a while?

Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

anyone have the link to the ATC ?
    http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Incase, like me you have kinda forgotten what green grass looks like heres a reminder ;)
    2095282-Blue_sky_green_grass_a_perfect_combination-Norfolk_County.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I really believe that this winter will be considerably more extreme at least in terms of longevity. We have had nearly a month of this stuff at this stage with a thaw lasting only a few days in between. We have realistically a month/ month and a half during which this could be repeated (maybe not on the same scale).

Huh?

There are a lot of gross exaggerations of how great 82 was on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Anyone else find the constant talk about 82, how it was better etc incredibly annoying? ok, so one about 30 years ago there was some snow, and it drifted a lot. But 30 years have blurred a lot of peoples memories i think, because the range of depths and drifts described here is so wide that there is no way all of them are right.

What an odd comment. Better is subjective, but more is objective. And of course the exact amount of snow varied from place to place and the extent of the drifts varied even more, so all of the descriptions could be valid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

It was really bad where I lived anyway, no exaggerations necessary

Was that the year OwenC was born???:)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

There must be something doing that as it happens every time. Wonder why it didn't happen 3 weeks ago :confused:

Last week the front developed from a southerly direction and spun around dumping on us...I reckon if any precipitation heading our way passes over land it dries out, and the really juicy stuff from the NE skims passed us out to sea..... booooo !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

irish1967 wrote: »

A few years before Owens time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

angel01 wrote: »
    From RTE:

Aer Lingus has cancelled all flights due to leave Dublin Airport after 4pm today.

All EI flights that are scheduled to leave before 4pm will still be leaving afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

trogdor wrote: »
    Snow getting topped up by more snow and graupel now after rain showers and a fairly intensive melt earlier. 0.6C/-0.7C
    :confused:

Question?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

snowing again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

delw wrote: »
    yeah their doing another run&visual check for depth on runway

Currently snow and ice on some of the runway.

Does not sound good.

Delays on some arrivals of up to 8 hours, 12 hours for some departures.

Horrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Blizzard in Swords again

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but that front approaching from the West is really making ground....I can't see the cold Easterly winning out....

• Advertisement

irish1967 wrote: »

ah now that was a great year for mankind. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

RainToday radar image is a bit out. No snow fallen in Terenure since this afternoons thundersnow.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but that front approaching from the West is really making ground....I can't see the cold Easterly winning out....

Yippeeee! My car read -12 yesterday morning then -7 and today -2 and -3. Maybe thaw coming sooner than we think?

Yay............Palmerstown got mentioned on Nova News. Temp is -3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

looking at radar the airport about to get another hit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

The easterly winds are not meant to win out

It gets held up for a couple of days

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-atlantic.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Dis someone say my name???:P

delw wrote: »
    looking at radar the airport about to get another hit

I'd hate to be working out there now, or even trying to get a flight!! Horrible:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Some of the photos were shocking however. I do suspect that some of '82 was more localised than the impression given on threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement