Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

_whiskers wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 123 is running through town and on to Marino? :)

http://www.dublinbus.ie/

"Unable to serve Croyden Rd. Operating via Jame's hospital, Rialto and Crumlin road on inbound and outbound journeys."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I think you'll need Firepacks to thaw the GLACIAL temperature in the room if your Mrs doesn't have a lovely present to open on Xmas Day........:);)

I think I'll put my Laser card into a Christmas card with an appropriate message - "Help Yourself"

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

MT Just updated on the forecast thread - intelligent, witty and informed as always.......
    Think I'll start an uofficial fan club!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

I think you'll need Firepacks to thaw the GLACIAL temperature in the room if your Mrs doesn't have a lovely present to open on Xmas Day........:);)

Wrap up a brick with the word "DUCK" painted on it in white.
    When she looks up at you, bemused, smash her in the face with a well-packed snowball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

darkman2 wrote: »
    On Sunday we will see the green shoots of recovery.

heard that before..just before the economy tanked:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

joes girls wrote: »
    I think your on your own with that opinion, M.T puts so much effort into his daily forecast for us, i think he is great, and i love to read his posts(don't understand lots of it:obut still love it)
    There is loads of room here on boards for you to give your weather forecast too, no need to be slagging M.T!!!

LOOK, im not slagging him, he does fantastic forecasts, but Im saying Im informed enough to know what's coming, for my area at least, to not need M.T...

its bloody cold ! But, the icicles on my garage and eaves are starting to melt :eek: constant drip drip..

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

John.Icy wrote: »
    LOOK, im not slagging him, he does fantastic forecasts, but Im saying Im informed enough to know what's coming, for my area at least, to not need M.T...

Shut up, no one cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

crosstownk wrote: »
    I think I'll put my Laser card into a Christmas card with an appropriate message - "Help Yourself"
    What a great idea....why don't all husbands think of that and such a simple loving thing to do;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

"Sunday -- green shoots of recovery"
    4Sheets wrote: »
    heard that before..just before the economy tanked:D

Or, the green contours of the stalled out GFS rethink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

I think it has actually stopped snowing here, apart from a few breaks it's been going since 8ish this morning.

Totally screwed up my last minute plans, but hey the kids are sorted and we have food and beer :)

Just hoping Santy can get to his secret stash of pressies tomorrow and all will be well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

You did say you were now "tentative" about his predictions in general - after last weekend's one mistake out of many recent successes. Peculiar, no?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

snowbabe wrote: »
    What a great idea....why don't all husbands think of that and such a simple loving thing to do;);)

And a "pro" for the husbands is, the wife can't do that much damage this year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

snowbabe wrote: »

Must be the inner Mormon speaking, but my eye dragged down the word my from the previous quote so that I read this as

why don't all my husbands ...

:D

craggles wrote: »
    Shut up, no one cares.

Um, Im not talking to you, Im trying to explain myself..

To another poster, who is most definately not named Craggles.

I NEED him !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not just me.

You did say you were now "tentative" about his predictions in general - after last weekend's one mistake out of many recent successes. Peculiar, no?:confused:

Im tentative on every online forecast lol :P

Look I'm sorry, If I came across as insulting M.T..

That was not my goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Just don't give her the pin too - after all it's the thought that counts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Snowing again now here. Was a lull for a wee while as the last band pushed south. Radar seems to show more on the way, a little unexpectedly..thought this current blob might be the last. Maybe the blob after will be :P

edit - heavvvy stuff now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

I'm starting to notice that all the ladies here seem to have the hots for M.T.
    Meteorology has never been so sexy.

Just a shame he's in Canada, the dreamboat *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Elessar

Swords is absolutely insane, AVOID if possible. Glad I left my BMW at home today, but even the taxi up from the pavilions got stuck in my estate. Roads are treacherous.

And it's STILL SNOWING :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Absolutley chucking it down here since 6 :D

Must be the inner Mormon speaking, but my eye dragged down the word my from the previous quote so that I read this as

why don't all my husbands ...

Ye:D:D:D actually had to do a quick edit,you saw right the first time:D:D:D

Swords looks like being bad for a good while now, with another nice healthy shower after forming over north Dublin, progressing SE, however, with dwindiling upper winds, it could potentialy sit on central/south Dublin and dump its load, like many showers today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

TFK wrote: »
    I think it has actually stopped snowing here, apart from a few breaks it's been going since 8ish this morning.

Totally screwed up my last minute plans, but hey the kids are sorted and we have food and beer :)

Just hoping Santy can get to his secret stash of pressies tomorrow and all will be well :)

nope its off again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

If Donabate is anything to go by, the airport will be closed until tomorrow morning at the earliest. It has been chucking it down for the last 45 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

4Sheets wrote: »
    nope its off again:D

I just noticed as I was walking by the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

My wife does that every day, not just Christmas :P

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

ban that person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

ksimpson wrote: »
    If Donabate is anything to go by, the airport will be closed until tomorrow morning at the earliest. It has been chucking it down for the last 45 mins.

And there's more to come......

Should come to a stop by midnight though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement