Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Stopped now in Terenure. That was just a whisker of the main blob.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Malahide area chaotic atm - constant snow and ice storms - really dangerous for driving. Snow on the ground is at it's highest now so far in this cold spell. All tyre tracks, footprints gone. A good 4 or 5 cms extra at this stage I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Since before this cold spell started Met Eireann have been a disaster.
    Summed up by the following statement about a week before the second spell started "it will be below normal but not anyway as bad as the previous cold spell"

They truly are a disgrace

It really depends where you are. Certainly here, we have had a tiny fraction of the snow and temps are milder than last time (due to lack of snow cover mainly). Where as the north and north west and lots of other places have it much worse than last time. Nationally they are probably a bit out all right though . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

davemc6832 wrote: »
    It's stopped now here. Weather to walk down to the off licence or not for a bottle of wine

You obviously weren't in the scouts :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Kev_tag wrote: »
    It seems everytime that one streamer passes a new one develops. Why do you think it will stop by midnight?:confused:

IT Will turn into pumpkins then..sheesh thats gonna be messy..:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

crosstownk wrote: »

They never taught me about the evils of alcohol . . .:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Since before this cold spell started Met Eireann have been a disaster.
    Summed up by the following statement about a week before the second spell started "it will be below normal but not anyway as bad as the previous cold spell"

They truly are a disgrace

Well if you are living in waterford they (met) were spot on :) unfortunately.:( But i agree met eireann a disgrace

I think ME have been spot on for 90% of the country. However, I don't think they anticipated the snowfall that the Dublin area got this evening.

Weather forecasting never claims to be 100% accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

That's the only useful thing I learned in the scouts. "When stranded in a snow storm ... here's a sure fire way to get your hands on some alcohol "

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

More snow showers tonight for Tallagh according to Met Eireann. I think they mean Tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Another big shower approaching the coast of Dublin, this time, further South, It shall expand alot, and could be a very beefy shower.

John.Icy wrote: »
    Another big shower approaching the coast of Dublin, this time, further South, It shall expand alot, and could be a very beefy shower.

Will it head inland south??

nizo888 wrote: »
    More snow showers tonight for Tallagh according to Met Eireann. I think they mean Tallaght.
    Tallagh, Belmullet, Co. Mayo...........?

Yeah, you're probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Pissing it down again here in Dublin 12. Just got home from work, anyone thinking of driving anywhere forget it, roads are in a jock.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Half an hour wasted earlier clearing the paths - we're back to square one here in Donabate but don't mind as full day off tomorrow to enjoy it! My life has been a series of 15 mins slots this week checking radars, think I might need therapy by the end of this winter. Looks like next blob could be the end of the streamers but who knows the just seem to pop up randomly these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I think ME have been spot on for 90% of the country. However, I don't think they anticipated the snowfall that the Dublin area got this evening.

Weather forecasting never claims to be 100% accurate.

The problem is it's not just the population of Dublin suffering with the mis-forecast for the capital. As it's Christmas week we have a lot more people than normal moving in and out of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Very heavy snow for the past 45 minutes in Dublin 15...drifts on all side roads in Castleknock/Blanch and it is still pelting down..:):):) we must have close to 40 cm of lying snow or maybe more at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

i will never listen to met eirann again,that Forcast they just gave on new aint worth the time it took them to make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

jo06555 wrote: »
    Will it head inland south??

Sorry Joe, upper winds are no-where near strong enough to bring the shower to Waterford.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kev_tag

Coming down pretty heavy in D12!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

ciaranm wrote: »
    I'm starting to notice that all the ladies here seem to have the hots for M.T.
    Meteorology has never been so sexy.

Just a shame he's in Canada, the dreamboat *sigh*

apparently fellow lady snow lovers us girls who are weather nerds are deemed to be a very sexy group too according to a colleague at work....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

goodies wrote: »
    apparently fellow lady snow lovers us girls who are weather nerds are deemed to be a very sexy group too according to a colleague at work....

i'll second that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

well i dont think the NRA did enough or are doing enough share your thoughts. I feel sorry for all the people with travel plans and there Christmas ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

I live at the end of a cul de sac, it has become a carpark for abandoned cars/vans where people tried to turn. Not looking good for my Santy delivery tomorrow :(

Has anyone got a set of skis and a sled/toboggan??????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Oh be-have. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Pissing it down again here in Dublin 12. Just got home from work, anyone thinking of driving anywhere forget it, roads are in a jock.

I totally agree....it has not let up all day here and absolutely no sign of ANYBODY gritting or clearing or assisting in any way except local people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

jimmynokia wrote: »
    i will never listen to met eirann again,that Forcast they just gave on new aint worth the time it took them to make it up

what did they say this time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Oh be-have. :)

*plays Austin Powers music*

John.Icy wrote: »
    Sorry Joe, upper winds are no-where near strong enough to bring the shower to Waterford.. :(

OK :( any chance of east coast clouds heading this way probably not either , i think il finally like i did yesterday give up on it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Very heavy hail showers coming down in Malahide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement