Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Did it today in two hours....no probs:D

Thanks Pebbles - hopefully the exodus will be heading out and there will be little or no traffic heading to Dubland

Mc Love wrote: »
    I am headin in the other direction Limerick to Swords at 8pm - going to be a long drive. Spare pair of underwear packed and all :D

wouldnt hurt to throw in a few blankets too, just in case you get stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

This is now a Jumbo Thread !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Mc Love wrote: »
    Thanks Pebbles - hopefully the exodus will be heading out and there will be little or no traffic heading to Dubland

Maybe Pebbles will give u a lend of the helicopter otherwise..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

John.Icy wrote: »
    Im not talking about Mayo :P

But you are talking about the accuracy of M.T.'s forecasts vis-a-vis Met Eireann and there is only one winner there, and it isn't the public sector organisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

927,914 Views :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Gintonious wrote: »
    Flash of lightening here in D3,its been consistently snowing now for a few hours as well.

:( I didn't see anything.

4Sheets wrote: »
    Maybe Pebbles will give u a lend of the helicopter otherwise..:D

No I dont want to end up like the helicopter in "the day after tomorrow" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

gucciali wrote: »
    it's absolutely crazy here in tallaght.hasn't stopped snowing since this morning , really heavy blzzards now , constant since about six o clock , went out to get the last of the shopping , got stuck twice and crashed once :( just into a mound of snow though . :D

I'm in Tallaght, have only seen a few heavy showers. How long has the blizzard been hitting? I've no windows at work

Looks like we could be coming to end of our snow. Not seeing much on radar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Crazy stuff just missed us in Waterford to the North again :confused:

23122010195021.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Godge wrote: »
    But you are talking about the accuracy of M.T.'s forecasts vis-a-vis Met Eireann and there is only one winner there, and it isn't the public sector organisation.

I couldn't care less about M.T to be honest, I can read models myself, I know what's coming...

He commented on a comment by me mostly about the convection in the irish sea now compared to last...

I couldn't care less about M.T to be honest, I can read models myself, I know what's coming...

He commented on a comment by me mostly about the convection in the irish sea now compared to last...

Sounds like a Jealous John :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

I'm in Tallaght, have only seen a few heavy showers. How long has the blizzard been hitting? I've no windows at work

Really really heavy since 6 o clock :) constant blizzardness . crazy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Wind direction at the howth weather station is showing a big change the last 30 mins from NNE to NNW...So that would mean and end to the streamers...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

child

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭alentejo

Snow as deep as it was two weeks ago in my back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

rsom wrote: »
    Pelting it down here in Rathfarnham. House behind mine has a huge overhang of snow from their roof, it's covering the top of their upstairs windows!! Wouldn't like to be underneath that when it falls!!

And nothing in Ballinteer just up the road! Crazy stuff! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Set up your own forecast thread and see how you get on then. Maybe you will be the next legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The snow falling in d16 is by far the heaviest that we have seen all week. It really is incredible. The drive up here was an experience. Managing to get a guys punto out of at least a foot of snow was the highlight. Anyone have an idea how long this should last tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

dak wrote: »
    This is now a Jumbo Thread !

I see what you did there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the thaw when it comes is going to cause some serious flooding, secondly whats the opinion on when the thaw is going to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

I think your on your own with that opinion, M.T puts so much effort into his daily forecast for us, i think he is great, and i love to read his posts(don't understand lots of it:obut still love it)
    There is loads of room here on boards for you to give your weather forecast too, no need to be slagging M.T!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kev_tag

irishgeo wrote: »
    the thaw when it comes is going to cause some serious flooding, secondly whats the opinion on when the thaw is going to arrive.

Will it cause floods? Is it not likely that it will thaw slowly?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

You'd better ask John.Icy, he's the only one who really can tell anyone what might happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I seem to remember you being the person who last week said the east coast won't see any snow til next year?? Great model reading there all right . .:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

Whoring down. Giant flakes!

I think I can hear a light thud as they hit the ground, they're that massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

My sequel to this from the other nights Low Pressure system snow refering to the Anglesey arcing shadow

5281025826_145826ac48_z_d.jpg

Isle of Man. This is what all right thinking Bray snow lovers think of you...

5285793835_93816400cc_z_d.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

On Sunday we will see the green shoots of recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's been snowing here since I passed J9 on the M50 at 3pm. It stopped for a wee while around 4pm but apart from that there has been no let up and I'd say there's an hour or so left in it.

I've to drive to town tomorrow for my Christmas shopping :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement