Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

im going for -18 for Casement tonight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

As has been said earlier tonight is a perfect night for extremely low temps due to the lack of any breezes and cloudless skies. My station record of -7.7c could be in danger of being broken. Hopefully it will as this cold spell has been very disappointing overall for snow lovers in Waterford and a record tonight would make up a little for the disappointment for me anyway.

Live Temps and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Cant go back to Dublin having to stay in the ice box that is Mayo and no friggin water all day and for the forceable. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

After a slight bit of scattered high cloud interference in the next few hours. Some regions appear to have the perfect conditions to record some extremely exceptional temperatures.

It is possible that some location could well break the all time Irish low temperature record tonight.

Places like Casement and Dublin could also reach around -15c.

Truly exceptional Christmas eve night ahead.

Take care out there, especially after the pub, we ain't used to these extreme temps.

here in the midlands temperatures have been around that night time temperature for about a week -15 on average per night & -8 day time temps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

-9 outside in Kerry now according to my car...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

frser32 wrote: »
    -9 outside in Kerry now according to my car...

Is this your car?

autokit.jpg

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Is this your car?

autokit.jpg

sorry that's mine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Was out feeding the cattle for the last couple of hours. Holy ****, it is cold here. Silage bales were like concrete with frost. Anybody got any idea what the current temps are in North Galway?

Was out feeding the cattle for the last couple of hours. Holy ****, it is cold here. Silage bales were like concrete with frost. Anybody got any idea what the current temps are in North Galway?

-5/-8

http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭secman

Whats an Inchicore Dude doing feeding cattle in Galway !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

People please feed your birds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Drove from leixlip to clare today via a pick up in dun laoghaire, 5 and a half hours. All that delay was in Dublin and Kildare though, m50 was scary this morning. Plenty of tips, people still driving too fast including a guy in a rear wheel drive BMW that shot past me on the M4, 2 mins later he was in the ditch in the middle of the road... The m7 was fine after portlaois or so, very thick fog round limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

been putting stuff out for them everyday this week. They seem to enjoy roaming our back garden without the cat about:pac:

Garseys wrote: »
    been putting stuff out for them everyday this week. They seem to enjoy roaming our back garden without the cat about:pac:

yes its really important to feed your birds in order to fatten them up for your cat or dog,dogs eat birds by the way....Its a cycle you feed the birds=bird feeds cat/dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I can't help it if she won't eat. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

I've been following this tread for awhile now and i wish a very Merry and peaceful Xmas to you all. Hope everyone will get to there destination safely. Have a good 'un

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

They need water as well, every 2hrs put fresh water out before it freezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

snaps wrote: »
    They need water as well, every 2hrs put fresh water out before it freezes.

My dad made them a big docker christmas fecking FEAST! ha

LOADS of seeds and nuts, a melted block of fat , cranberry juice... all into a pot... and simmered it for a half hour or so!

HAs it all over the back walls.
    I say the birds will be passing around where to go for a bit of grub 2moro!! haha

MOre on a weather note, took another walk 2day wit the dog , its crazy how a whole foot of snow still seems so fresh and light!... Dont care if it doesnt snow 2moro. Coz i hav all the snow we want on the ground! ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

-11 in East Mayo @ 6p.m. Could be the coldest yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

ESB out in Galway claregalway area the past 2 hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Luck we have a stove,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

-7C in Swords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 evolve

Killygordon, Co. Donegal @ 6.50pm reading -12.5.
    Coldest of all places listed on NRA website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

ch750536 wrote: »
    Its + 2.7C

Actually up to +2.9C in a persistant northerly blowing in the sea air.

Still i wouldn't wager against a station record if it goes dead calm. -7.0C to beat, dropped below 6C 7 times since 29th Nov without reaching -7.0C which was on 8th Jan
    this year.
    11 years of records

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

amazing how quiet this tread is gone today because the snow is gone and no its not because its christmas eve ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Merry Christmas to y'all

will this thread ever reach 1million views ? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Lots of people didn't make it back cos of stranded planes/lack of de icer.

Seems winters this cold will be a norm now, time for dublin airport to get
    better prepared for this in the coming years - of course they won't , they'll do the usual father ted - "Ah sure it'll be grand next year attitude" ,

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Is this coming to an end of the clod spell or is it just a short break thaw ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

-9 at Casement half way there :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement