Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

rsom wrote: »
    Wonder why the snowfall fills in the gaps and brings them up to the level of the other snow......footprints etc always seem to smoothen out with fresh snowfall:confused:

That snow's got it's own mind maaaaaaan

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tonybear

Haven't you had enough already?
    Thought i had but then discovered a talent for snowman building that had lay undiscovered for 28 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

tonybear wrote: »
    Thought i had but then discovered a talent for snowman building that had lay undiscovered for 28 years.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,380 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Easily the most pretty snow so far, huuuge big flakes driving down, another 3 or 4 cm in the last hour alone.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Last time around we had about 2 feet where I am in Rathfarnham. This time, we're about 17 inches.

3-4 feet of snow before Xmas!? Amazing!

What was the deepest measurement you measured, in CM?

And no, you will not get a metre+ plus of snow for Christmas. :P:P

• Advertisement

Sky turning pink again here in Palmerstown...........more white stuff on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

ballyfermot is disappearing very very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Hey,
    I'm in Ballyfermot at the moment. I am unable to even open the door of my car there is that much snow (12" on top of a table out the back) but I have to get to Liffey Valley,luckly my parents drive a 4x4 and I'm trying to find out what its like at the bridge going to liffey valley (the one that goes over the m50)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I'm in Ballyfermot at the moment. I am unable to even open the door of my car there is that much snow (12" on top of a table out the back) but I have to get to Liffey Valley,luckly my parents drive a 4x4 and I'm trying to find out what its like at the bridge going to liffey valley (the one that goes over the m50)

Thanks.
    i live just off ballyfermot road and the traffic is mad so you would be lucky to get that far mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Thanks but I’m looking for actual data which shows how bad it was, i.e percipictaton and temps.
    As I recall the event was an east and south east event. I remember drifts as big in the Waterford/Kilkenny/Wexford area but the consensus here seems to be it was almost a Dublin only event. I recall during this event Kilkenny recorded a record low of ground temp at its time of -18.1.

Is this any help :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63818761&postcount=73

• Advertisement

Cycle maybe?? Or ski??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Snowing in wexford town yet again!!!
    Me not care anymore, my turkey and ham are in the fridge, and im finished work for the next 5 days:):):):) I so happy now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Strings

Need to head down to Cork tomorrow but if this keeps up I think it will be impossible, need to make an executive decision whether to head down tonight or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Light snow on and off all evening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Head tonight, will be a lot more traffic in the morning I would imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cabra

You would be mad to try it tonight - a colleague of mine left Dublin 8 today at 2pm for Limerick and was only as far as the Portlaoise bypass at 6.30pm - still havent heard if she's got there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Pelting it down here in Rathfarnham. House behind mine has a huge overhang of snow from their roof, it's covering the top of their upstairs windows!! Wouldn't like to be underneath that when it falls!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Winds going more Northerly here. Showers won't be coming on to the coast much longer. Have had prolonged snow and hail and it's not a pretty mix for drivers. Once the showers are steered off shore the temperature will plummet and all this will freeze again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Head tongiht, only you and the snow plows on the road.

No dithering eejits to get in your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

Strings wrote: »
    Need to head down to Cork tomorrow but if this keeps up I think it will be impossible, need to make an executive decision whether to head down tonight or not?
    showers should die off tonight around midnight so most main roads should be cleared by tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

John.Icy wrote: »
    What was the deepest measurement you measured, in CM?

And no, you will not get a metre+ plus of snow for Christmas. :P:P

Don't know CMs... I measured on my back table, 23 inches...

so whatever that is in CM.

And I meant cumulative (though looking at it pelting down right now... ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobby14

-15 already in killygordon........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cabra wrote: »
    You would be mad to try it tonight - a colleague of mine left Dublin 8 today at 2pm for Limerick and was only as far as the Portlaoise bypass at 6.30pm - still havent heard if she's got there yet

I am headin in the other direction Limerick to Swords at 8pm - going to be a long drive. Spare pair of underwear packed and all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

rsom wrote: »
    Wonder why the snowfall fills in the gaps and brings them up to the level of the other snow......footprints etc always seem to smoothen out with fresh snowfall:confused:
    Gravity.....a bit like water finding it's own level....wind blows the snow around and more tends to fall into lower areas...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Light snow on and off all evening here.

Yeah it's muck, If it's gonna snow then snow if not p!ss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Mc Love wrote: »
    I am headin in the other direction Limerick to Swords at 8pm - going to be a long drive. Spare pair of underwear packed and all :D

Did it today in two hours....no probs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The Day After Tomorrow...

is a white Christmas. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Flash of lightening here in D3,its been consistently snowing now for a few hours as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

darkman2 wrote: »
    Winds going more Northerly here. Showers won't be coming on to the coast much longer. Have had prolonged snow and hail and it's not a pretty mix for drivers. Once the showers are steered off shore the temperature will plummet and all this will freeze again.

Right, you have a northely surface wind, if so, showers wont steer off course, showers follow 850 or upper winds, which are NE, and arn't due a change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

it's absolutely crazy here in tallaght.hasn't stopped snowing since this morning , really heavy blzzards now , constant since about six o clock , went out to get the last of the shopping , got stuck twice and crashed once :( just into a mound of snow though . :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement