Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Oh be-have. :)

Take it in your stride - what's seldom is wonderful :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

jo06555 wrote: »
    OK :( any chance of east coast clouds heading this way probably not either , i think il finally like i did yesterday give up on it :)

Yeah, it's been dissapointing there hasn't it, nothing really got going for ye... There's always next time though eh? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

P.s MT C you sound like you have just been woken up on all the interviews I have heard...I think that helps the general crush we are developing......sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Pelting it down again in Donabate - think I might get my shovel and head to the beach in the morning to build a snowman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

When all this snow is over I must find out exactly how these streamers are created and why Dublin is a magnet for them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Only a few rogue flakes flurry-ing around in Rathfarnham at the moment. The icicles are dripping but not falling off!

Left a garden parasol up on the garden table to create some snow free area for the birds to eat, feckin' thing just snapped in half! Will have to put some plastic bags on the table tomorrow and hope the birds will eat under the table:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

goodies wrote: »
    P.s MT C you sound like you have just been woken up on all the interviews I have heard...I think that helps the general crush we are developing......sigh

Considering the time difference between here and Canada chances are he only has just woken up for the interviews ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

rsom wrote: »
    Only a few rogue flakes flurry-ing around in Rathfarnham at the moment. The icicles are dripping but not falling off!

Left a garden parasol up on the garden table to create some snow free area for the birds to eat, feckin' thing just snapped in half! Will have to put some plastic bags on the table tomorrow and hope the birds will eat under the table:D

under the table ? you'll be lucky if you can find the table :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

what did they say this time ?
    the snow will stop then there will be floods like other reports they have a different story each time not listening anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Been out attempting to shop.

Town is in some heap:eek:

We got a lot of snow here since i left, today we had 4 1/2 inches of fresh snow/hail.

Some light stuff out there now, surely it will be ending soon.

Will be a magnificiant sight in then morning.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Very heavy hail showers coming down in Malahide.

Very heavy snow again and it is piling up fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I tend to think more clearly at the keyboard than on the phone, that's part of the problem. The time difference is also a factor. Then again, just plain stunned by life in general. Thank goodness there are no TV interviews as I look better on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭finnigan

snowing in celbridge now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cabra

I tend to think more clearly at the keyboard than on the phone, that's part of the problem. The time difference is also a factor. Then again, just plain stunned by life in general. Thank goodness there are no TV interviews as I look better on radio.

Surely not!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

only lightly coming down atm

on a side note sis defo not going to make it home from london :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

When all this snow is over I must find out exactly how these streamers are created and why Dublin is a magnet for them :D

http://www.helium.com/items/2039734-how-lakes-affect-snowfalls-lake-effect-snow

Dunno why Dublin in particular but it was Louth last time..just lucky I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

delw wrote: »
    only lightly coming down atm

on a side note sis defo not going to make it home from london :(

The ferry really is the only way to go atm

Snow has stopped here but for how long......?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,380 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hasnt stopped snowing in hours here in D4, just rediculous at this stage.Very pretty to look at though.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

i'll second that ;)

Well its better than being an xbox nerd..shows affinity with nature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Measuring 37 inches here now and its just ridculous at this stage, has not stopped snowing since Tuesday, jeep is useless, quad is redundant only thing creeping around is an old Massey Ferguson. The most snow i have ever seen in my 32 years on the planet. The snow is higher than my 19 month old daughter.

SALLY GAP 9 FEET OF DRIFTING SNOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Watching some programme on TV....keep wondering why there is no snow on their streets!!! Think I'm becoming insnowstutionalised!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Supercell wrote: »
    Hasnt stopped snowing in hours here in D4, just rediculous at this stage.Very pretty to look at though.

Yeah we have a lot of snow too, it does look pretty. Well except for my wheelie bin which is stranded in the middle of the garden because the extra snow made it impossible to drag any further! It's still full so I can't even carry it back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Got some heavy snow today, will be nice when it all turns into liquid and runs away to the sea from where it came.

I would think we got a nice percentage of our rainfall in the past year here as snow.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Holy jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Evening All,

I found a great new way to measure snowfall, its a bit late in the day but I can use it again in January :D

At the back of my house I cant see any street lights, my cat can eat a slice of ham in 30 seconds (she loves it) so I throw a slice onto the back path & when she comes back in I can see how much or little snow is on her back (half an hour ago there was half a fat cats back full in D4)

P.S. no animals were harmed in this experiment, just cold paws & full belly.

Anyway here's 2 pics of the frozen canal (the barge says its open Christmas, I doubt it :))

picture.php?albumid=1504&pictureid=8258

picture.php?albumid=1504&pictureid=8259

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Back again in Dublin 8!!

Measuring 37 inches here now and its just ridculous at this stage, has not stopped snowing since Tuesday, jeep is useless, quad is redundant only thing creeping around is an old Massey Ferguson. The most snow i have ever seen in my 32 years on the planet. The snow is higher than my 19 month old daughter.

its amazing..once in a lifetime event!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

WOW that's a LOT of snow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Still falling here in D3, hasnt really stopped properly for about 4 hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement